Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2011, 09:59 AM   #5371
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,483
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
With all due respect, I am the one who started this thread, with the ''intention'' of creating a thread for the love of film and welcomed ''all'' makes of cameras here. ...
Hear! Hear!

05-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #5372
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,323
I just had one of my ME Supers back from repair and ran a roll of cheapo (in that someone gave it to me for nothing) Kodacolor Gold 200 through it to test it. In a fit of adventurousness, or silliness depending on your point of view, I shot the whole roll with my K15/3.5. Here are a couple that made me laugh...





And one more "serious" image.



Best wishes, Kris.
05-09-2011, 01:32 PM   #5373
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South West Wales
Photos: Albums
Posts: 82
The pony got a laugh out of me too Kris.

I don't wish to offend a fine upstanding Englishman . . . . . are you sure you haven't got any Welsh heritage? You seem to have spent a fair bit of time with sheep recently.

Last edited by garythesnail; 05-09-2011 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Either I can't spel or can't typee
05-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #5374
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,323
QuoteOriginally posted by garythesnail Quote
The pony got a laugh out of me too Kris.

I don't wish to offend a fine upstanding Englishman . . . . . are you sure you haven't got any Welsh heritage? You seem to have spent a fair bit of time with sheep recently.
That's because I am surrounded by them! My landlady has 30 ewes, two rams and 61 lambs...

05-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #5375
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South West Wales
Photos: Albums
Posts: 82
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
That's because I am surrounded by them! My landlady has 30 ewes, two rams and 61 lambs...
And a few of her flock have been used very effectively for the misty photos in the M Club thread - got any 'film' versions to show off here?
05-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #5376
Veteran Member
wuzet's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rzeszow
Posts: 439
MZ-S, DFA 100 macro 2.8, Kodak Pro Iamge 100


05-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #5377
Loyal Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,917
Hey all, film noob here. Just put a test roll of Kodak Max 400 thru an old ME body I picked up. Sure enough, the light seals are shot, but I did get a few decent shots. Used an M50 f/2:





05-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #5378
Junior Member




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Biggest Little City in the World
Photos: Albums
Posts: 44
Man, What a bunch of great shots everybody! I am truly blown away by the quality in this thread. Keep up the good work

05-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #5379
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,483
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruspeed Quote
Keep up the good work
We aim to please
05-10-2011, 08:28 PM   #5380
Pentaxian
jgredline's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LosAngeles, Ca.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,540
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruspeed Quote
Man, What a bunch of great shots everybody! I am truly blown away by the quality in this thread. Keep up the good work
I have said many times that this is the most intimidating thread to post in. I Post in it to try and keep a balance here by lower the bar.
05-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #5381
Pentaxian
jgredline's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LosAngeles, Ca.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,540
Original Poster
This past Saturday, I went shooting in MacArthur Park / Westlake district. It is one of the highest crime infested areas in L.A. My wife hates me going out there as Cameras are the enemy and few if any are ever seen.
As luck would have it, I had just put down my ME SUPER with a Tokina 28mm lens on a bench while I sat down to rest and some guy that ran like a Gazel came by and snatched it up. It was less than 5 seconds and it was gone just like that.. I had already shot two rolls of Ilford XP-2 and was on my third. Anyway, it is a very difficult place to shoot at but ended up with a few decent pictures. Here are two of the ones I liked. Thanks for looking.





05-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #5382
Junior Member




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Biggest Little City in the World
Photos: Albums
Posts: 44
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I have said many times that this is the most intimidating thread to post in. I Post in it to try and keep a balance here by lower the bar.
Well then, thats what I'm here to do as well.



QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
As luck would have it, I had just put down my ME SUPER with a Tokina 28mm lens on a bench while I sat down to rest and some guy that ran like a Gazel came by and snatched it up. It was less than 5 seconds and it was gone just like that.. I had already shot two rolls of Ilford XP-2 and was on my third. Anyway, it is a very difficult place to shoot at but ended up with a few decent pictures. Here are two of the ones I liked. Thanks for looking.
Wow, That is a real bummer, but to be honest, if the rest of your rolls are like these examples, the loss may be worth it as these are some very powerful images. Also you have an amusing anecdote about the area to regale and laugh about over suds with your friends.
05-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #5383
Loyal Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,917
QuoteOriginally posted by Bruspeed Quote





Wow, That is a real bummer, but to be honest, if the rest of your rolls are like these examples, the loss may be worth it as these are some very powerful images. Also you have an amusing anecdote about the area to regale and laugh about over suds with your friends.
Wow, Javier - sorry to hear - that truly sucks big time. I guess if I was planning on going into battle back down there again, I'd be bringing my beater camera/lenses for sure. Hopefully later you can feel good enough about it to tell the tale & laugh over a few beers. It goes without saying we all appreciate the great shots you bring to this forum - hang in there
05-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #5384
Forum Member
Super A-wesome's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 94
Michigan City boat show last summer,
Minolta XD5, BW400CN
Attached Images
   
05-10-2011, 09:58 PM   #5385
Pentaxian
jgredline's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LosAngeles, Ca.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,540
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Wow, Javier - sorry to hear - that truly sucks big time. I guess if I was planning on going into battle back down there again, I'd be bringing my beater camera/lenses for sure. Hopefully later you can feel good enough about it to tell the tale & laugh over a few beers. It goes without saying we all appreciate the great shots you bring to this forum - hang in there
Thanks folks. The Irony is that my wife told me in the morning to be careful. That is why I took an ME SUPER since I had three of them. Still sucks though. I am planing on going back on Saturday to check through the many pawn shops there just to see if I find it. But like many of us here, I have quite the collection of SLR's, so I am good.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:46 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top