Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2015, 07:16 AM   #11701
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,510
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
The Tak IMO is a slightly warm lens because of the thorium rear element
LOLOL in more ways than one!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
but their minilab ALWAYS cuts me part of the frames because it's not optimised for 24x36mm
That's not good. if you're going to offer a film scanning service as part of development and printing, you need not to be clipping all the images. The occasional miss? Maybe. But every shot? Unacceptable.

08-14-2015, 08:01 AM   #11702
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
LOLOL in more ways than one!!!
Well not so bad as the Canon FD 35 mm f2. faboulus lens, but VERY yellow. It looks like a superwarming filter, here there are few comparison between the 35 mm and the 50mm f1.4 SSC with a 81A warming filter:









The yellow cast can be pleasant:



But in most of the cases it's intrusive.
08-14-2015, 09:04 AM   #11703
Pentaxian
g026r's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,348
I've got a similar yellow cast issue with my Tak/6x7 105/2.4. I tend to keep it for B&W work, for that reason. (And instead use my 90/2.8 LS when I need a normal lens on colour.) This was on Porta 800:

08-14-2015, 12:27 PM - 3 Likes   #11704
Site Supporter
chickentender's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,987
Pentax LX with 67 90mm 2.8 adapted on RVP100.


08-14-2015, 02:04 PM - 3 Likes   #11705
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Westminster, CA
Posts: 6
First Post

Hi, I've been a long time lurker, but haven't posted until now. My first several SLRs were Pentaxs...P3N and ME Super. Switched to Canon EOS for AF back in the day and have been shooting Canon DLRS and M4/3 for a while now. But recently got nostalgic when my father-in-law picked up a Minolta SRT-SCII and 50mm F1.7 MD lens for $2 at a garage sale. Then a buddy at work gave me a bag of old expired color and B&W C-41 35mm and 120 film.

My Daughter - Pentax MX K50mm F1.4, maybe 1/500 F4, Kodak BWCN400


My Wife and Daughter - Pentax SV Super Takumar 55mm F1.8, 1/60 F1.8, Fuji Superia Xtra 400


Daughter licking a pillow - Pentax SV Super Takumar 55mm F1.8, Fuji Superia Xtra 400


Shoreline Village - Long Beach, CA, Yashica Electro 35, (No idea, stepless auto shutter speed) F5.6? Kodak Portra 160


Long Beach - (Stepless auto shutterspeed) F1.7 Kodak Portra 160


Wife jumping on the pier, bike riding in Long Beach, Yashica Electro 35, Probably 1/500 F8, Kodak Portra 160
08-14-2015, 02:36 PM   #11706
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
QuoteOriginally posted by vbanh Quote
Hi, I've been a long time lurker, but haven't posted until now. My first several SLRs were Pentaxs...P3N and ME Super. Switched to Canon EOS for AF back in the day and have been shooting Canon DLRS and M4/3 for a while now. But recently got nostalgic when my father-in-law picked up a Minolta SRT-SCII and 50mm F1.7 MD lens for $2 at a garage sale. Then a buddy at work gave me a bag of old expired color and B&W C-41 35mm and 120 film.

My Daughter - Pentax MX K50mm F1.4, maybe 1/500 F4, Kodak BWCN400


My Wife and Daughter - Pentax SV Super Takumar 55mm F1.8, 1/60 F1.8, Fuji Superia Xtra 400


Daughter licking a pillow - Pentax SV Super Takumar 55mm F1.8, Fuji Superia Xtra 400


Shoreline Village - Long Beach, CA, Yashica Electro 35, (No idea, stepless auto shutter speed) F5.6? Kodak Portra 160


Long Beach - (Stepless auto shutterspeed) F1.7 Kodak Portra 160


Wife jumping on the pier, bike riding in Long Beach, Yashica Electro 35, Probably 1/500 F8, Kodak Portra 160
Very nice pics and welcome to this madmen's cage.
08-14-2015, 02:43 PM   #11707
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Westminster, CA
Posts: 6
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Very nice pics and welcome to this madmen's cage.
Thanks Cuthbert, I've just gotten over a maddening case of G.A.S. Now I need to sort out what I want to keep and send the rest back to eBay
08-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #11708
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
QuoteOriginally posted by vbanh Quote
Thanks Cuthbert, I've just gotten over a maddening case of G.A.S. Now I need to sort out what I want to keep and send the rest back to eBay
Ebay is a mortal trap: you see so much good gear that you spend almost everyday checking it and you always buy something, cameras, lenses, hoods, little cute accessories...

08-14-2015, 06:39 PM - 1 Like   #11709
Pentaxian
g026r's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,348
Got a whole pile of film back from the lab. Slowly going through it and seeing what turned out and what didn't.



Pentax 6x7.
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar/6x7 200mm f4.
Lomography Color Negative 800.

My usual complaint about Lomo's 120 colour stock remains: there's so much dirt on the negative that when looking at the scans full sized at times it looks like someone's taken a pepper shaker to it. This was my last roll of it and though I had hoped it would be a good cheap colour alternative, I think I'll be sticking to Porta 800 for my 120 high speed colour.
08-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #11710
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,196
QuoteOriginally posted by vbanh Quote
Hi, I've been a long time lurker, but haven't posted until now. My first several SLRs were Pentaxs...P3N and ME Super. Switched to Canon EOS for AF back in the day and have been shooting Canon DLRS and M4/3 for a while now. But recently got nostalgic when my father-in-law picked up a Minolta SRT-SCII and 50mm F1.7 MD lens for $2 at a garage sale. Then a buddy at work gave me a bag of old expired color and B&W C-41 35mm and 120 film.

My Daughter - Pentax MX K50mm F1.4, maybe 1/500 F4, Kodak BWCN400


My Wife and Daughter - Pentax SV Super Takumar 55mm F1.8, 1/60 F1.8, Fuji Superia Xtra 400


Daughter licking a pillow - Pentax SV Super Takumar 55mm F1.8, Fuji Superia Xtra 400


Shoreline Village - Long Beach, CA, Yashica Electro 35, (No idea, stepless auto shutter speed) F5.6? Kodak Portra 160


Long Beach - (Stepless auto shutterspeed) F1.7 Kodak Portra 160


Wife jumping on the pier, bike riding in Long Beach, Yashica Electro 35, Probably 1/500 F8, Kodak Portra 160
Welcome and nice shots!

Phil.

---------- Post added 08-14-15 at 07:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
Got a whole pile of film back from the lab. Slowly going through it and seeing what turned out and what didn't.



Pentax 6x7.
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar/6x7 200mm f4.
Lomography Color Negative 800.

My usual complaint about Lomo's 120 colour stock remains: there's so much dirt on the negative that when looking at the scans full sized at times it looks like someone's taken a pepper shaker to it. This was my last roll of it and though I had hoped it would be a good cheap colour alternative, I think I'll be sticking to Porta 800 for my 120 high speed colour.
The shot looks good never the less.

Phil.
08-14-2015, 07:34 PM   #11711
Pentaxian
g026r's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,348
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
The shot looks good never the less.
This is the first roll of it that I've gotten back where I've loved the colours. Despite being high-speed, it actually seems to have turned best during the middle of a bright cloudless day.
08-14-2015, 08:19 PM - 1 Like   #11712
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,921


Zenza Bronica ETRSi
Zenzanon EII 75/2.8
Kodak Ektar 100
Epson V500
08-14-2015, 10:17 PM - 1 Like   #11713
Pentaxian
g026r's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,348
A few more:







Canon AE-1.
FD 70-210 f4.
CineStill 800T.
(A grainy film at the best of times; these were exposed somewhere around EI1000-1250.)

Sadly most of the shots I took on this roll didn't turn out. A decent amount were ruined by camera shake, and most of the rest were spoiled by a gentleman in front of me with a baseball cap tipped upwards who had the unerring ability to turn his head so the brim shot into frame just as I clicked the shutter.

Last edited by g026r; 08-14-2015 at 10:42 PM.
08-15-2015, 01:15 AM   #11714
Site Supporter
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,289
QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
A few more:
That second one is a keeper. Marvelous lighting.
08-15-2015, 02:34 AM - 1 Like   #11715
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
Few bokeh games with a Canon FTb and a FD 50mm 1.4 SSC:













Even if a lot of people consider the Canon 50/1.4 "the" standard lens for me it's a little "plain", I prefer the OOF behaviour of Pentax, Soviet and Nikon glass.

Flying teddy bear:



Steering wheel of an AC Ace:

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top