Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #6571
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,967
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
That's good use of the aps zoom. Love the results!
thanks !

the 18-55 is a "no issue" lens from 24 to 55, but between 18 and 24mm, the black circle appear. And i quite like it in fact, it force me to think differently, and do better

01-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #6572
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,967


Super A / kiron 28/2 @ f8 / 15sec (the SLR was telling 2sec, but i remembered of the curves of the Ilford HP5, and tried for 15 as the body don't allow to go further.), Kodak TriX 400.
01-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #6573
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,270
oh-oh your in big trouble that Eiffel tower light show is copyrighted
01-16-2012, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #6574
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,967
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
oh-oh your in big trouble that Eiffel tower light show is copyrighted
everything in paris is copyrighted :

- Subway (you do not have the right to take picture of the subway. come with a tripod and any film / digital camera and security will appear within few minutes)

- Eiffel tower
- Sacré Coeur / Montmartre
- the Louvre Museum
- the Concorde
- etc ...

Almost every building in paris is somehow classified as Patrimony, and thus the city of Paris (or some public company) have copyright on everything that can make money.

... So, every of the 60 milions tourist that come to Paris every year should pay something for the Copyright

01-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #6575
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,270
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
everything in paris is copyrighted :

- Subway (you do not have the right to take picture of the subway. come with a tripod and any film / digital camera and security will appear within few minutes)

- Eiffel tower
- Sacré Coeur / Montmartre
- the Louvre Museum
- the Concorde
- etc ...

Almost every building in paris is somehow classified as Patrimony, and thus the city of Paris (or some public company) have copyright on everything that can make money.

... So, every of the 60 milions tourist that come to Paris every year should pay something for the Copyright
I understand the Eiffel it's the lighting that is copyrighted not the building so daytime shots are open. I imagine they have done this with all the public buildings(all of which are lit at night if I remember)
Of course for anyone who comes and shoots then sells art outdoor art shows in North America I wish them all the luck in the world at tracking them down
But if you want to sell shots along the seine or at the markets you're scr*wed

Edit: - I've been stopped in the Paris Subway. So I shot from the hip instead
01-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #6576
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,340
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
everything in paris is copyrighted :

... So, every of the 60 milions tourist that come to Paris every year should pay something for the Copyright
I think it's included in the price of the drinks...
01-17-2012, 03:28 AM   #6577
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,967
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I think it's included in the price of the drinks...
true on the touristic place

... but there is some few adress were asking a limonade cost more than half a liter of beer strangely i'm often there since the exams are over
01-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #6578
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,270
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
true on the touristic place

... but there is some few adress were asking a limonade cost more than half a liter of beer strangely i'm often there since the exams are over

Drinks are only expensive if you persist in drinking Coke etc. Wine and beer are quite reasonable IMO (and why would I want to drink Coke with a nice piece of cheese anyway )

Paris Is my favourite city (Having been there 10 or so times so far - and maybe for a few days later this year on the way somewhere else)

01-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #6579
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,340
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Drinks are only expensive if you persist in drinking Coke etc. Wine and beer are quite reasonable IMO (and why would I want to drink Coke with a nice piece of cheese anyway )

Paris Is my favourite city (Having been there 10 or so times so far - and maybe for a few days later this year on the way somewhere else)
Most of the restaurants & bars I was in charged €8 or more () for a half litre of beer. I'm sure it's cheaper away from the tourist spots.
01-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #6580
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,270
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Most of the restaurants & bars I was in charged €8 or more () for a half litre of beer. I'm sure it's cheaper away from the tourist spots.
Wow, I usually stay out in the 11th near the Bastille or in oberkampf prices are far more reasonable there.
01-17-2012, 09:48 AM   #6581
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,967
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Most of the restaurants & bars I was in charged €8 or more () for a half litre of beer. I'm sure it's cheaper away from the tourist spots.
the cheapest place i know it's 3€ the half liter of beer, 2€ the shooters, around 2.5€ the glass of wine.
For 8€ i can buy some exported beer (like Corona, or belgium beer). in fact, the best ones !

Most of the time it's around 6€ the half liter. Wine is always cheaper


Here is my favorite one from the last roll i did



SuperA / Color reflex 55/1.2 @f16, 1/1000, Kodak TMax 400 iso. The lab use Xtol to process. i think.

Last edited by aurele; 01-17-2012 at 09:57 AM.
01-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #6582
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 159
I love the photo of the trucks and the back story.

the paris photos are quite nice also.

I need to find some time to do some scanning!
01-17-2012, 07:48 PM - 1 Like   #6583
Pentaxian
Colorado CJ's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,296
Here are my first photos taken with my new Fujica 605N (my Spotmatic is giving me problems ). This is my second roll of film I ever shot. I used cheap Fugi Color 200 film and a Super Tak 50mm F1.4 lens. I'm going to start using Ektar 100 now that I'm seeing some decent results with film!

Sams club scans














01-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #6584
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,967
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxk1000denver Quote
the paris photos are quite nice also.
thank you !

QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
Here are my first photos taken with my new Fujica 605N
they are nice, especially the 2nd one, i really like it a lot !
01-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #6585
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 218
quite nice!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:58 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top