Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #13486
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573




LX, M85mm f2, P-C filter, Fujipro400


Last edited by Cuthbert; 06-06-2016 at 03:24 PM.
06-06-2016, 12:12 PM - 8 Likes   #13487
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,805



Hasselblad 500c/m
Carl Zeiss Planar C T* 80/2.8
Kodak Ektar 100
Epson V500
06-06-2016, 02:30 PM   #13488
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,190
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxis Quote
Sorry, Steve, I can't remember. I was at the annual Cruising on Colby event in Everett WA.
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Everett? My dad may very well know the owner of that Buick! I think it belongs to his neighbor. Dad is a big Buick fan and until recently owned a '57 Roadmaster that he never got around to restoring. On the property at present are six Buicks in various states of repair/restoration. I only have one ('92 Riviera) and prefer to collect cameras. Cars are too big.


Steve
Yep...turns out the Buick belongs to my dad's neighbor, Jay. Although it looks like a very nice restoration of a 1951 Buick Super, it is actually a "rodded" custom. Under the hood is a 455 cid V-8 mated to a modern transmission. Vroom, vroom...


Steve
06-06-2016, 03:12 PM   #13489
Forum Member
Pentaxis's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 89
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yep...turns out the Buick belongs to my dad's neighbor, Jay. Although it looks like a very nice restoration of a 1951 Buick Super, it is actually a "rodded" custom. Under the hood is a 455 cid V-8 mated to a modern transmission. Vroom, vroom...


Steve
Thanks very much for the info, Steve. That's quite a coincidence! You must have a very good eye for detail.
By the way, I had another photo of the suspected Sunbeam Alpine, but it's very poor and defocused. I hesitate to post it here because I have been told off in another forum recently for "digressing". It might just have been an Alpine.

06-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #13490
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,190
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxis Quote
Thanks very much for the info, Steve. That's quite a coincidence! You must have a very good eye for detail.
Ha! Ha! There are very few Buicks in the country as pretty as Jay's and I know that he shows it every year at Cruising Colby. Enough of the thread hijack...

BTW, if you want to PM me the photo of the suspected Alpine, I would be interested in seeing it. They have become rather rare and seldom seen even in shows.


Steve
06-06-2016, 05:57 PM   #13491
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: launceston
Posts: 1,075
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote



Hasselblad 500c/m
Carl Zeiss Planar C T* 80/2.8
Kodak Ektar 100
Epson V500
Love these ones Colton, what kind of tripod/head set up do you use for the MF panos?
06-06-2016, 06:04 PM   #13492
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,805
QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
Love these ones Colton, what kind of tripod/head set up do you use for the MF panos?
Thanks Nick.
I now have a Bogen 3021N with a 3030 head, both of which I got in March. Previously I used a Slik Pro400.
For these images I also use a Rollei pano head.
06-06-2016, 06:58 PM - 4 Likes   #13493
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,929
Was walking around a park one early morning after a rain looking for some macro opportunities with droplets and encountered this scene. Didn't know how long it would stay so I setup the tripod as quickly as I could around it to capture a Triptyche.

Taken on Agfa Ultra 100



I was pleasantly surprised after I scanned this series to find this detail on the third shot.



06-07-2016, 02:06 AM - 1 Like   #13494
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,139
06-07-2016, 04:36 AM   #13495
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 345
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Was walking around a park one early morning after a rain looking for some macro opportunities with droplets and encountered this scene. Didn't know how long it would stay so I setup the tripod as quickly as I could around it to capture a Triptyche.

Taken on Agfa Ultra 100



I was pleasantly surprised after I scanned this series to find this detail on the third shot.
It's amazing just how much detail can be captured on film! Neat shots!
06-07-2016, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #13496
Veteran Member
Cuthbert's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,573
Praktica VLC3, Pancolar 50mm f1.8, Gold 200:

06-07-2016, 04:32 PM - 2 Likes   #13497
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,805
I tried DSLR scanning for the first time today. I used my K-01 mounted to a Pentax Bellows II, with a Takumar 55/1.8 and the Slide Copier attachment. Since you can't actually get a full 35mm frame using that setup with an APS-C camera, I mounted the K-01 vertically and shot the film frame in 2 vertical halves. After slight cropping, I converted the DNGs to JPEGs and then merged (stitched) the 2 halves in Photoshop.
After that, I inverted and adjusted Levels and Curves to get the colors as right as I could. I was just using window light and autoexposure on the K-01, so Ihad some exposure variation from one half to the other, which made inverting it and getting color balance kinda tricky.
I think it worked pretty well overall...



Contax G2
Carl Zeiss Planar T* 35/2
Fuji Superia 400
06-07-2016, 05:07 PM   #13498
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,139
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I tried DSLR scanning for the first time today. I used my K-01 mounted to a Pentax Bellows II, with a Takumar 55/1.8 and the Slide Copier attachment. Since you can't actually get a full 35mm frame using that setup with an APS-C camera, I mounted the K-01 vertically and shot the film frame in 2 vertical halves. After slight cropping, I converted the DNGs to JPEGs and then merged (stitched) the 2 halves in Photoshop.
After that, I inverted and adjusted Levels and Curves to get the colors as right as I could. I was just using window light and autoexposure on the K-01, so Ihad some exposure variation from one half to the other, which made inverting it and getting color balance kinda tricky.
I think it worked pretty well overall...



Contax G2
Carl Zeiss Planar T* 35/2
Fuji Superia 400
Wow. Would you say it was more, or less effort than your standard scanner workflow?
06-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #13499
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,166
Yes, it did. Sounds like a lot of work for one image, no? I have never done stitching, though. Are the greens normal for Superia? Great Falcon, BTW...
06-07-2016, 05:17 PM   #13500
Site Supporter
arnold's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,193
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
I tried DSLR scanning for the first time today. I used my K-01 mounted to a Pentax Bellows II, with a Takumar 55/1.8 and the Slide Copier attachment. Since you can't actually get a full 35mm frame using that setup with an APS-C camera, I mounted the K-01 vertically and shot the film frame in 2 vertical halves. After slight cropping, I converted the DNGs to JPEGs and then merged (stitched) the 2 halves in Photoshop.
After that, I inverted and adjusted Levels and Curves to get the colors as right as I could. I was just using window light and autoexposure on the K-01, so Ihad some exposure variation from one half to the other, which made inverting it and getting color balance kinda tricky.
I think it worked pretty well overall...



Contax G2
Carl Zeiss Planar T* 35/2
Fuji Superia 400
Results are excellent. A lot of work however. I have used both the K5 and K1 to scan slides. By using the 35mm LTD macro, I can just clip the slide holder on the end of the lens - no bellows. The slides on the previous page were done that way, and if you check the road picture full size on Flicker you will be able to judge how much detail can be captured. I use full frame on the K1.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top