Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2011, 05:29 AM   #5536
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,239
QuoteOriginally posted by easytiger Quote
No dust! I wasn't sold on this until I actually made one. It really works.
cool thanks, i'll have to build one, i have a whack of 35 i need to process and faster drying time would be handy

05-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #5537
Veteran Member
Ryan Trevisol's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 308
okay I'm still a newbie at this film thing but I took this shot in color (on Superia) and the color was way out of whack. It was ridiculously contrasty, and I had a real hard time with my scanner, too. However, I converted it to black and white and it set it as my desktop picture. It really started to grow on me and so I thought I'd share it. Be gentle.
Attached Images
 
05-26-2011, 11:20 PM   #5538
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,196
QuoteOriginally posted by Ryan Trevisol Quote
okay I'm still a newbie at this film thing but I took this shot in color (on Superia) and the color was way out of whack. It was ridiculously contrasty, and I had a real hard time with my scanner, too. However, I converted it to black and white and it set it as my desktop picture. It really started to grow on me and so I thought I'd share it. Be gentle.
Looks good Ryan!
05-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #5539
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,196
Just got my K85/1.8 & K2DMD back from Eric, so I tested them out at Spanish Banks in Vancouver, using Fuji Provia 400.







Phil.

05-27-2011, 04:30 AM   #5540
Veteran Member
Ryan Trevisol's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 308
Gofour- love that one of the seagull - I like how the background is still reasonably in focus. Great composition.

Got my TMax100 roll back yesterday - this is more like it.

This first shot was oversharpened, but that's easy to fix.


My scanner seems to be able to pull more detail out and not have nearly as much noise with this film - which is a good thing. I'll be shooting 4 rolls of this stuff next month when I go to France and Italy, and 4 rolls of Velvia 100F. I'm excited about all the digital shots I'll take but I think I'm even more excited about the film shots.
05-27-2011, 06:45 AM   #5541
Pentaxian
jgredline's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: LosAngeles, Ca.
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,541
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Just got my K85/1.8 & K2DMD back from Eric, so I tested them out at Spanish Banks in Vancouver, using Fuji Provia 400.







Phil.
This looks so Vintage to me....well done!
05-27-2011, 07:14 AM   #5542
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,239
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
This looks so Vintage to me....well done!
Agree, not colours i expect from provia, Definitely and old school feel
05-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #5543
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,196
Thanks Eddie, Javier and Ryan!
Seems I inserted the slides in my scanner a bit crooked again.

Phil.

05-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #5544
Veteran Member
goddo31's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,295
QuoteOriginally posted by Ryan Trevisol Quote
Gofour- love that one of the seagull - I like how the background is still reasonably in focus. Great composition.

Got my TMax100 roll back yesterday - this is more like it.

This first shot was oversharpened, but that's easy to fix.


My scanner seems to be able to pull more detail out and not have nearly as much noise with this film - which is a good thing. I'll be shooting 4 rolls of this stuff next month when I go to France and Italy, and 4 rolls of Velvia 100F. I'm excited about all the digital shots I'll take but I think I'm even more excited about the film shots.
Looks good. You could probably bring up the exposure on the first one a fair bit, then increase contrast. Might help bring out that nice grey tone of the car, and the first one does look a bit dark to my eyes.
05-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #5545
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,921
QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Colton, nice construction shot. I love Reala to death. Re your earlier shots with the expired Superia 400 - I still can't get over how good you make that film look. I've never had a whole lot of luck with it. I haven't been real fond of the color it produces, but your shots with it are always spot on.

Best,
Kevin

P. S. Sorry to hear about the SV. I have one that is currently not operational. I've been meaning to send it out to Eric for more than a year - amazing how quickly time flies.
Thanks Kevin.
I'm still trying to get the hand of Reala. I've haven't been that happy with all the 35mm stuff I've shot but had real good luck with the one roll of 120 I shot. It didn't help that the shutter on my SV was having trouble. I was actually very surprised by the results from the Superia 400. It has to be 3-4 years old and then spent months in my van through wildly varying weather. I was expecting bizarre colors and bad contrast.

You should send your SV to Eric, it is a great camera and a joy to use.
05-28-2011, 03:50 AM   #5546
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047



Ferrania 400, ES-II, SMC Takumar 28/3.5





Ferrania 100, Yashica TL Electro-X, Yashinon DS-M 50/1.7

Last edited by Nesster; 05-28-2011 at 04:23 AM.
05-28-2011, 08:47 AM   #5547
Veteran Member
Ryan Trevisol's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 308
I think you're right. I fixed them and reuploaded them. Something was lost in the transition between 16 and 8 bit I think.

Nesster, that fallout shelter is deliciously grainy! I LOVE IT. Amazing.
05-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #5548
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,635
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote


Ferrania 400, ES-II, SMC Takumar 28/3.5





Ferrania 100, Yashica TL Electro-X, Yashinon DS-M 50/1.7
Love that Ferrania!!! I still have not managed to find a source for this film, but will be happy when I do.


Steve
05-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #5549
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norfolk, UK
Posts: 550
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Ferrania 400, ES-II, SMC Takumar 28/3.5


Ferrania 100, Yashica TL Electro-X, Yashinon DS-M 50/1.7
Great looking shots with lovely grain.
05-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #5550
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,921
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Love that Ferrania!!! I still have not managed to find a source for this film, but will be happy when I do.


Steve
I think the Four Corners Dark store sells it onlline.
Their store brand is Ferrania and they also sell Solaris.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:24 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top