Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #7411
Pentaxian
builttospill's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Utah, Idaho
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,651
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I like these shots. I just got a copy of this lens and have yet to try it except a very brief sharpness test wide open on my DSLR. From these shots it looks like it performs pretty well.
Thank you. I've had this lens for years and I also have the M 50/1.7. I honestly don't know which I like better. I find I generally like using the Centon for portraits and the Pentax for landscapes. While both are very sharp, The Centon produces nice greens and reds. You'll have to let me know what you think after a little use.

09-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #7412
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,100
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Thank you. I've had this lens for years and I also have the M 50/1.7. I honestly don't know which I like better. I find I generally like using the Centon for portraits and the Pentax for landscapes. While both are very sharp, The Centon produces nice greens and reds. You'll have to let me know what you think after a little use.
Will do. As there was no entry for this lens in the third-party DB, I created one, so you could add a review. I'll add a review when I have time to use the lens a bit and get some impressions.
09-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #7413
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,612
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Lomography Color Negative 100 is made in Italy, as far as I know there's only one film manufacturer there, so maybe the lomography colour negative films are the same as ferrania? Worth a try. I've tried the ISO 100 and I like the look, I plan to get some in 120 to try in the 645.
Probably Ferrania. My current stock came as house brand from Four Corner Store. They have since sold out and I would expect that the Lomography stuff may be short-lived as well since Ferrania quit making film some months back. Ferrania in 120? Now that sounds interesting. I am looking forward to seeing your results if you get some.


Steve
09-09-2012, 02:43 PM - 1 Like   #7414
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,921
Here's a few from a recent roll of Fuji Pro 160S I shot with my PZ-1.

Pentax PZ-1, SMC Pentax-DFA 100/2.8 Macro, Fuji Pro 160S




Pentax PZ-1, SMC Pentax-F 28/2.8, Fuji Pro 160S


09-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #7415
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,210
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Thanks David.
Hope to see some 85/1.9 shots from you here.

Here's another from that same roll, this time shot by me.

This was from the waist, composed blind, guessed AF.
Very nice photograph, Colton... --and I am looking forward to the 85/1.9 view, and will comply, thank you! I want to ask what is he making...? I'm an architect, so it interests me.
David
09-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #7416
Pentaxian
builttospill's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Utah, Idaho
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,651
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Will do. As there was no entry for this lens in the third-party DB, I created one, so you could add a review. I'll add a review when I have time to use the lens a bit and get some impressions.
Thanks. I thought your idea was a good one so I just completed a review with lots of pictures.
09-09-2012, 06:12 PM - 1 Like   #7417
Pentaxian
builttospill's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Utah, Idaho
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,651
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Here's a few from a recent roll of Fuji Pro 160S I shot with my PZ-1.

Pentax PZ-1, SMC Pentax-DFA 100/2.8 Macro, Fuji Pro 160S
Very nice portrait. I love the smooth grain.
09-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #7418
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kansas City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 572
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Very nice photograph, Colton... --and I am looking forward to the 85/1.9 view, and will comply, thank you! I want to ask what is he making...? I'm an architect, so it interests me.
David
Bring forth the 85 1.9 shots

09-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #7419
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,921
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Very nice photograph, Colton... --and I am looking forward to the 85/1.9 view, and will comply, thank you! I want to ask what is he making...? I'm an architect, so it interests me.
David
He is cutting a mortise in a timber for a mortise and tenon timber truss. I own and operate a small timber framing shop and he is one of my employees.

Here's a digital photo(I hope I don't get banned) of the project we're working on.
09-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #7420
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,921
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Very nice portrait. I love the smooth grain.
Thank you.
09-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #7421
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,210
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
He is cutting a mortise in a timber for a mortise and tenon timber truss. I own and operate a small timber framing shop and he is one of my employees.

Here's a digital photo(I hope I don't get banned) of the project we're working on.
Digital! Very nice. I thought it was structural framing, and that's pretty special!
09-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #7422
Veteran Member
wuzet's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rzeszow
Posts: 439
New DA 50/1.8, Kodak Pro Image 100

09-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #7423
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,990
Does that mean you can go barefoot . . .
09-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #7424
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
Colton, that Fuji 160S is some gorgeous film.

Here's some more 160S, and proof that I do shoot with a modern Pentax sometimes , the ZX-L.

FA 43/1.9:



SMC-A 28/2.8:

09-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #7425
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,921
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Colton, that Fuji 160S is some gorgeous film.

Here's some more 160S, and proof that I do shoot with a modern Pentax sometimes , the ZX-L.

Thanks Jussi.

Nice self portraits

Fuji 160S sure is nice. Oddly, my first 35mm roll of it that I shot with my K2 didn't work out that well. I usually shoot Provia in my K2 and it meters great usually but for some reason that roll didn't come out very well.

Here's another from the roll.

PZ-1, FA 28-80 3.5-5.6, onboard flash for fill, and composed blind from the waist.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top