Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 43060 Likes Search this Thread
01-08-2011, 09:16 AM   #4621
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Thanks Kevin - when I first started with folding cameras I was petrified about exposure - funny enough worried about over exposing things when the opposite is usual. But it was liberating, one realizes just how many approaches there are to 'correct' exposure - and focus, LOL!

Fearview - those are some awesome shots - come forth with the info! Film, camera, and what is that wild stadium?

QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Jussi, there is a profound irony in your post above. I underexposed the first roll I ran through the Retina IIa so badly that it came back blank <g>.

@Fearview - I'll second Nesster's comment - great photographs! I'd love to know the details of them as well.

Best,
Kevin
nesster and kevin ..

it was on the outside of our beloved stadium in Jakarta, Gelora Bung Karno. Between soccer game when our team met with the Philipine.. tough team they are. we can only score on goal. . i can get in into the stadium .. but its was awesome when you can hear about 120.000 people screamin together. you just going deaf..

it was little bit dark i remember .. i hand held the shot for 1/4 second exposure

01-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #4622
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Greetings and a Happy New Year to All! A busy fall and Christmas season had me with my singer's hat on and not as much time for photography and the forum as I might have liked, reducing me to "lurker" status - haven't had much chance to post anything. That being said, I've been enjoying everyone else's work in this thread. I have a few shots from the late fall that I'll try and post in the next couple weeks. In the meanwhile, I found myself in Gettysburg, PA on New Year's Eve and managed to shoot a roll of Reala 100 with my SuperProgram and M50 f2 lens:

Thanks for looking,
Kevin
Happy new Year Kevin!
I have been much the same, and haven't been able to shoot or process much at all lately. Hope to change this status soon

Lovely pics from Gettysburg. I don't know much about the history of the place but it does look interesting. I have never been to the US (yet) so it's all new and interesting to me.

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Ferrania 100, Yashica T4

That particular day I'd planned to shoot my Retina IIa exclusively - sadly, she jammed half way through a frame advance and I haven't managed to free her up yet. I had a few years of good service, but still it is sad: this Retina was maybe my favorite 35mm camera. Luckily I had my other film camera in the bag (what? YOU don't carry 2 film cameras on a daily basis ), this T4... so I finished the roll of Ferrania and rolled in the just started Foma 200 from the Retina - that's still in the T4, I have 6 shots left.
Sad to hear about the Retina Jussi, but the steam shot is rather interesting. Pretty sure it's not the sort of thing you would ever see in a city over here... I think NYC is a place I would like to visit one day.

QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote

scenery of the outside stadium between soccer games of Indonesia against Philipine

Pentax Super Program + smc P-A 1:2.8/24 + expired Superia Venus 800
Nice atmosphere caught on film mate!
01-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #4623
Forum Member

Great photo, corner to corner, for middle and background.
01-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #4624
Veteran Member

@fearview - thanks for the info on the stadium. It's a really interesting building and you really captured it well.

@Jason - a Happy New Year to you as well. You've done a whole lot better here this fall than I have <g>. At least you've been putting something up regularly. Here's a link to the Wikipedia article on Gettysburg, if you're interested: Battle of Gettysburg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For as many times as I've been there, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around exactly what happened. I never had a whole lot of interest in the Civil War. Growing up in New England, it was all about the American Revolution. Interesting part of all this is that both events are "adopted" history for me as my father's grandparents (and my mother's parents) were immigrants.

Best,
Kevin

Last edited by KJon; 01-09-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Additional comment added
01-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #4625
mer

I love pushed provia 400x ( even when you didn't even have to push it )

Pentax 645 , SMC-A 75/2.8 wide open , Fuji Provia 400X@800

Amsterdam... of course... I couldn't even properly finish a joint ... I was always like "oh that's a good photo... and that one as well!" haha

I'll post some more later..

Last edited by mer; 01-09-2011 at 01:12 PM.
01-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #4626
Inactive Account

Here are a couple of mine from a small street photography shoot my girl and myself went on yesterday. The camera I was using was a ZX-50 that I just purchased of a member on this forum (thanks again dgaies) and a Tamron 28-300mm lens (which I also just purchased) and I couln't be happier with them both.

01-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #4627
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DubVboy Quote
Here are a couple of mine from a small street photography shoot my girl and myself went on yesterday. The camera I was using was a ZX-50 that I just purchased of a member on this forum (thanks again dgaies) and a Tamron 28-300mm lens (which I also just purchased) and I couln't be happier with them both.
I like the last one.

01-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #4628
Veteran Member

While out on the porch with my 2 year old daughter, I asked her if I could take a picture of her. She said okay, then turned her back to and said "but like this". I then said " can you turn around so I can see your face" to which she replied "no, like this"

MZ-L, FA 50/1.4, Kodak BW400CN
01-10-2011, 04:56 AM   #4629
Veteran Member

Hello, new to this section cause I have finally started to drag out slides and copy them via macro-setup + light box. I must say the film view adds another dimension (or two) to the photographic eye. Film type is printed onto the carrier which is great cause I could never tell in retrospect :-) Guessing the camera is not so easy but maybe I'll sort this out too.

Here's a slide as a starter, uncorrected pic. Klick on pic to see a corrected version.

"Kodak EB-2" Elite Chrome (II) 100 ; Camera: ?

Last edited by georgweb; 01-10-2011 at 05:08 AM.
01-10-2011, 06:43 AM   #4630
Veteran Member

ah mercedes benz..

do you remember from what year your photo is George?

01-10-2011, 07:08 AM   #4631
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
While out on the porch with my 2 year old daughter, I asked her if I could take a picture of her. She said okay, then turned her back to and said "but like this". I then said " can you turn around so I can see your face" to which she replied "no, like this"

MZ-L, FA 50/1.4, Kodak BW400CN

HAHa very nice though, she must be thinking like an artist already
01-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #4632
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
ah mercedes benz..
do you remember from what year your photo is George?..
Glad you like it. The slide frame says 02, probably from 2002. Car is from the 50s and I've been a front passenger sometimes. No collapsible zone and no seatbelts make for even more excitement for the good ole times...
01-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #4633
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Dawn's Early Light

Chamonix 045N-2, Caltar II-N 90/6.8, Arista.EDU Ultra 100 (4x5) in HC-110 1+63 8' at 21C rotary drum

Finally got around to processing some of the 4x5 work. This was in the first batch processing sheet film with the Unicolor drum. I am happy with the results, though they are not quite as good as doing semi-stand with the same film and developer at 1+119 for 15 minutes. The main advantage of the drum is that processing is faster and I am free to do other chores while leaving the agitation to the motor base.

Steve
01-10-2011, 10:43 PM - 1 Like   #4634
Forum Member

Awesome car,George!
and speaking of cars, here are some with my Super program, Pentax-M 50mm F1.7 and Ultramax 400.
Attached Images

01-11-2011, 12:51 AM   #4635

Beautiful '57 Belair!

Once owned a '57 in B&W,

so much chrome to polish