Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 43141 Likes Search this Thread
08-03-2009, 10:11 PM   #1156
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
I just purchased this lens from a forum member
First time I am shooting with a fisheye...

Kodak Elitechrome 200.
For my first roll of Elitechrome 200 I have to say that I prefer the 100.

Cheers,

Luc.
Luc, What a great photo!....Man I keep talking myself out of getting a fish eye and then these great images pop up...Sigh

08-04-2009, 12:44 AM   #1157
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
This shot made me wish I'm there! I checked out the digital version but I think the film one is a better photograph, although I'd say it's more due to the composition more than anything else.

From my (dearly missed) 645N and 75mm/2.8, fuji Provia 100
I take that as a compliment...and I agree, the film version got better colors also I believe. But that may be because I could use a polarizer on the K 28mm, while there is no way to fit one on the DA10-17 fisheye lens I used for the digital sky/birch shots.

What happened to your 645? I've been drolling over one since it was first released in the 80's (wanting the bigger format and liking that the operation is so similar to my Super-A), but never got there. A 67 would be nice also, but not so easy to handle outside the studio (though there are some counter-evidence in this thread). Should be harder to get such a shot as your nice jazz-band shot with a heavy 67 than with the 645(?).
08-04-2009, 12:47 AM   #1158
Veteran Member

Yep, I meant that as a compliment My 645 has been sent to Gooshin so sooner or later he'd be the one posting from his 645 I'll buy it back one day, but a laptop takes priority now.
08-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #1159
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Same KX, 28mm and film.
Let's see if you can guess what the warning text in Swedish means...

08-04-2009, 12:57 AM   #1160
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, I meant that as a compliment My 645 has been sent to Gooshin so sooner or later he'd be the one posting from his 645 I'll buy it back one day, but a laptop takes priority now.
So he got a 645 now, lucky guy...I recon one should buy old 645 lenses now because if the digital 645 finally comes next year, the used lens prices will jump up.

I've ordered some 120 film to try in a Rolleiflex I just got as a gift from my father in law (his first camera). Not a 645, but a lovely camera anyway. Besides this, I haven't shot medium format since I last time used my foldable Zeiss icon some 10 years ago, and before that a lot of Hasselblad 6x6 in my military service some 20 years ago. Will have to do with the Rolly for now (and the Zeiss if I can figure out where I put it). But it may very well increase my LBA (BBA?) for a 645.
08-04-2009, 01:16 AM   #1161
Veteran Member

Hmm, I don't think 645 lens prices will jump by that much since the market for 645D is limited, and if you're buying them to use you'll probably end up keeping them even if the prices increase. Just my 2c

Does the sign say "no crossing"? Another nice shot...
08-04-2009, 01:36 AM   #1162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmm, I don't think 645 lens prices will jump by that much since the market for 645D is limited, and if you're buying them to use you'll probably end up keeping them even if the prices increase. Just my 2c

Does the sign say "no crossing"? Another nice shot...
Well, jump is maybe too much to say. I didn't meant it as an alternative to stock market. But Pentax will have only 1-2 digital 645 lenses to begin with so people will have to do with the old lenses (which should be just fine). Even if they sell a small number of digital 645's it may change the view on 645 lenses on the ebay and elsewhere from being part of a dead system that is not (yet) collectible, into something with a future.

The sign says something like "life threatening wire" in a direct translation, meaning something like "warning, high voltage". All railways here are electrified.

08-04-2009, 01:39 AM   #1163
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Same KX, 28mm and film. Brahe house castle ruin seen from the lake Vättern side. Got tempted to used the gradual filter in lightroom. Would have been better if I had braught a real gradual filter for the film camera.
08-04-2009, 07:55 AM   #1164
Veteran Member

Luc, I'm +1 with Javier on that... nice B&W conversion, great tone, and a K 17!!! (I lead a sheltered life, I have concluded)

Ricoh FF-3af point'n'shoot, Memories 200 film (which I understand is rebadged DNP/Konica Centuria 200.
08-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #1165
Inactive Account

Back with some more

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've been on the forums, but it's nice to come back to this thread and see some great work from the likes of Luc, Douglas and Javier (and the rest of you).

Picked up a Bronica ETRS last month to enter the world of MF, (changeable backs! fast-syncing leaf shutters!) but until I get my first 120 roll developed, here's a couple of 35mm portraits from the summer.

FA 77mm ltd, Provia 100.

M 50mm 1.7, Tri-X 400 home developed.

Have some 135 Pan F 50 I need to scan this evening, I'm really looking forward to it as it was a hardship to get through a whole roll of ISO 50 film.
08-04-2009, 09:09 AM   #1166
Veteran Member

Thanks guys...
The Fisheye is a lot of fun. And of course the K build quality is
The only think that thrown me off right away was to put the horizon dead in the middle in order to keep it somewhat straight. I still went for some shot with a nice curvy line.

I have been buying too much equipment lately, but I have been seriously thinking of purchasing Andy 645N on sale in the forum. Thanks fully it looks like it has gone in very good hands.
>My 645 has been sent to Gooshin so sooner or later he'd be the one posting from his 645
I think that would have been the purchase that would have tip my better half to break not the camel's back but mine

Cheers,

Luc
08-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #1167
Veteran Member

More Sunshine Coast

I have been slowly scanning and selecting my shots from our trip on the Sunshine Coast. I just realize that 7 rolls are a lot of pictures.

At the far North are the famous Narrows. Narrow gullet where the sea enter and exit to the inlets. Needless to say that when the tide changes it is a spectacle. Of course we arrived too late

Trail Marker

Fresh Growth - not quite a Red Cedar yet...

Salad Bars are everywhere

Of course my dog is tagging along

Even a tug boat can be struggling

B&W - TMax 400
Color - Ektar 100
Pentax LX with FA Ltd

Cheers,

Luc
08-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #1168
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hey Luc, is that old truck an International by chance? My father had one of those when i was in high school, a 1950 Model, it was 25 years old then, and still solid as a rock
08-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #1169
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
hey Luc, is that old truck an International by chance? My father had one of those when i was in high school, a 1950 Model, it was 25 years old then, and still solid as a rock
You are right it is ....
Hope you Mum did convert it into a winter garden

Cheers,

Luc
08-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #1170
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
I owned one of those in 1978-79. It was solid as a rock and about as fast. Still though, it was a useful second car that we could take out in the snow or up to the mountains without worrying too much about ruining it.

Steve