Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2015, 08:35 PM - 3 Likes   #11161
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,095
Still not sure if I like this film or not (BW400CN), but I guess it won't matter much in a while since it's been discontinued.










05-10-2015, 12:23 AM - 2 Likes   #11162
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 402
Ran a roll of Ektar 100 (expired 02/2012) through my Mamiya C33 this past week.





05-10-2015, 04:54 AM - 2 Likes   #11163
Veteran Member
wuzet's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rzeszow / Maidstone
Posts: 447
MZ-S, FA 31 Ltd., Fuji Provia 100F
05-10-2015, 10:45 AM - 1 Like   #11164
Pentaxian
cooltouch's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 575
QuoteOriginally posted by skierd Quote
Roughly 140 degrees but that's a WAG. It was done handheld plus the Mosquitos were attacking like it was the Battle of Britain and I'm a German so I didn't pay that much attention to it.
I'd say 140 degrees is actually a reasonably good guess. Seems about right. I see you're in Alaska. I've heard about those Alaskan mosquitoes. If they're anything like the ones I ran into at Crater Lake (Oregon) one June day, I can understand what it was like.

Cuthbert, it's nice to see some pics from your new T90. According the the Canon Museum, this lens has a 12th element that is a molded aspherical design, included to reduce weight and to "achieve high performance." I think I still prefer the earlier constant-aperture design. If you have both it would be interesting to see comparison shots.

I have a line on an LX. I'll let you know later if I was able to pick it up.


Last edited by cooltouch; 05-10-2015 at 10:55 AM.
05-10-2015, 02:07 PM   #11165
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
QuoteOriginally posted by skierd Quote
Still not sure if I like this film or not (BW400CN), but I guess it won't matter much in a while since it's been discontinued.








I do, it used to be my favourite film and even in your pics it's brilliant.

---------- Post added 05-10-15 at 02:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
I'd say 140 degrees is actually a reasonably good guess. Seems about right. I see you're in Alaska. I've heard about those Alaskan mosquitoes. If they're anything like the ones I ran into at Crater Lake (Oregon) one June day, I can understand what it was like.

Cuthbert, it's nice to see some pics from your new T90. According the the Canon Museum, this lens has a 12th element that is a molded aspherical design, included to reduce weight and to "achieve high performance." I think I still prefer the earlier constant-aperture design. If you have both it would be interesting to see comparison shots.

I have a line on an LX. I'll let you know later if I was able to pick it up.
Good luck with the LX!

I'm writing on the train back home after eight hours of walking in London with the Tank and the 35-105 Lite, I don't dispute the old model is better but like the soviet Granit I use on the Nikon
I don't think I could have walked ten miles with it, the T90 is already a heavy camera ( unlike the LX)...shot a roll of Provia (never tried this film before, I'm curious) and two of Superia, I'm curious to see how the lens performed because as you can see some of my previous pics were not that sharp but perhaps it's my fault.
05-10-2015, 02:27 PM - 2 Likes   #11166
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 114






Canon Eos 300
Fuji Superia 200
(bw in photoshop, I don't edit my film photos normally but I didn't have bw film when I shot these and I like the bw versions more)
05-13-2015, 03:39 AM - 1 Like   #11167
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire/Hampshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,749


Agfa Precisa 100
Z-1P
FA50/1.7
1/2000th @ f/1.7
Canon FS4000 scan




Agfa Precisa 100
Z-1P
FA50/1.7
1/2000th @ f/1.7
Canon FS4000 scan
05-13-2015, 04:01 AM   #11168
Veteran Member
manntax's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,972
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
As promised to Les Mess here there are few shots from the test film I've taken with the new toy: the Canon Tank 90 and the nimble FD 35-105 f3.5/4.5 (not the constant one two touches, the one touch one that was developed for the T series).
Great review and nice shots there - pretty sharp as for a budget zoom !

QuoteOriginally posted by rob1234 Quote

Agfa Precisa 100
Z-1P
FA50/1.7
1/2000th @ f/1.7
Canon FS4000 scan

Agfa Precisa 100
Z-1P
FA50/1.7
1/2000th @ f/1.7
Canon FS4000 scan
Excellent results with that Z1p and the film looks very capable too ! I checked your huge full res images and the resolution there is impressive as for wide open. Looks like that FA 1.7 is as sharp as F50 1.7 I had. Good stuff....

05-14-2015, 12:01 AM - 2 Likes   #11169
Pentaxian
hoopsontoast's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 828
First go with a Plustek 8100 Scanner, previously had them scanned by the Film Lab.

All these with MZ-S, FA43 and some free Kodak Gold 200. I like the film colour wise, but its not at all sharp like Velvia or Provia.

Pretty much as scanned, then in Lightroom with a little 'Auto' PP and little Clarity added.

















05-14-2015, 12:38 AM   #11170
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wiltshire/Hampshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,749
These two (3 & 5) are particularly good!

QuoteOriginally posted by hoopsontoast Quote
First go with a Plustek 8100 Scanner, previously had them scanned by the Film Lab.

All these with MZ-S, FA43 and some free Kodak Gold 200. I like the film colour wise, but its not at all sharp like Velvia or Provia.

Pretty much as scanned, then in Lightroom with a little 'Auto' PP and little Clarity added.







05-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #11171
Pentaxian
cooltouch's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 575
Some nice shots, hoops! And it appears your Plustek did an outstanding job at scanning in your images. Your LR touch-ups were gentle, it appears, so the images look quite natural. If I had to pick favorites, I'd have to say numbers 2, 3, and 5 I like the most.

If I'm following that tractor's plumbing right, it looks like you have an intercooled turbo diesel in that rig. Cool.
05-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #11172
Site Supporter
mattt's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Niagara
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,807
That Kodak Gold 200 looks great - better than anything I've ever been able to get out of it. Are you scanning it yourself?

A bit of Kodak Ektar 100 - ME Super + SMC Pentax 24mm f2.8

05-15-2015, 12:40 AM   #11173
Pentaxian
hoopsontoast's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 828
QuoteOriginally posted by rob1234 Quote
These two (3 & 5) are particularly good!
Thank You.

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
Some nice shots, hoops! And it appears your Plustek did an outstanding job at scanning in your images. Your LR touch-ups were gentle, it appears, so the images look quite natural. If I had to pick favorites, I'd have to say numbers 2, 3, and 5 I like the most.

If I'm following that tractor's plumbing right, it looks like you have an intercooled turbo diesel in that rig. Cool.
Thanks, I've no idea, just looked interesting on our walk.

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
That Kodak Gold 200 looks great - better than anything I've ever been able to get out of it. Are you scanning it yourself?

A bit of Kodak Ektar 100 - ME Super + SMC Pentax 24mm f2.8

Yes, scanning myself with the Plustek 8100.
05-15-2015, 02:24 AM   #11174
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,344
QuoteOriginally posted by hoopsontoast Quote
First go with a Plustek 8100 Scanner, previously had them scanned by the Film Lab.

All these with MZ-S, FA43 and some free Kodak Gold 200. I like the film colour wise, but its not at all sharp like Velvia or Provia.

Pretty much as scanned, then in Lightroom with a little 'Auto' PP and little Clarity added.

















Very nice results indeed.
05-16-2015, 08:34 AM   #11175
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,994


Toyocaflex TLR Type Ib
Tri-Lausar Anastigmat 8cm/3.5
Expired Fujicolor Reala 100 @iso 25
Epson V500
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:47 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top