Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #1201
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
On Tmax 400

It is not sunny and hot anymore here so I am scanning...

Hope nobody's mind me posting 5 images on the same post?

Cheers,

Luc
Very nice.

08-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #1202
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CSoars Quote
They are indeed. The frames are beautiful, but the build kit is pretty pedestrian, mostly shimano nexus and off-brand bits.

We'll see how they sell next to the Pashley's and Batavus'.
You guys are bike savvy DO you have another addiction on top of LBA - BBA?

CSoars:
How do you like so far the move to MF - the first shots you posted were nice and clear. Are you still shooting 35mm with MX and K35mm/F2?

Cheers,

Luc
08-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #1203
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TWoK Quote
Very nice.
Thank you.
Meant to tell you that you whole serie of high saturation street shots (in Japan?) were very cool.

Cheers,

Luc
08-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #1204
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bike racks at the local GO station.

Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4 (if my memory is any good) on a KX with Kodak Gold 200. This is from my first set of scans on an Epson V500 pecause I'm tired of badly cropped lab scans.

08-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #1205
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CSoars Quote
They are indeed. The frames are beautiful...
I had almost forgotten how nice a lugged and brazed frame looks. Thanks for sharing!

Steve
08-09-2009, 02:42 AM   #1206
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Same KX with the SMC Pentax 28mm f3.5. Dropped the KX on the rock out on that island. It got some new dents and more brass shining through the black and strangely enough it double exposed half a frame after that accident. Lens was undammaged, which was my greatest vorry. Camera still works.

The shots are from the island Tjörn in Bohuslän on the Swedish west coast. Last picture shows the traditional style of houses in the small villages there, where the population were living on fishing, but now largely lives on tourists and many houses have turned into summer-houses.

Lots of good BW work in this thread lately!
08-09-2009, 03:59 AM   #1207
Inactive Account

TWoK, lbenak, Douglas... you posted some beautiful shots, guys!

i just came back from Croatia, where i shot at a pace of 2-4 films / day so with your permission, i'll post several images.

ME Super, M 50 / 1.4, Kodak Gold 200:

Last edited by MeFirstO; 08-09-2009 at 04:00 AM. Reason: typo
08-09-2009, 04:50 AM   #1208
Forum Member

I'm looking forward to them.
08-09-2009, 08:07 AM   #1209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MeFirstO Quote

i just came back from Croatia, where i shot at a pace of 2-4 films / day so with your permission, i'll post several images.

That is a pretty good start

Cheers,

Luc
08-09-2009, 08:11 AM   #1210
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Same KX with the SMC Pentax 28mm f3.5.

The shots are from the island Tjörn in Bohuslän on the Swedish west coast. Last picture shows the traditional style of houses in the small villages there, where the population were living on fishing, but now largely lives on tourists and many houses have turned into summer-houses.
Here in Canada, there was a series on TV about a Swedish detective called Kurt Wallander with Kenneth Branagh. Some of the scenery could have been part of your photo shoot.
Excellent series BTW.

Cheers,

Luc
08-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #1211
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MeFirstO Quote

Great photo! I just got through reading a couple of rude/angry threads and your image is fresh air for the eyes. Thanks!

Steve
08-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #1212
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Here in Canada, there was a series on TV about a Swedish detective called Kurt Wallander with Kenneth Branagh. Some of the scenery could have been part of your photo shoot.
Excellent series BTW.

Cheers,

Luc
Thanks Luc!

Kurt Wallander in the novels by Henning Mankel lives and works in the city of Ystad in the state of Skåne at the southmost coast of Sweden. Tjörn island is located much further north on the west coast in the state of Bohuslän.

The landscape of Bohuslän is characterised by the smoth bare rocks that was left when the last ice age withdraw. As the land is still rising from the sea, new sea bottom becomes land every year. The Skåne landscape is much more fertile.

Three actors have made the charactere of Kurt Wallander on film/TV-series:

Rolf Lassgård
Krister Henningsson
Kenneth Brannagh

Lassgård is the by far superior actor of these three who makes a much richer charactere with all the inner struggles and fights that Wallander has to face besides murderers and such.

In the foot steps of Kurt Wallander

Ystad city

Kurt Wallander on Wikipedia

For all I know thay may have recorded the English version of Wallander with Brannagan somewhere entirely different, far away from Ystad, even in Bohuslän, England, Canada or wherever. Try to get a chance to see a Wallander film with Rolf Lassgård, you wont regret it. It takes a Swede to play a Swedish police with hangover.
08-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #1213
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Great photo! I just got through reading a couple of rude/angry threads and your image is fresh air for the eyes. Thanks!

Steve
I see you ventured into the Digital forums ...That is why I try and avoid them.
08-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #1214
Inactive Account

QuoteQuote:
CSoars:
How do you like so far the move to MF - the first shots you posted were nice and clear. Are you still shooting 35mm with MX and K35mm/F2?

Cheers,

Luc
Well I'm shooting with a waist-level finder and no meter, so it's taking some getting used to, especially the reversed image on the screen. But you're right, the clarity and tonality of the shots is incredible, I can tell the difference even at smaller print/resolution sizes. But to really appreciate it, you've got to see it big, at least full screen. A lowly 1200 DPI scan is still velvety smooth.

Although I do attribute that to using ISO 125 film that I processed well. I'm curious to see how the faster stuff turns out in terms of grain and tonality.

I sold the K 35mm f/2, great lens but pretty big and ungainly on the MX without the winder. I tried to split the difference by pairing my M 50mm with a M 28mm, but I'm switching lenses too much; 35mm is my ideal walkaround lens. See my Pan F 50 post a page or so back for some 35mm work.
08-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #1215
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Malibu beach, home of many rich and famous.
Pentax ME-F, Tokina 17mm, Fuji xtra 400.