Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #8941
Pentaxian
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,295
[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeomaster32/10837460604/]Sydney 1961 Kodak Retinette 1A[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/aeomaster32/]arnold_broese[/url], on Flickr" target="_blank">




Last edited by arnold; 11-13-2013 at 03:51 PM.
11-13-2013, 04:01 PM - 1 Like   #8943
Pentaxian
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,295
[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeomaster32/10837452754/]Sydney 1961 Kodak Retinette 1A[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/aeomaster32/]arnold_broese[/url], on Flickr" target="_blank">

11-14-2013, 01:25 PM - 1 Like   #8944
Veteran Member
Agnostic's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 414
QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
I took this today with my medium format film camera. The photo was taken at Horseshoe Park in Rocky Mountain National Park close to sunset. The sun was setting just behind the mountain to the left, briefly lighting up the lone tree on the hill.

I intentionally didn't crop the film borders fully, I kind of like the effect of showing the film edge on some photos.

Taken with a Mamiya RB67 medium format camera on Foma 100 film. Developed in Xtol at 1:1.


Absolutely gorgeous shot!

QuoteOriginally posted by alan_smithee_photos Quote
Very nice series

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote

Minolta Maxxum 7, Maxxum AF 50/1.4, Kodak Gold 200
Nice!

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
I like the last one, nice dynamic feel with the bow wave. And I just posted a Retinette 1A in the Gearpr0n thread



Last few from my first roll from the Voigtlander Vitessa, Ultron 50mm f/2







11-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #8945
Site Supporter
grhazelton's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jonesboro, GA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,829
QuoteOriginally posted by Agnostic Quote
Absolutely gorgeous shot!



Very nice series



Nice!



I like the last one, nice dynamic feel with the bow wave. And I just posted a Retinette 1A in the Gearpr0n thread



Last few from my first roll from the Voigtlander Vitessa, Ultron 50mm f/2




Vitessa and Ultron. A great combination.
11-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #8946
Pentaxian
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,295
QuoteOriginally posted by Agnostic Quote
Last few from my first roll from the Voigtlander Vitessa, Ultron 50mm f/2
Lovely colours. The middle one is like a post card painting.
11-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #8947
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,110
Great shots, film photographers! Inspired by the postings here, I've been having more and more fun shooting with an MX. Though I've only taken my K 5 and Q while traveling, I've been thinking of taking my MX. What's the drill about film and the airport security machines these days?? Is film damaged by passing through them? Do airport security people let one pass rolls of film around the machines? It's been a long time.
11-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #8948
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 355
They did not pass them around the machines for me, but on a recent trip, my film, both exposed and unexposed, went through the machine at least five times without any noticeable ill effects

11-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #8949
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,110
QuoteOriginally posted by bucfan1234 Quote
They did not pass them around the machines for me, but on a recent trip, my film, both exposed and unexposed, went through the machine at least five times without any noticeable ill effects
Thanks for the info, Bucfan!
11-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #8950
Veteran Member
Agnostic's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 414
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Great shots, film photographers! Inspired by the postings here, I've been having more and more fun shooting with an MX. Though I've only taken my K 5 and Q while traveling, I've been thinking of taking my MX. What's the drill about film and the airport security machines these days?? Is film damaged by passing through them? Do airport security people let one pass rolls of film around the machines? It's been a long time.
QuoteOriginally posted by bucfan1234 Quote
They did not pass them around the machines for me, but on a recent trip, my film, both exposed and unexposed, went through the machine at least five times without any noticeable ill effects
Same here, I have had both exposed and unexposed film go through the scanner, no problems. I think it's best to take them in your carry on bag though, the scanners they use to scan checked baggage are a different matter.
11-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #8951
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,343
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
What's the drill about film and the airport security machines these days?? Is film damaged by passing through them? Do airport security people let one pass rolls of film around the machines? It's been a long time.
Try and get your film hand scanned if possible. Otherwise unless you have really fast film (800 ISO and over) it should be fine going through the x-ray machines in any “modern” airport.

I also use one of these x-ray bags that I put in my carryon luggage:

Security Tundra Film Security X-Ray Standard Bag 25T24S B&H

Most of the time no one notices the x-ray bag during the scan, if they do they just ask what it is and let me go.

NEVER put any film, exposed or unexposed, in your checked luggage. It will get fogged by the heavy duty x-ray machines they use for checked luggage.

Phil.
11-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #8952
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,110
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Try and get your film hand scanned if possible. Otherwise unless you have really fast film (800 ISO and over) it should be fine going through the x-ray machines in any “modern” airport.

I also use one of these x-ray bags that I put in my carryon luggage:

Security Tundra Film Security X-Ray Standard Bag 25T24S B&H

Most of the time no one notices the x-ray bag during the scan, if they do they just ask what it is and let me go.

NEVER put any film, exposed or unexposed, in your checked luggage. It will get fogged by the heavy duty x-ray machines they use for checked luggage.

Phil.
QuoteOriginally posted by Agnostic Quote
Same here, I have had both exposed and unexposed film go through the scanner, no problems. I think it's best to take them in your carry on bag though, the scanners they use to scan checked baggage are a different matter.

Many thanks for the advice, Agnostic and Gofour. This is extremely helpful.
11-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #8953
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 355
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Try and get your film hand scanned if possible. Otherwise unless you have really fast film (800 ISO and over) it should be fine going through the x-ray machines in any “modern” airport.

I also use one of these x-ray bags that I put in my carryon luggage:

Security Tundra Film Security X-Ray Standard Bag 25T24S B&H

Most of the time no one notices the x-ray bag during the scan, if they do they just ask what it is and let me go.

NEVER put any film, exposed or unexposed, in your checked luggage. It will get fogged by the heavy duty x-ray machines they use for checked luggage.

Phil.
I should say that I always put my film in my carry on bag.
11-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #8954
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 355
Here is one from a roll of long expired Kodak Gold 200 that I ran through my Zeiss Ikon Contaflex.

Taiko | Zeiss Ikon Contaflex | 50mm Tessar F2.8 | Kodak Gold 200 Expired

11-15-2013, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #8955
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,343
The last of the fall foliage pictures.

67II & 100/4 Macro shooting Kodak E100G





Phil.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:42 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top