Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2015, 02:27 PM - 1 Like   #12166
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,808
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Yes I know but as said before the website had problems with these files.
You can't resize and then upload a smaller file?

10-19-2015, 04:50 PM - 1 Like   #12167
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,167
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote

Contax G2
Carl Zeiss Planar T* 35/2
Kodak Ektar 100
Epson V750-M Pro
Nice! I love shadow geometry.
10-19-2015, 05:20 PM   #12168
Site Supporter
chickentender's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,870
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Do you also have these lines at the sides of the pic?
I'm not sure what you mean. I do see the black edge of the non-image portion of the film from the scan on the left side. Is that the black line you're asking about?
Pretty much all the image editors out there can crop and resize, and some can straighten the image for you as well.

---------- Post added 10-19-15 at 05:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Yes I know but as said before the website had problems with these files.
Sorry I missed that. What sort of problems? Like the upload would fail or whatnot?
10-19-2015, 08:26 PM - 1 Like   #12169
Pentaxian
45 Mike's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,311
I am fairly certain that I have correctly dated this photo to Jan. 9th 1998. Or within a few weeks of that date. One of the pictures on this roll clearly shows an Atlanta Falcons Playoff game on TV AT Atlanta. The film is Kodak Gold 400, so it had to have been after 1997, as that is the year before this film was made.
So, this is my quandary. Found film in an ebay camera, Pentax P3, (not the P3n, just P3)
IS THIS A PHOTO OF TOM BRADY ???





10-19-2015, 11:35 PM   #12170
Site Supporter
chickentender's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,870
QuoteOriginally posted by 45 Mike Quote
I am fairly certain that I have correctly dated this photo to Jan. 9th 1998. Or within a few weeks of that date. One of the pictures on this roll clearly shows an Atlanta Falcons Playoff game on TV AT Atlanta. The film is Kodak Gold 400, so it had to have been after 1997, as that is the year before this film was made.
So, this is my quandary. Found film in an ebay camera, Pentax P3, (not the P3n, just P3)
IS THIS A PHOTO OF TOM BRADY ???



Hahhhahaahaha. That's funny! But no - no dimple-chin, no Brady.
10-20-2015, 10:45 AM   #12171
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 947
Unlikely, as according to Wikipedia he'd be playing in the Rose Bowl of its 1998.
10-20-2015, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #12172
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 137
QuoteOriginally posted by 45 Mike Quote
I am fairly certain that I have correctly dated this photo to Jan. 9th 1998. Or within a few weeks of that date. One of the pictures on this roll clearly shows an Atlanta Falcons Playoff game on TV AT Atlanta. The film is Kodak Gold 400, so it had to have been after 1997, as that is the year before this film was made.
So, this is my quandary. Found film in an ebay camera, Pentax P3, (not the P3n, just P3)
IS THIS A PHOTO OF TOM BRADY ???
QuoteOriginally posted by skierd Quote
Unlikely, as according to Wikipedia he'd be playing in the Rose Bowl of its 1998.
Unlikely, as according to Wikipedia Spongebob Squarepants officially premiered on July 17, 1999. The picture was probably taken after that date. Looks like somebody didn't really use their camera that much and thus decided to sell it off 17 years later, without ever finishing that roll.
10-20-2015, 02:17 PM   #12173
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
I'm not sure what you mean. I do see the black edge of the non-image portion of the film from the scan on the left side. Is that the black line you're asking about?
Pretty much all the image editors out there can crop and resize, and some can straighten the image for you as well.

---------- Post added 10-19-15 at 05:21 PM ----------


Sorry I missed that. What sort of problems? Like the upload would fail or whatnot?

1) Yes but I usually like to try to use 100% of what is on the viewfinder, if you notice some of my pics are also slightly slanted, I try to keep the camera horizontal.
I would like to understand if these lines are normal "framing" of the back, they have sharp edges and look cool, but the film doesn't look like perfectly mounted.


2) Yes the upload...it doesn't work if I resize.

10-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #12174
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,808
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
1) Yes but I usually like to try to use 100% of what is on the viewfinder, if you notice some of my pics are also slightly slanted, I try to keep the camera horizontal.
I would like to understand if these lines are normal "framing" of the back, they have sharp edges and look cool, but the film doesn't look like perfectly mounted.


2) Yes the upload...it doesn't work if I resize.
The film edge being skewed is likely from the film being slightly skewed in the scanner. Do the images look skewed on the negative?

Resize, save as new file, the upload.
10-20-2015, 07:50 PM   #12175
Pentaxian
45 Mike's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,311
In response to the grill fotos, challenge accepted.



Pentax P3, Tamron 28-200mm, Kodak Gold, Unicolor process.
10-20-2015, 07:59 PM - 1 Like   #12176
Site Supporter
g026r's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,260
Grills, you say?




Kiev 4A
Helios 103
Ilford FP4 Plus

---------- Post added 2015-10-20 at 23:02 ----------

And got my first roll of Velvia back from the new lab.










Meopta Flexaret Va.
Fujichrome Velvia 100.

Last one could have used a slightly higher shutter speed. (Which wasn't happening, since I was close to wide-open.) Middle one with a closeup filter.

Last edited by g026r; 10-20-2015 at 08:11 PM.
10-20-2015, 08:04 PM - 1 Like   #12177
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,808
Half of a grill?




Rolleiflex 2.8C
Carl Zeiss Planar 80/2.8
Kodak Ektar 100
Epson V500
10-20-2015, 08:42 PM - 1 Like   #12178
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,216
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote

Contax G2
Carl Zeiss Planar T* 35/2
Kodak Ektar 100
Epson V750-M Pro
Zig...Zag...
tumble...
down...
the...
stairs
10-20-2015, 08:47 PM   #12179
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,216
QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
I think he just means the uploaded image size. If you keep the long edge to around 1024px for shots posted here, it'll ensure that everyone can have a good look at the entire image without any scrolling (e.g. image goes off-screen of smaller monitors).
What he said...

QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Yes I know but as said before the website had problems with these files.
Upload the pixel dimensions you want us to see and link to those. There is no need to upload larger than 1200 pixels in the long dimension for Web display.


Steve
10-20-2015, 09:22 PM - 1 Like   #12180
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: launceston
Posts: 1,078
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote


Rolleiflex 2.8C
Carl Zeiss Planar 80/2.8
Kodak Ektar 100
Epson V500
Love this!

I know it's the photographer, not the camera, but gees you're making me want a Rolleiflex with the 80mm Planar...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:22 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top