Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2016, 02:32 AM - 3 Likes   #14311
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,587


11-01-2016, 08:52 AM   #14312
Pentaxian
IgorZ's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 863
Interesting! Where was this taken?
11-01-2016, 01:20 PM   #14313
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,587
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Interesting! Where was this taken?
Kingston
11-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #14314
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,379
QuoteOriginally posted by rhmimac Quote
October was one of the dryest in age ages here in Western Europe. Summer extends into November with a lot of sun on the yellow brown leaves. It can differ a lot on the globe.
Usually October is pretty nice here, with many sunny days. However not this year!

Phil

11-01-2016, 04:28 PM - 4 Likes   #14315
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 402


A shot with my crown graphic and caltar-s 210mm f5.6.
Also I love the stearman press sp-445 for developing my 4x5 negatives. Very nice, easy to use system.
11-01-2016, 04:41 PM   #14316
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,379
QuoteOriginally posted by malinku Quote


A shot with my crown graphic and caltar-s 210mm f5.6.
Also I love the stearman press sp-445 for developing my 4x5 negatives. Very nice, easy to use system.
Well done!

Phil.
11-01-2016, 09:33 PM - 4 Likes   #14317
Pentaxian
Swift1's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,023


Pentax 67
SMC Pentax 6X7 45/4
Kodak Ektar 100
Epson V500
11-01-2016, 11:35 PM   #14318
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,587


11-02-2016, 06:52 AM   #14319
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
baro-nite's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,372
QuoteOriginally posted by malinku Quote
Also I love the stearman press sp-445 for developing my 4x5 negatives. Very nice, easy to use system.
Likewise; I don't expect I'll be doing much tray development any more.
11-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #14320
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 27,663
QuoteOriginally posted by malinku Quote
Also I love the stearman press sp-445 for developing my 4x5 negatives. Very nice, easy to use system.
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
Likewise; I don't expect I'll be doing much tray development any more.
I had not heard of the SP-445 before the post above. I had been using an adapted Unicolor print drum and motor base for 4x5. It works well, but is prone to leaks. Assuming the agitation works well, the Stearman Press looks like a very viable option. Have either of you used it with dilute developer and/or semi-stand?


Steve
11-02-2016, 10:58 AM   #14321
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
baro-nite's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,372
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Have either of you used it with dilute developer and/or semi-stand?
I haven't. There's a Flickr group for it, but very little discussion so far.
11-02-2016, 05:50 PM - 8 Likes   #14322
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
K David's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SF Bay Area
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,316
I just finished editing about 85 rolls of film from the last year. I was happy with some of the shots. Here they are with camera, lens, film, and development data.


Pentax LX, Vivitar RL Edition 28mm 2.8 in PKA, Tri-X 400 @400, D-76 1+1 9:30


Pentax LX, SMC-M 28mm f/2.8 (RIP), Adox CMS II 20 @20, D-76 1+3 10:30
If anyone has read all the APUG and similar forum threads denouncing D-76 for Adox 20 ISO film as 'just giving snow and ashes', I've been using this dilution and time a lot and it's working very well at delivering gray tones that hold their own against many other films. Here are a couple more from that same shoot with the same lens and film.








Pentax LX, 50mm f/1.4 (probably, maybe the 31mm 1.8), Rollei Retro 80S @80, RPX-D 1+19 8:00


Minolta Alpha 9, Sigma 70-300, Kodak 5222 Double-X @250, L110 1+31 6:00


Photo credit: my friend Rob
Minolta X-700, Vivitar 24mm f/2, Kodak TMax 400 @400, Rodinal 1+25 6:00


Miranda Sensorex II, Soligor 50mm f/1.4, Delta 100 @400, Rodinal 1+50 23:00


Minolta Alpha 9, 50mm f/1.7, Delta 3200 @3200, D-76 1+3 16:00
11-03-2016, 01:59 AM   #14323
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,587
11-03-2016, 03:19 AM - 1 Like   #14324
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,292
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
I just finished editing about 85 rolls of film from the last year. I was happy with some of the shots. Here they are with camera, lens, film, and development data.


Pentax LX, Vivitar RL Edition 28mm 2.8 in PKA, Tri-X 400 @400, D-76 1+1 9:30


Pentax LX, SMC-M 28mm f/2.8 (RIP), Adox CMS II 20 @20, D-76 1+3 10:30
If anyone has read all the APUG and similar forum threads denouncing D-76 for Adox 20 ISO film as 'just giving snow and ashes', I've been using this dilution and time a lot and it's working very well at delivering gray tones that hold their own against many other films. Here are a couple more from that same shoot with the same lens and film.








Pentax LX, 50mm f/1.4 (probably, maybe the 31mm 1.8), Rollei Retro 80S @80, RPX-D 1+19 8:00


Minolta Alpha 9, Sigma 70-300, Kodak 5222 Double-X @250, L110 1+31 6:00


Photo credit: my friend Rob
Minolta X-700, Vivitar 24mm f/2, Kodak TMax 400 @400, Rodinal 1+25 6:00


Miranda Sensorex II, Soligor 50mm f/1.4, Delta 100 @400, Rodinal 1+50 23:00


Minolta Alpha 9, 50mm f/1.7, Delta 3200 @3200, D-76 1+3 16:00
Very nice set David.
11-03-2016, 07:46 AM   #14325
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,379
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
I just finished editing about 85 rolls of film from the last year. I was happy with some of the shots. Here they are with camera, lens, film, and development data.
Very nice, really like the Adox shots. Have you tried Silvermax yet, it works great processed as a positive.

Phil..
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
architecture, details, ektar, exposure, film, goats, grandma, hood, kodachrome, kodak, lab, legs, lens, lunch, lx, mx, pentax, phil, photos, post, q7, roll, sarajevo, scans, shot, shots, steve, thanks, tokina, velvia
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K20D test shots at Lets Go Digital schufosi777 Pentax News and Rumors 6 04-20-2013 11:31 AM
Macro Cool Macro shots derajjjg Post Your Photos! 2 12-27-2009 09:36 PM
Lets see your Moon and Mars shots Igilligan Post Your Photos! 9 12-05-2009 08:55 AM
Way cool bat shots and General Talk 7 10-01-2009 02:54 AM
Cool Shots & Info Fl_Gulfer Post Your Photos! 0 12-10-2007 11:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:51 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top