Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #7846
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,211
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
While visiting my grandparents over Xmas, my grandfather gave his old Minolta SRT 102. I ran a test roll through it on the 1st and other than the meter not working, the camera worked flawlessly.
Here's a shot of me that my wife took with it.
Nice photograph, and good to see you! Congrats on the new camera, too.

01-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #7847
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047



expired Fuji 160S poorly processed by drugstore, I re-washed and dried, then scanned with an Epson 4490. Contax IIIa, Sonnar 50/2
01-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #7848
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 355
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Wow, expired, pushed two stops, and it still looks great.
Thanks! Considering the disappointing results of my other attempt to push film, I was very happy with this result..

Last edited by bucfan1234; 01-03-2013 at 08:27 AM.
01-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #7849
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,193
Pentax 67 with 100/4 Macro & life-size converter. (Kodak E100G)

A couple indoor macro shots from Xmas. The DOF is only mm when using the LSC near 1/1 magnification.





Phil.

01-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #7850
Pentaxian
fearview's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jakarta
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,067




Pentax MX + smc Pentax 1:2.8/30 + Kodak Portra 160

re-scan
01-10-2013, 06:41 AM   #7851
Pentaxian
fearview's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jakarta
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,067
@phil

the red color of the fruit is amazing. you capture it really well.

.
.

WOW.


my post just passed 1000. didnt notice that before.

four years. ahaha .
01-11-2013, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #7852
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 355
Pentax Spotmatic, SMC Takumar 50mm, Fuji Superia 400, V600


This was shot in the fall of 2011, and the film waited around until last week for processing, probably expiring in the meantime. I am happy with this result all things considered.
01-12-2013, 12:03 AM - 1 Like   #7853
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,921
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Pentax 67 with 100/4 Macro & life-size converter. (Kodak E100G)

A couple indoor macro shots from Xmas. The DOF is only mm when using the LSC near 1/1 magnification.





Phil.
Nice work with the 100mm Macro!

QuoteOriginally posted by bucfan1234 Quote
Pentax Spotmatic, SMC Takumar 50mm, Fuji Superia 400, V600


This was shot in the fall of 2011, and the film waited around until last week for processing, probably expiring in the meantime. I am happy with this result all things considered.
Sweet shot of a sweet car.


I shot this in July 2009, shortly after acquiring my original Pentax 67 kit. This was my second roll of 120 film I had ever shot, taken with a 67II that came as part of a larger kit. I sold the 67II shortly after and used the funds from it to cover my original costs from purchasing the kit, plus repairing the nonworking 67 body and 2 lenses that needed some work.

When I first got the transparencies back I had my local lab scan them and I was kind of disappointed in this shot. A few months later I purchased my Epson V500 and then scanned the image myself but that was even more disappointing, so I promptly forgot about it. In the years since, I've learned that post processing can be as much a part of film workflow as it is with a digital workflow.
Today I took the original V500 scan I did in 2009, and with a bit of tweaking, I like it much more than I used to.

01-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #7854
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 355
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Sweet shot of a sweet car.


I shot this in July 2009, shortly after acquiring my original Pentax 67 kit. This was my second roll of 120 film I had ever shot, taken with a 67II that came as part of a larger kit. I sold the 67II shortly after and used the funds from it to cover my original costs from purchasing the kit, plus repairing the nonworking 67 body and 2 lenses that needed some work.

When I first got the transparencies back I had my local lab scan them and I was kind of disappointed in this shot. A few months later I purchased my Epson V500 and then scanned the image myself but that was even more disappointing, so I promptly forgot about it. In the years since, I've learned that post processing can be as much a part of film workflow as it is with a digital workflow.
Today I took the original V500 scan I did in 2009, and with a bit of tweaking, I like it much more than I used to.
Thanks! The meter in the spotmatic does not work, and I had no handheld meter at the time, so I guessed at the settings.

Beautiful landscape. That picture makes me want to put my camera down, pick my fly rod up, jump in the Jeep and drive straight to a mountain stream.

Last edited by bucfan1234; 01-12-2013 at 07:03 AM.
01-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #7855
Forum Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seoul
Posts: 98
i few shots from a roll or two shot through a borrowed yashica TLR. while i thought the TLR was fun to use (also quite challenging), i am not too pleased with the results. my first medium format experience. could just be that the yashica has a poor quality lens, as opposed to a rolleiflex. or maybe the scans from the lab are really low resolution. still got a few funs snaps.
Attached Images
   
01-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #7856
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,193
QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
@phil

the red color of the fruit is amazing. you capture it really well.

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Nice work with the 100mm Macro!

Thanks guys!

Phil.
01-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #7857
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,921
QuoteOriginally posted by bucfan1234 Quote
Beautiful landscape. That picture makes me want to put my camera down, pick my fly rod up, jump in the Jeep and drive straight to a mountain stream.

Thanks!
01-13-2013, 04:09 AM   #7858
Veteran Member
kcobain1992's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,409
Spotmatic F + 55/1.8





01-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #7859
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6



New Year Wishes

Pentax ME Super + Kodak Gold 400
01-14-2013, 07:56 AM - 1 Like   #7860
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 355

Pentax Spotmatic, SMC Takumar 55mm, Fuji Superia 400 | Porta all'Arco, Volterra, Tuscany, Italy

The Etruscan Gate - built in the 5th Century BC - is still in use today. It is very difficult to describe what it feels like to walk in the footsteps of so many others who, under the watchful eye of the three eroding Etruscan gods, over the past 2400 years, entered the walled city of Volterra before me, so I hope this photo will convey a small sense of it in its thousand words.

Last edited by bucfan1234; 01-14-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top