Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2014, 06:04 PM   #9466
Site Supporter
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,197
QuoteOriginally posted by Nuff Quote
For some reason I always found your photos to be very magenta. Is it on purpose or is your monitor miscalibrated?
Here I have applied some correction to the magenta cast of the picture here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-pentax-film-slr-discussion/53503-cool-l...ml#post2781390

04-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #9467
Site Supporter
chickentender's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,875
QuoteOriginally posted by ivrabec985 Quote
beautiful photos chickentender!
cheers for that! thank you sir.
-Kevin
04-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #9468
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 671
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Here I have applied some correction to the magenta cast of the picture here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/8-pentax-film-slr-discussion/53503-cool-l...ml#post2781390
Huge improvement
04-25-2014, 09:16 AM - 2 Likes   #9469
Site Supporter
chickentender's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,875
Posted this a while ago in another thread - I just love it. Shot by my father of my mom in 1981 on a trip down the Oregon coast. Kodacolor II 200. Scanned in with the PrimeFilm XE and a touch of PP in lightroom.



04-25-2014, 11:56 AM - 2 Likes   #9470
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,816

Locomotive par Daiku San, on ipernity

Innova 6x9 Pinhole Camera
Kodak Ektar 100
04-25-2014, 12:19 PM - 3 Likes   #9471
New Member
kdparnell's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2
Webs and Thistles...

My name is Kevin Parnell, and just as vinyl is rebounding in popularity, so is film. I have been feeling the need to relearn all the basics of photography that have been "dumbed down by digital". This photo was taken many years ago with my first Pentax, the ME. Since then, I have used a k-1000 and just recently purchased a MV. I am recovering from a heart transplant, so I wanted a camera that was lighter and easier to handle. Now if only the weather would cooperate. I am grateful for this forum, and the chance to know you all.


Kevin




Name:  20120110-web thistles001.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  108.1 KB
04-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #9472
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire/Hampshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,698
Nice shot Kevin!


Pentax 67II
45/4
Portra 400NC
1/60th @ f/4
04-25-2014, 09:26 PM   #9473
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 1,120
Kevin, welcome to the forum! Lovely scene, and somehow seems well-suited to film. Look forward to seeing more of your stuff.

04-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #9474
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,923
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote

Locomotive par Daiku San, on ipernity

Innova 6x9 Pinhole Camera
Kodak Ektar 100
I saw this and thought "hey, Colton's got himself a super-wide", I couldn't believe it was from a pinhole camera. Can I ask how long the exposure was?

QuoteOriginally posted by kdparnell Quote
My name is Kevin Parnell, and just as vinyl is rebounding in popularity, so is film. I have been feeling the need to relearn all the basics of photography that have been "dumbed down by digital". This photo was taken many years ago with my first Pentax, the ME. Since then, I have used a k-1000 and just recently purchased a MV. I am recovering from a heart transplant, so I wanted a camera that was lighter and easier to handle. Now if only the weather would cooperate. I am grateful for this forum, and the chance to know you all.

Kevin

Attachment 217346
Welcome to the forum. I think you're right about film's popularity increasing, certainly with people for whom photography is a hobby rather than just for taking snapshots. Good luck with the MV, the most similar model I have is the ME and it's really lovely to use, and good luck with the recovery.

After months of not developing any film (but using more than usual) I finally got back 9 rolls of colour yesterday and have around the same number of B&W to develop this weekend, so I'm hoping to see some scanned results quite soon.
04-26-2014, 09:54 AM   #9475
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,816
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I saw this and thought "hey, Colton's got himself a super-wide", I couldn't believe it was from a pinhole camera. Can I ask how long the exposure was?
Thanks Jonathan.
This was a 8 second exposure.
04-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #9476
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,129
P67II & 400/4 & 2x Converter (Provia 400X)



Phil.
04-26-2014, 11:53 PM   #9477
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 951
Purchased a Yashica 35 GSN on eBay a few weeks ago, and after ordering an alkaline 6V battery to repower it, I finally found some time to go out and shoot a test roll of film and see how it works. Ran through a throwaway roll of expired Kodak 400speed "High Definition" film through it and the results were actually pretty nice.

Model A hood ornament


Chena River fork, near Chena Hot Springs


Ted Stevens International Airport
04-27-2014, 01:03 AM   #9478
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,923
QuoteOriginally posted by skierd Quote
Purchased a Yashica 35 GSN on eBay a few weeks ago, and after ordering an alkaline 6V battery to repower it, I finally found some time to go out and shoot a test roll of film and see how it works. Ran through a throwaway roll of expired Kodak 400speed "High Definition" film through it and the results were actually pretty nice.
I have a GTN (same as the GSN but in black) and it is quite nice. It's just as big as an SLR with 50mm lens though, and far less flexible, so I don't use it much.
04-27-2014, 01:06 AM   #9479
Senior Member
EJMzagsfan's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Idaho
Photos: Albums
Posts: 240
QuoteOriginally posted by skierd Quote

Model A hood ornament


Chena River fork, near Chena Hot Springs


Ted Stevens International Airport
Nice, definitely a win. I like the ford pic especially.
04-28-2014, 06:22 AM   #9480
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,923
Here are a few shots from the first roll through my first non-Pentax (gasp!) 35mm SLR, a Minolta SRT-101b. The film was cheapie Agfa Vista 200 (AKA Fuji C200). I only have two lenses - an MC 50/1.7 and MC 35/2.8. I got a teleconverter with the setup too, but my test shots show it has a dramatic effect on IQ, especially at the corners.


Agfa Vista, Edin April 2014, Min SRT-101b 018a
by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr


Agfa Vista, Edin April 2014, Min SRT-101b 014a
by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr


Agfa Vista, Edin April 2014, Min SRT-101b 025a
by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr


Agfa Vista, Edin April 2014, Min SRT-101b 021a
by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr


Agfa Vista, Edin April 2014, Min SRT-101b 019a
by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:01 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top