Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2011, 02:18 AM   #6181
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Vendee Quote
Thanks. I would love to see more of your own Paris shots.
i do a lot of picture, and delete most of them i only keep the best, and they are mostly on digital support

09-23-2011, 04:00 AM   #6182
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote

The details are on flickr but basically this is it as far as film goes for a while..
Javier, I read the "details" on flickr. Sorry to hear that your processors have given up the business. I'm looking at a similar fate this coming spring and not quite sure what I'm going to do when that comes to pass. Rolling my own at this point isn't an option due to time constraints. This thread and your posts are a large part of the reason I decided to go back and shoot some film. My kung fu still isn't as good as I'd like it to be and my results aren't always what I'm expecting, but I definitely prefer shooting my film bodies to my K10D. Many thanks for starting this thread and when (and if) you splurge on a roll of film, be sure and share the results here.

Best,
Kevin

P. S. I realize it would add another step and some time, but how 'bout mail order processing? That should give things a real retro feel
09-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #6183
Inactive Account

Do Fuji and/or Kodak still do mail order processing? I think I woudl be devastated if my local lab stopped processing film. It is so much more gratifying to me than shooting digital. I feel like more effort goes in to each shot and my creativity is leveraged with the limited options on my k1000, and I love the challenge. If I can shoot film for the rest of my life, I believe I will. I don't have any friends in my city that shoot film, so this thread is of great value and inspiration to me. I really appreciate the knowledge and experience shared here, as well as the feedback you all provide.
09-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #6184
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
how 'bout mail order processing? That should give things a real retro feel
Not to launch into political rant Kevin,will be entirely different "feeling" if FedEx,UPS
pickup and deliver.

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxk1000denver Quote
love the challenge
Have personal belief "challenge" of film keeps many of us "in the game".
Having worked over 37 years in electrical industry,its still a thrill to 'unplug'
and shoot without batteries.Selenium meter or kodak field guide works just
as well now, as compared to the day they came "out of the box"new.
Cant offer much info regarding mail order processing,other than what I
might come up with 'googling'.Dont really trust veracity of that kind of info
because the profit generated is no where close to what a digtal camera,
for instance,might generate.Best to get info for mail order from someone that does it.
Have talked with several managers at walgreens here regarding their operations.
Store closest says "film is strong","will be here for awhile" Yet,another store
just minutes away will say something completetly opposite.
Seems film use strongest in pacific northwest area of states,
might be a good place to look.

09-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #6185

fa 28-70 2.8 Kodak Gold Ultra 400
Attached Images

09-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #6186

Here's a few from my Spotmatic & Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4

All Photos from the same roll of Kodak Portra 160 VC...This was my first roll of it...and I gotta say...it's pretty nice stuff.

Some minor tweaks in Lightroom but mostly how it was straight out of the camera.

Straight out of the camera except for minor curves adjustment and sharpening.

Edited the Exposure, Contrast, and Clarity in Lr 3.41.
09-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #6187
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxk1000denver Quote
Do Fuji and/or Kodak still do mail order processing? I think I woudl be devastated if my local lab stopped processing film. It is so much more gratifying to me than shooting digital. I feel like more effort goes in to each shot and my creativity is leveraged with the limited options on my k1000, and I love the challenge. If I can shoot film for the rest of my life, I believe I will. I don't have any friends in my city that shoot film, so this thread is of great value and inspiration to me. I really appreciate the knowledge and experience shared here, as well as the feedback you all provide.
PentaxK1000Denver, I was thinking more of sending out to Dwayne's or Blue Moon. I'm sure there are other large labs. A quick google of photoprocessing should yield some others. Other thing to do is bite the bullet and pay the pro labs fees.

QuoteOriginally posted by BillM Quote
Not to launch into political rant Kevin,will be entirely different "feeling" if FedEx,UPS
pickup and deliver
BillM, where there's a will, there's a way. I wish it were cheaper and I wish my film lab was making gobs of money and could afford to stay in business, but there's another quality lab close by me along with a shop that rents darkroom time. I'll manage to get my film processed somewhere someway. Maybe I'll send it off to Dwayne's or Blue Moon (see above). And it's not all gloom and doom. My initial post was in reaction to Javier's slowing down/giving up film as his processor's getting out of the business.

Best to all,
Kevin

09-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #6188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by My name NXS Quote
fa 28-70 2.8 Kodak Gold Ultra 400
Some series NXS,enjoyed them

QuoteOriginally posted by BlackRockBacon Quote
and I gotta say...it's pretty nice stuff.
Portra will "git ya", is some nice stuff,great job with it too. A-7 was a close relatives ride for quite a while,takes me back in time just to see it.

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
BillM, where there's a will, there's a way. I wish it were cheaper and I wish my film lab was making gobs of money and could afford to stay in business, but there's another quality lab close by me along with a shop that rents darkroom time. I'll manage to get my film processed somewhere someway. Maybe I'll send it off to Dwayne's or Blue Moon (see above). And it's not all gloom and doom. My initial post was in reaction to Javier's slowing down/giving up film as his processor's getting out of the business
Its getting beyond competative for many labs Kevin.Was popping off at post office
and people picking on it.Sad to know Javier wont be posting magnificent work of his.
FWIW,if K1000 is close to a college or university,normally some film activity around and might be able to pick up something helpful locally.
09-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #6189

K1000 SE with 50mm f/1.4
09-24-2011, 03:23 PM   #6190
Veteran Member

Program Plus, SMC-A 28/2.8, Kodak New Portra 400
09-25-2011, 05:19 AM   #6191
Veteran Member

More from the same roll/day, new Portra 400

09-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #6192
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote

Program Plus, SMC-A 28/2.8, Kodak New Portra 400
Superb!!
09-25-2011, 11:04 AM   #6193
Forum Member

Some of my shots from the Clacton-on-sea airshow 2011. i was using a ME with a sirius 70-210 zoom
Attached Images

09-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #6194
Veteran Member

my new 1957 Jupiter-12 35mm f/2.8 on a Kiev 4, Kodak Gold 400... I had an unexpected chance to shoot two rolls with the Kiev/J-12 in Central Park, as I found a parking spot on 5th Ave. the vf shows ~50mm so 35mm framing is a guess.
09-26-2011, 05:13 AM   #6195
Veteran Member

Jupiter-12, Kiev 4, Kodak ColorPlus 200: