Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2015, 06:54 PM   #11071
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,994


Horizon 202
Lomography Color 100
Epson V500


04-19-2015, 10:21 PM - 1 Like   #11072
Pentaxian
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,295
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Horizon 202
Lomography Color 100
Epson V500
Hope the train slows down for that curve
04-19-2015, 11:48 PM - 1 Like   #11073
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,344
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
That's not Madrid... Nice photos!
In fact it is Madrid. Madrid has four skyscrapers in the north, built just a few years ago. They're very modern in design and I think they look very nice, but I've never photographed them before. I've been up to the British consulate which is on one of the higher floors of one of them - the view is spectacular but they don't allow any kind of electronic or photographic items through security.

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
The first one is awesome!
I'm guessing it's Bonsai?


It struck me when I looked through the viewfinder that without anything to add scale the shot could appear to be normal trees with very thin DoF. The white line through the middle spoils it a bit, it must be some kind of wire, at first I though it was due to bad development but it's not.

I might go back with my 645 and extension tubes (and a tripod) and get some higher quality photos.

I went for the same thing here but the wires supporting some of the branches are visible.


Fuji 400H Pentax ME Super
by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr

And here's a Bonsai with a more normal perspective.


Fuji 400H Pentax ME Super
by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr
04-20-2015, 05:22 AM   #11074
Loyal Site Supporter
baro-nite's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,364
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
It struck me when I looked through the viewfinder that without anything to add scale the shot could appear to be normal trees with very thin DoF. The white line through the middle spoils it a bit, it must be some kind of wire, at first I though it was due to bad development but it's not.
Ha! Colton wins that prize; I was completely taken in.

04-20-2015, 06:39 AM   #11075
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Newcastle, AU!
Posts: 258
Same here! Great shot Jonathan and great eye Colton.
04-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #11076
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573


Canon F-1N AE, FDn 50 mm f1,4, Portra 160, shot at f8.0 aperture priority.

Guess the car!
04-20-2015, 03:34 PM   #11077
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,994
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote

Canon F-1N AE, FDn 50 mm f1,4, Portra 160, shot at f8.0 aperture priority.

Guess the car!
Sparkly!
Don't know the car though
Alfa?

---------- Post added 04-20-2015 at 03:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote



It struck me when I looked through the viewfinder that without anything to add scale the shot could appear to be normal trees with very thin DoF. The white line through the middle spoils it a bit, it must be some kind of wire, at first I though it was due to bad development but it's not.

I might go back with my 645 and extension tubes (and a tripod) and get some higher quality photos.

I went for the same thing here but the wires supporting some of the branches are visible.

It is actually very well done.
I did a few double takes when I first looked at it.
I knew that to get that bokeh with the M50/1.7, you'd need to basically be at minimum focus distance, so the trees couldn't be full size trees
04-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #11078
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,271
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
In fact it is Madrid. Madrid has four skyscrapers in the north, built just a few years ago. They're very modern in design and I think they look very nice, but I've never photographed them before. I've been up to the British consulate which is on one of the higher floors of one of them - the view is spectacular but they don't allow any kind of electronic or photographic items through security.





It struck me when I looked through the viewfinder that without anything to add scale the shot could appear to be normal trees with very thin DoF. The white line through the middle spoils it a bit, it must be some kind of wire, at first I though it was due to bad development but it's not.

I might go back with my 645 and extension tubes (and a tripod) and get some higher quality photos.

I went for the same thing here but the wires supporting some of the branches are visible.


Fuji 400H Pentax ME Super
by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr

And here's a Bonsai with a more normal perspective.


Fuji 400H Pentax ME Super
by Jonathan_in_Madrid, on Flickr
It looked so much like NYC... And then I thought, another miss with someone from the Forum! I love the trees, and the effect is wonderful, makes them like a forest.

04-20-2015, 06:35 PM - 1 Like   #11079
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,994


Minolta PROD-20'S
Lomography Color 400
Epson V500
04-21-2015, 01:02 AM   #11080
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,344
QuoteOriginally posted by bibz Quote
Same here! Great shot Jonathan and great eye Colton.
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
It is actually very well done.
I did a few double takes when I first looked at it.
I knew that to get that bokeh with the M50/1.7, you'd need to basically be at minimum focus distance, so the trees couldn't be full size trees
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
It looked so much like NYC... And then I thought, another miss with someone from the Forum! I love the trees, and the effect is wonderful, makes them like a forest.
Thanks everyone.

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote


Minolta PROD-20'S
Lomography Color 400
Epson V500
How are you finding the Lomography 400? It looks very saturated. I think the Lomo 400 is an old Kodak film.
04-21-2015, 03:24 AM   #11081
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,271
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote


Minolta PROD-20'S
Lomography Color 400
Epson V500
Nice alternate kind of spring photo. Love this!
04-21-2015, 08:00 AM   #11082
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,994
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
How are you finding the Lomography 400? It looks very saturated. I think the Lomo 400 is an old Kodak film.
It seems like decent film. It does remind a bit of Kodak film. I've researched the edge markings and the only thing I've come up with is Kodak 400.
It is pretty saturated, definitely more so than Superia 400.
That could just be the way I'm scanning and processing though.

---------- Post added 04-21-2015 at 08:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Nice alternate kind of spring photo. Love this!
Thanks friend.
04-21-2015, 12:04 PM   #11083
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Sparkly!
Don't know the car though
Alfa?[COLOR="Silver"]
Glad you like the pic, unfortunately the car is a little esoteric for the American audience, perhaps this one is easier to guess:



04-21-2015, 09:56 PM   #11084
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,344
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
It seems like decent film. It does remind a bit of Kodak film. I've researched the edge markings and the only thing I've come up with is Kodak 400.
It is pretty saturated, definitely more so than Superia 400.
That could just be the way I'm scanning and processing though.

---------- Post added 04-21-2015 at 08:00 AM ----------



Thanks friend.
It's Kodacolor VR 400 Plus, though I've never heard of that and I don't think that Kodak sell it as a Kodak product any more.

Lomography Rebranded Film Guide - Geek Josh
04-22-2015, 05:05 AM   #11085
Pentaxian
aurele's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Paris, France
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,967
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
It's Kodacolor VR 400 Plus, though I've never heard of that and I don't think that Kodak sell it as a Kodak product any more.
the Kodacolor VR serie is the first color film with T-grain. The next serie was the Kodacolor VR G wich was rename in the kodak gold serie we all know.

I've scanned a serie of family picture with it, it's decent, not too grainy when exposed even for 400 iso film. Color rendition is good, the blue are really saturated.

I can really say that since, Kodak really step up the fim grain quality with the portra though.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:29 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top