Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2011, 09:08 AM   #4606
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by newpentaxman Quote
i just got some black and white 200 iso film for my pentcon 6tl.it's made in the czech republic.has anybody heard anything about it? the price was right. it's called arista.edu ultra.
If I'm not mistaken it's re-branded Fomepan for Freestyle Photo (they do a lot of re-branded film at very good prices - I have the legacy pro 100 and 400 currently at home for my 35 mm cameras it's Fuji Acros 100 and Neopan 400 at a lower price. I've not used Fomepans so can't comment on what to expect, however the only re-branded film they offer in 120 is the Arista so it's not really a choice (if you shoot 35 as well the Arista Premium 100 and 400 are re-branded Plus-x and Tri-x
The Arista EDU's are all Fomepan
The Legacy Pro's are all Fuji
Unfortunately there are no Re-Brand Colour Slide or Neg (it would be nice to see re-branded Velvia)
It would also be nice if they offered the premium and legacy in 120

01-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #4607
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That should be excellent film - I've been wanting the ISO 200 in 120 size - same film as the Fomapan 200 which has a good rep.
01-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #4608
Veteran Member

Here's a couple from my last roll of Kodachrome.

Both shot with a K2

01-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #4609
Veteran Member

Rather nice colours Colton, especially in that last shot with the leaves contrasting with the sky.

01-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #4610
Veteran Member

Greetings and a Happy New Year to All! A busy fall and Christmas season had me with my singer's hat on and not as much time for photography and the forum as I might have liked, reducing me to "lurker" status - haven't had much chance to post anything. That being said, I've been enjoying everyone else's work in this thread. I have a few shots from the late fall that I'll try and post in the next couple weeks. In the meanwhile, I found myself in Gettysburg, PA on New Year's Eve and managed to shoot a roll of Reala 100 with my SuperProgram and M50 f2 lens:

Downtown:

Train Station:

Atop Little Round Top:

Overlooking Devil's Den from Little Round Top:

Cannon:

Thanks for looking,
Kevin
01-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #4611
Veteran Member

A few more from Gettysburg and the same roll of film:

Monument:

Monument from New York State:

My blushing bride...:

Pennsylvania's Monument:

Fence:

Front porch of a Bed and Breakfast New Oxford, PA

Best to all,
Kevin
01-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #4612
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Rather nice colours Colton, especially in that last shot with the leaves contrasting with the sky.
Thanks Jason.

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Greetings and a Happy New Year to All! A busy fall and Christmas season had me with my singer's hat on and not as much time for photography and the forum as I might have liked, reducing me to "lurker" status - haven't had much chance to post anything. That being said, I've been enjoying everyone else's work in this thread. I have a few shots from the late fall that I'll try and post in the next couple weeks. In the meanwhile, I found myself in Gettysburg, PA on New Year's Eve and managed to shoot a roll of Reala 100 with my SuperProgram and M50 f2 lens:

Thanks for looking,
Kevin

Great series Kevin.

01-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #4613
Veteran Member

Colton, glad you enjoyed the shots of Gettysburg. My kid sister went to college there. It's also my wife's home town and my in-laws still live there. Despite having been traveling there for over 20 years, this was my first visit to Little Round Top, although I've driven around to some of the other battlefield sites (but never with a camera - go figure).

Best,
Kevin
01-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #4614
Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing those Kevin, been too long since I was there, to see results of park service efforts to restore field to apperance during battle is astounding.
Have heard some of those gun tubes that form Hazzlet's battery are original.
01-08-2011, 04:11 AM   #4615
Veteran Member

Kevin, excellent shots, maybe it was the sequencing or whatever, but the first shot in each of your posts I find exceptionally sharp and 3-D. And it brings back memories of 40 years ago (I tend to have a memory for terrain, and often dream about places) when we visited.
01-08-2011, 04:32 AM   #4616
Veteran Member

Ferrania 100, Yashica T4

That particular day I'd planned to shoot my Retina IIa exclusively - sadly, she jammed half way through a frame advance and I haven't managed to free her up yet. I had a few years of good service, but still it is sad: this Retina was maybe my favorite 35mm camera. Luckily I had my other film camera in the bag (what? YOU don't carry 2 film cameras on a daily basis ), this T4... so I finished the roll of Ferrania and rolled in the just started Foma 200 from the Retina - that's still in the T4, I have 6 shots left.
01-08-2011, 06:42 AM   #4617
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BillM Quote
Thanks for sharing those Kevin, been too long since I was there, to see results of park service efforts to restore field to apperance during battle is astounding.
Have heard some of those gun tubes that form Hazzlet's battery are original.
I, too, am impressed with how things have changed over the years, and largely for the better.

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Kevin, excellent shots, maybe it was the sequencing or whatever, but the first shot in each of your posts I find exceptionally sharp and 3-D. And it brings back memories of 40 years ago (I tend to have a memory for terrain, and often dream about places) when we visited.
Jussi, I appreciate the compliment. I'm consistently amazed by the shots I get with the M50 f2. I have "better" 50mm lenses (A50 f1.7, FA 50 f1.4), but I always seem to like what I get with M50.

Ferrania 100, Yashica T4

That particular day I'd planned to shoot my Retina IIa exclusively - sadly, she jammed half way through a frame advance and I haven't managed to free her up yet. I had a few years of good service, but still it is sad: this Retina was maybe my favorite 35mm camera. Luckily I had my other film camera in the bag (what? YOU don't carry 2 film cameras on a daily basis ), this T4... so I finished the roll of Ferrania and rolled in the just started Foma 200 from the Retina - that's still in the T4, I have 6 shots left.
Sorry to hear about your Retina IIa. I have one that I picked up on Craig's List a year ago, but I haven't shot it much. Based on your endorsement, I may have to make more of an effort. Its viewfinder is a little foggy and I have a hard time focusing it. Also, (unlike you) I don't do so well eyeballing exposures so I have to use my dad's old Weston meter (which works, but I don't have a lot of experience with it). Hope you're able to resurrect it.

Best to all,
Kevin
01-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #4618
Veteran Member

scenery of the outside stadium between soccer games of Indonesia against Philipine

Pentax Super Program + smc P-A 1:2.8/24 + expired Superia Venus 800

Last edited by fearview; 01-08-2011 at 09:11 AM.
01-08-2011, 07:50 AM   #4619
Veteran Member

Thanks Kevin - when I first started with folding cameras I was petrified about exposure - funny enough worried about over exposing things when the opposite is usual. But it was liberating, one realizes just how many approaches there are to 'correct' exposure - and focus, LOL!

Fearview - those are some awesome shots - come forth with the info! Film, camera, and what is that wild stadium?
01-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #4620
Veteran Member

Thanks Kevin - when I first started with folding cameras I was petrified about exposure - funny enough worried about over exposing things when the opposite is usual. But it was liberating, one realizes just how many approaches there are to 'correct' exposure - and focus, LOL!

Fearview - those are some awesome shots - come forth with the info! Film, camera, and what is that wild stadium?
Jussi, there is a profound irony in your post above. I underexposed the first roll I ran through the Retina IIa so badly that it came back blank <g>.

@Fearview - I'll second Nesster's comment - great photographs! I'd love to know the details of them as well.

Best,
Kevin