Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2014, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #9811
Pentaxian
MD Optofonik's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by rob1234 Quote


Pentax 67II
45mm f/4
1/15th @ f/13
Provia 100F



I love seeing the sun in photographs as opposed to a bright blob of blown out highlights clipped beyond recognition.

08-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #9812
Veteran Member
wuzet's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rzeszow
Posts: 439
MZ-S, FA 31 Ltd., Kodak Pro Image 100








08-03-2014, 06:45 AM   #9813
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 671
I shot some Agfa Precisa CT 100 (rebadged fuji Profila 100f), I was surprised how well they came out. Most of them are shot using 50mm f1.2 and 43mm f1.9. Using ME Super.


Summer in Ice Cream shop
by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr


Ice Cream
by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr





Sausage roll
by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr


Guitar
by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr

Last edited by Nuff; 08-03-2014 at 07:31 AM.
08-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #9814
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 1,120
QuoteOriginally posted by Nuff Quote
I shot some Agfa Precisa CT 100 (rebadged fuji Profila 100f), I was surprised how well they came out. Most of them are shot using 50mm f1.2 and 43mm f1.9. Using ME Super.


Summer in Ice Cream shop
by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr


Ice Cream
by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr


Summer
by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr


Sausage roll
by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr


Guitar
by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr
A very appealing look. Thanks for sharing.

08-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #9815
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,115
An old one from 1997, stained glass window from an East Berlin government building.

KX shooting Elitechrome 100:



Phil.
08-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #9816
Site Supporter
Baard-Einar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oslo
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 506
My first film post

Hi

This is my first post here on the film thread. Just scanned this nigth on an Epson V700, 16-bit bw, 1200dpi. It is taken with a KX on Ilford Frp4. Its from The Haag in Amsterdam two years ago.

The scan became very flat,so I adjusted contrast in Picasa.

Comments?
Attached Images
 
08-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #9817
Site Supporter
Baard-Einar's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oslo
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 506
And now a color slide

This is taken with the KX also, but this time in Stockholm.

Film Fuji RVP50.


Dont know if I like the color, a little to much red.

/Baard-Einar
Attached Images
 
08-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #9818
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,115
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
This is taken with the KX also, but this time in Stockholm.

Film Fuji RVP50.


Dont know if I like the color, a little to much red.

/Baard-Einar
Like it, nice patern!

Phil.

08-04-2014, 04:39 PM - 1 Like   #9819
Loyal Site Supporter
baro-nite's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,298
QuoteOriginally posted by Baard-Einar Quote
The scan became very flat,so I adjusted contrast in Picasa.
With the v700 (using the supplied Epson software) I find it essential to use full manual mode and adjust contrast individually for each frame. And then take a quick look at each scanned file while the Epson scan preview is still active, so that I can make adjustments and rescan if necessary.
08-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #9820
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 671
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
With the v700 (using the supplied Epson software) I find it essential to use full manual mode and adjust contrast individually for each frame. And then take a quick look at each scanned file while the Epson scan preview is still active, so that I can make adjustments and rescan if necessary.
I find Epson Scan to be 98% right most of the time, but it does lack contrast. The tricky ones are usually scenes like beach or snow etc...

I import all the photos into Lightroom and then apply either Medium or Strong contrast curve. I usually need to fiddle a little bit more if it's transparency, and put the blacks and whites in proper position on histogram, since they usually get squished towards middle.
08-05-2014, 10:11 AM - 2 Likes   #9821
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire/Hampshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,694
I find Epson Scan colours so much better than VueScan's!



Pentax 67II
Tak 105mm f/2.4
1/125th wide-open
Provia 100F
08-05-2014, 10:30 AM   #9822
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,804
QuoteOriginally posted by rob1234 Quote
I find Epson Scan colours so much better than VueScan's!



Pentax 67II
Tak 105mm f/2.4
1/125th wide-open
Provia 100F
Gorgeous!
I agree, I find Epson Scan to be more accurate and more consistent. You need to use the ICM mode for best results.
08-05-2014, 02:34 PM - 2 Likes   #9823
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,804
I decided to rescan, re-edit, and recompile my Crater Lake Pentaptych.
This is made up of 5 individual 6x4.5 film frames, each one cropped slightly to fit with the adjacent frame. I think I got better alignment as well as more consistent scanning.



Pentax 645N
SMC Pentax-FA 645 45-85mm f/4.5
Kodak Ektar 100
Epson V500
08-05-2014, 04:18 PM   #9824
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,165
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I decided to rescan, re-edit, and recompile my Crater Lake Pentaptych.
This is made up of 5 individual 6x4.5 film frames, each one cropped slightly to fit with the adjacent frame. I think I got better alignment as well as more consistent scanning.



Pentax 645N
SMC Pentax-FA 645 45-85mm f/4.5
Kodak Ektar 100
Epson V500
Really lovely quality to this, Colton, and I like the windowed panorama. The blues are amazing, and the softness of the distant shores. Really nice images.
08-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #9825
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 1,120
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I decided to rescan, re-edit, and recompile my Crater Lake Pentaptych.
This is made up of 5 individual 6x4.5 film frames, each one cropped slightly to fit with the adjacent frame. I think I got better alignment as well as more consistent scanning.



Pentax 645N
SMC Pentax-FA 645 45-85mm f/4.5
Kodak Ektar 100
Epson V500
Fantastic, Colton! My parents were just there... Have yet to hear their take on the place, but my dad has been wanting to go for years (or decades), so I imagine it lives up to its reputation.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:20 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top