Epson V750-M Pro

10-10-2016, 04:31 AM   #14177
Pentaxian

10-11-2016, 02:45 AM - 1 Like   #14178
Pentaxian

10-11-2016, 04:15 PM - 2 Likes   #14179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FED-2, test roll with the Jupiter-12 35mm lens. Portra 160. Love the "characterful" color rendering on this lens.

10-11-2016, 11:51 PM - 4 Likes   #14180

Photos: Gallery
Not sure what happened to my earlier post. Maybe I didn't upload the gallery photos properly. All photos shot with a Canon AE-1.

Water on Oil

Cub Scout Ice Cream Social

Korean Dual Sport trail ride

Bridge Over the River Han, Seoul, South Korea

Approaching storm, Ft. Bragg, NC

Korean fusion of nature and adventure

Ft. Bragg, River and Dam

10-12-2016, 02:56 AM - 1 Like   #14181
Pentaxian

10-12-2016, 04:38 PM - 2 Likes   #14182
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LX & K24/2.8 shooting Provia 400x:

Phil.

10-12-2016, 05:56 PM   #14183
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
LX & K24/2.8 shooting Provia 400x:
Showing how Provia excels at blue!
10-12-2016, 09:33 PM   #14184
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Showing how Provia excels at blue!
Yep it sure does!

Thanks, Phil.
10-12-2016, 11:08 PM - 7 Likes   #14185
Veteran Member

Back in 1995, my "family" and I decided to take a road trip from our home city of Whittier, California (east Los Angeles County) up to Victoria, British Columbia. We rented a 28' motor home for the "vacation," and set off during the first week of June. I put quotes around "family" because it was my wife and 4yo daughter and I, plus my wife's mother, her niece, and her neice's friend. Yup, me and five females. Cooped up in a motor home for the better part of two weeks. Hence the reason why I put quotes around "vacation." To make matters even more interesting, I was suffering from rather severe bouts of sciatica at the time and, of course, none of the women would drive that beast, so I was the only one who drove. For some 3,000 miles.

I brought a small Nikon F2 outfit with me, which included a preset Century Precision Optics 500mm f/5.6 Tele Athenar II telephoto. As situations would have it, I ended up using that Century telephoto for probably most of the images I shot. Other optics were all Nikkors: a 28mm f/3.5, a 35mm f/2, a 105mm f/2.5 and an 80-200mm f/4.5 zoom. I shot Fujichrome 100 and some sort of print film during the trip. The photos here are dupes I shot of the Fujichromes, using my NEX 7 and a dupe rig I put together. The scans I had of the C-41 images were lost in a hard drive crash and I haven't rescanned them again, so I don't have any of the print images to show you.

We set out from the LA area, eventually hooking up with US 395, which runs north-south through eastern California along the eastern edge of the Sierra Nevada mountains. It also just happened to go right by Mt. Whitney, the tallest peak in the contiguous United States at 14,505 feet (4421.0 m). From where we were, it did tend to dominate the western horizon.

I don't recall the focal length lenses I used on these first couple of shots. If I had to guess, though, I'd say the first one was with a Nikkor 28/3.5 and the second was a Nikkor 105/2.5. Mt. Whitney is the tallest peak in the background.

These next two photos are of Mt. Whitney, taken with the Century 500mm telephoto.

Moving on up US 395 a ways and we stopped off at a small pocket lake recommended to us by our neighbors. Called June Lake, it's just a small jog off of 395. Our neighbors really talked the place up. Well, it was picturesque enough and all but to be honest, the lake itself was kinda boring. We only stayed a few hours.

We continued up US 395 to Reno, where we stopped off for the night. I didn't get any shots of Reno. I stayed in the motor home, resting my aching back. From Reno, we headed back into California and hooked up with state highway 20, taking it all the way to Interstate 5. We traveled up I-5 to Mt. Shasta National Forest, where we put in for the night. I managed only a few shots of Mt. Shasta while we were there. My back again.

Up into Oregon, our next touristy stop of any significance was Crater Lake. Now, bear in mind this was the first week of June, but up at Crater Lake, there was still a lot of snow on the ground. I managed only a few shots of the lake, ducking murderous swarms of dive-bombing mosquitos, but they were enough where I was able to assemble a halfway decent panorama of the lake:

Somewhere east of Portland, we stopped off at another touristy spot that featured a really tall waterfall. I only got a few slide images from this place, but I do recall shooting some print film at this location. Anyway, here's a shot of the waterfall. I don't recall the name of the place.

We pretty much just drove through Portland and on into Washington State. I had a couple places I wanted to see: Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Rainier. I was stationed at Ft. Lewis when I was in the Army back in the 70s and Mt. Rainier was such a dominant feature of the landscape from the fort. And, of course, I wanted to see Mt. St. Helens just to see what a blown-out volcano looks like.

We arrived within the vicinity of Mt. St. Helens first. We were still quite a ways away when we came to a lookout where it was easy to see. I wanted to drive closer, but the women were grousing about having to put up with looking at some blown up volcano that they didn't care about, so I didn't press matters. As you can see from the photos, there are at least a couple of mountain ridges between the volcano and where we were.

The first shot is with the Century 500. The second is with the Century 500 plus a Vivitar macro-focusing 2x teleconverter. If you look closely, you can see a new dome being formed within the caldera. Given that this was 1995 and the eruption occurred in 1980, I imagine that dome is a lot bigger now.

And finally, this is where my slides ran out. At Mt. Rainier National Park. I shot at least a roll of film there, but most of the images are duplicates. Here are a few good ones of Mt. Rainier:

Our trip continued into Victoria, British Columbia, where we turned around and headed back south. I must have been shooting negative film only by then because I have no more slides of this or the remainder of the trip. If/when I get them scanned I will revisit this threat with more images.

Last edited by cooltouch; 10-13-2016 at 07:32 AM.
10-13-2016, 01:44 AM - 2 Likes   #14186
Pentaxian

10-13-2016, 03:49 AM - 3 Likes   #14187
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
Back in 1995, my "family" and I decided to take a road trip from our home city of Whittier, California (east Los Angeles County) up to Victoria, British Columbia..
What a great post and brilliant slides.
Inspiring as they are, I'll see if I can get my latest scans of my trip to the SW of France last summer uploaded here. Portra 400,160, ektar100 and some Fuji Pro400H all shot in my P67.

And following they are:

And because many of the photogs who told the story that a P67 can't be used handheld because of mirror & shutter vibration, the next one is shot on a Manfroto monopod @ 1/15...

From the french Porsche club gathering; I love the colour rendering Ektar gives.

And another for Ektar delicious colour palette:

Last edited by rhmimac; 10-13-2016 at 12:43 PM. Reason: pics added
10-13-2016, 03:56 PM   #14188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rhmimac Quote
What a great post and brilliant slides.
Inspiring as they are, I'll see if I can get my latest scans of my trip to the SW of France last summer uploaded here. Portra 400,160, ektar100 and some Fuji Pro400H all shot in my P67.

And because many of the photogs who told the story that a P67 can't be used handheld because of mirror & shutter vibration, the next one is shot on a Manfroto monopod @ 1/15...

From the french Porsche club gathering; I love the colour rendering Ektar gives.

And another for Ektar delicious colour palette:

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
Back in 1995, my "family" and I decided to take a road trip from our home city of Whittier, California (east Los Angeles County) up to Victoria, British Columbia. We rented a 28' motor home for the "vacation," and set off during the first week of June. I put quotes around "family" because it was my wife and 4yo daughter and I, plus my wife's mother, her niece, and her neice's friend. Yup, me and five females. Cooped up in a motor home for the better part of two weeks. Hence the reason why I put quotes around "vacation." To make matters even more interesting, I was suffering from rather severe bouts of sciatica at the time and, of course, none of the women would drive that beast, so I was the only one who drove. For some 3,000 miles.

I brought a small Nikon F2 outfit with me, which included a preset Century Precision Optics 500mm f/5.6 Tele Athenar II telephoto. As situations would have it, I ended up using that Century telephoto for probably most of the images I shot. Other optics were all Nikkors: a 28mm f/3.5, a 35mm f/2, a 105mm f/2.5 and an 80-200mm f/4.5 zoom. I shot Fujichrome 100 and some sort of print film during the trip. The photos here are dupes I shot of the Fujichromes, using my NEX 7 and a dupe rig I put together. The scans I had of the C-41 images were lost in a hard drive crash and I haven't rescanned them again, so I don't have any of the print images to show you.

We set out from the LA area, eventually hooking up with US 395, which runs north-south through eastern California along the eastern edge of the Sierra Nevada mountains. It also just happened to go right by Mt. Whitney, the tallest peak in the contiguous United States at 14,505 feet (4421.0 m). From where we were, it did tend to dominate the western horizon.

I don't recall the focal length lenses I used on these first couple of shots. If I had to guess, though, I'd say the first one was with a Nikkor 28/3.5 and the second was a Nikkor 105/2.5. Mt. Whitney is the tallest peak in the background.

These next two photos are of Mt. Whitney, taken with the Century 500mm telephoto.

Moving on up US 395 a ways and we stopped off at a small pocket lake recommended to us by our neighbors. Called June Lake, it's just a small jog off of 395. Our neighbors really talked the place up. Well, it was picturesque enough and all but to be honest, the lake itself was kinda boring. We only stayed a few hours.

We continued up US 395 to Reno, where we stopped off for the night. I didn't get any shots of Reno. I stayed in the motor home, resting my aching back. From Reno, we headed back into California and hooked up with state highway 20, taking it all the way to Interstate 5. We traveled up I-5 to Mt. Shasta National Forest, where we put in for the night. I managed only a few shots of Mt. Shasta while we were there. My back again.

Up into Oregon, our next touristy stop of any significance was Crater Lake. Now, bear in mind this was the first week of June, but up at Crater Lake, there was still a lot of snow on the ground. I managed only a few shots of the lake, ducking murderous swarms of dive-bombing mosquitos, but they were enough where I was able to assemble a halfway decent panorama of the lake:

Somewhere east of Portland, we stopped off at another touristy spot that featured a really tall waterfall. I only got a few slide images from this place, but I do recall shooting some print film at this location. Anyway, here's a shot of the waterfall. I don't recall the name of the place.

We pretty much just drove through Portland and on into Washington State. I had a couple places I wanted to see: Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Rainier. I was stationed at Ft. Lewis when I was in the Army back in the 70s and Mt. Rainier was such a dominant feature of the landscape from the fort. And, of course, I wanted to see Mt. St. Helens just to see what a blown-out volcano looks like.

We arrived within the vicinity of Mt. St. Helens first. We were still quite a ways away when we came to a lookout where it was easy to see. I wanted to drive closer, but the women were grousing about having to put up with looking at some blown up volcano that they didn't care about, so I didn't press matters. As you can see from the photos, there are at least a couple of mountain ridges between the volcano and where we were.

The first shot is with the Century 500. The second is with the Century 500 plus a Vivitar macro-focusing 2x teleconverter. If you look closely, you can see a new dome being formed within the caldera. Given that this was 1995 and the eruption occurred in 1980, I imagine that dome is a lot bigger now.

And finally, this is where my slides ran out. At Mt. Rainier National Park. I shot at least a roll of film there, but most of the images are duplicates. Here are a few good ones of Mt. Rainier:

Our trip continued into Victoria, British Columbia, where we turned around and headed back south. I must have been shooting negative film only by then because I have no more slides of this or the remainder of the trip. If/when I get them scanned I will revisit this threat with more images.
Both very cool sets of photos.
10-13-2016, 06:37 PM - 1 Like   #14189
Veteran Member

The simply wonderful Pentax P3N & Porta 400 developed using a batch of UniColor I mixed 3 months ago (9th roll) - still going strong

F50 f1.7

A35-70 f4

A35-70 f4

A35-70 f4

Last edited by longbow; 10-13-2016 at 07:59 PM.
10-13-2016, 07:30 PM - 2 Likes   #14190
Veteran Member

Bit of a snapping lull on my part the past few months, but just got a few rolls back in the last coupe weeks with some late summer shots. I'm continuously enamored by my tiny Franka Solida III folder.
It could well be the speed at which is forces me to go, e.g. very very slow, but I find I get more keepers from that camera than arguably any others that I have. Anyhow.... from down in the South Central Washington a few weeks back, through the Klickitat region. This is an area I was always interested in visiting (as well as other portions of the Yakama Nation, many of which are closed to outsiders) but never did, despite growing up just to the North of reservation. I didn't stop to take nearly enough pictures as we were in a hurry to get to visiting sick family, but I'd like very much to visit again in the fall or winter. I'm sure it would be a sight.

Franka Solida III | Ektar 100

Franka Solida III | Velvia 100F

Franka Solida III | Velvia 100F

Last edited by Eyewanders; 10-13-2016 at 07:51 PM.