Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 43116 Likes Search this Thread
10-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #12076
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I took this photo earlier today, ad it's nearly my favorite photo I've ever taken.
My friend John owns a small car dealership along with his wife and twin brother. Th dealership office is a very small, basically 3 room building. John and his brother Bob have the end offices, ad John's wife has the middle room, which serves as the entrance/reception area. The front door is right in the center of the room, and then the doorways to the endrooms are directly right and left from there.
Awhile ago, I noticed that if you're in just the right spot, right in the front doorway, you can just see both John and Bob working at their desks. I had the idea to try and get a photo of all three in a single image.
Today I was down there and had the Widelux with (with one frame left in the camera) and so I decided to try the photo.

I shot this without using a viewfinder (or a meter), handheld at 1/15s and f/11. This is basically the entire frame, no cropping or rotating.

Widelux F7
Mitsubishi MX III 200
Epson V750-M Pro
Yes well done, also like the sunlight coming through the back door!

Phil.

10-09-2015, 04:28 AM   #12077
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice Colton. Symmetry and asymmetry. I like the dog, too. Those two chairs really reinforce the symmetry, and are like two more characters in the image, and hen there are all the subtleties and differences. Just great. Bravo for the handheld capture! You know what you are doing. I guess the photo on the wall is of John and Bob, too.
10-09-2015, 06:08 AM   #12078
Pentaxian

spotmatic sp, jupiter-9 85/f2 (likely at ~f8), superia 400

10-09-2015, 07:33 AM   #12079
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dsmithhfx Quote
spotmatic sp, jupiter-9 85/f2 (likely at ~f8), superia 400
That looks like an old one, where was it taken?

Phil.

10-09-2015, 08:24 AM   #12080
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
That looks like an old one, where was it taken?

Phil.
Yonge & Bloor
10-09-2015, 10:07 AM   #12081
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
Worthy of being in the running for favorite. You even got the dog! Fantastic shot, man.
Thanks Kevin.

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
That came out very well. Is the Widelux like the Horizon?
Yes, both the Horizon and the Widelux are swing lens panoramic cameras. They very similar but very different, if that makes sense.

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Yes well done, also like the sunlight coming through the back door!

Thanks Phil.

Phil.
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Very nice Colton. Symmetry and asymmetry. I like the dog, too. Those two chairs really reinforce the symmetry, and are like two more characters in the image, and hen there are all the subtleties and differences. Just great. Bravo for the handheld capture! You know what you are doing. I guess the photo on the wall is of John and Bob, too.
Thank you David.
I think the photo on the wall is actually Neal Cassady and someone else.
10-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #12082
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
I never shimmed any of my SU lenses and they all work fine with all my cameras...am I lucky?
Perhaps! The matter has been tossed around the rangefinder forum at length for a number of years and there are multiple articles on the Web regarding such by many reputable people. Here is the summary:
  • The issue is with FSU LTM lenses on non-FSU bodies. FSU lenses on FSU bodies work fine.
  • The full explanation is quite long and is related to the Zeiss vs. Leica standards
  • Apparently the coupling cam on the lens extends at a different rate on the FSU lenses. The result is backfocus at moderate to close distance when these lenses are mounted to German or Japanese LTM or M-mount cameras.
  • The problem is more severe with normal and longer lenses
  • Whether this is true for all FSU LTM lenses is not clear, particularly in regards to those originally sold with the Drug camera
  • The standard solution (pioneered by Brian Sweeney) is to shim the mechanism for the lens rangefinder cam. The details are published various places on the Web.
The difference is readily apparent when comparing the distance scales for the same lens and subject on different cameras. The gold standard (of course) is actual images on film or ground-glass at the film gate. I have a junk SLR body and am planning on scavenging the split-image focus screen from that camera to test my FSU lenses on my Canon P.

Steve

10-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #12083
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I took this photo earlier today, ad it's nearly my favorite photo I've ever taken.
My friend John owns a small car dealership along with his wife and twin brother. Th dealership office is a very small, basically 3 room building. John and his brother Bob have the end offices, ad John's wife has the middle room, which serves as the entrance/reception area. The front door is right in the center of the room, and then the doorways to the endrooms are directly right and left from there.
Awhile ago, I noticed that if you're in just the right spot, right in the front doorway, you can just see both John and Bob working at their desks. I had the idea to try and get a photo of all three in a single image.
Today I was down there and had the Widelux with (with one frame left in the camera) and so I decided to try the photo.

I shot this without using a viewfinder (or a meter), handheld at 1/15s and f/11. This is basically the entire frame, no cropping or rotating.

Widelux F7
Mitsubishi MX III 200
Epson V750-M Pro
What fun! You are having such a good time with the Widelux

Steve
10-10-2015, 04:50 AM   #12084
Pentaxian

stylus epic 35/2.8

10-10-2015, 09:13 AM - 3 Likes   #12085
Veteran Member

Both MZ-S, Voigtlander 58mm f1.4 Nokton and Fujifilm RVP50

10-10-2015, 09:15 AM - 1 Like   #12086
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hoopsontoast Quote
Both MZ-S, Voigtlander 58mm f1.4 Nokton and Fujifilm RVP50
First one has this magical 3d pop we all strive for .. well done
10-10-2015, 10:54 AM - 4 Likes   #12087
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rhmimac Quote
This is becoming a great story. Keep them coming. The modern hi tech camping stuff looks a bit daft if you see what people used in those days and where also able to stay dry and warm. The blue tone is magic.
Here's another couple from the same coast trip of my dad and his buddy Al. Some scenic shots. (Again on his Nikkormat Minolta on Ektachrome.)

---------- Post added 10-10-15 at 11:13 AM ----------

A few more...

Last edited by Eyewanders; 10-11-2015 at 04:12 PM. Reason: wrong camera cited
10-10-2015, 11:45 AM - 1 Like   #12088
Veteran Member

I was going through my archives and I found this one that I never really did much with.
Kashwitna Lake, Alaska. September 2011

Pentax 67
SMC Pentax 6X7 45/4
Kodak Portra 400VC
10-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #12089
Veteran Member

I was going through my archives and I found this one that I never really did much with.

Pentax 67
SMC Pentax 6X7 45/4
Kodak Portra 400VC
Ooooh - I love that one.
10-10-2015, 01:29 PM   #12090
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Pentax 67
SMC Pentax 6X7 45/4
Kodak Portra 400VC
Great composition as usual.