Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2012, 07:22 PM - 1 Like   #7771
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Bubbles!

This was shot handheld indoors on a rather dull day. The Bronica's focus screen is quite dim so actually seeing focus was near impossible, not to mention the vf is a bit inaccurate anyways, so this shot was metered and focused using the W.A.G. (Wild Ass Guess) method.

Zenza Bronica S2
Nippon Kogaku Nikkor-P 75/2.8
Kodak New Portra 400
I gotta give the W.A.G. method a shot. (Thanks for the chuckle). Fun shot with the dandelion behind looking like a halo.

Best,
Kevin

11-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #7772
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Thanks Kevin, I appreciate the encouragement. As for Kodak Gold, I haven't decided on a favorite film yet. I know I prefer the slower speeds, even though I have a bundle of Fuji 400 and just of few rolls each of slower Kodak and Fuji. But generally, I think my results have improved greatly since I switched from Walmart one-hour developing (my only local source) to Dwayne's.

These couple rolls were my first using the 28/3.5 and I really enjoyed using it. It's easy to focus, and somehow the composition seemed easier. But maybe it was the subject mater, as many of the shots were at the car show (see Gearheads thread) and the lens allowed (required) me to get in close.
11-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #7773
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Bubbles!
Perfect framing - particulraly given the dim VF!

QuoteOriginally posted by hollywoodfred Quote
As usual, the work displayed in this thread inspires me to improve my skills. Someday, I may be worthy.
cheers,
Fred

Looks worthy to me!

As I understand it, point it at something and mash the shutter enough times and hope for some luck . . .
11-25-2012, 12:45 PM   #7774
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Looks worthy to me!

As I understand it, point it at something and mash the shutter enough times and hope for some luck . . .
Thanks Les. As the saying goes... even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. When I look at my newly developed film, I'm hoping I'm that squirrel.

11-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #7775
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RZ67 Pro II Portra 160

Converted to B&W

11-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #7776
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And a crop from the iceicle.
11-27-2012, 06:05 PM - 1 Like   #7777
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was testing out my 1968 Leica M4 (which I bought new back then) after finally getting a full CLA, and saw this as I walked by the garden. I think Fuji Superia 400. Summicron 50mm from 1969. Commercial process & scan. [Edit: realize the lens for this was actually a 90mm 2.8 TeleElmarit I bought with the M4 in '68.]
Name:  Gizbush.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  302.9 KB

Last edited by TomB_tx; 11-28-2012 at 06:32 AM.
11-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #7778
Veteran Member

Very nice. I like how the cat's eyes and bell(?) pair up with the foilage colors.
11-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #7779

some pictures all the way from Malaysia!!!
Both taken from Pentax ME-Super + expired Kodak Gold 100
Attached Images

11-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #7780
Veteran Member

Colton : this picture of red leafs ... i could eat them ! they are so gorgeous i love the red, and i really like the "dynamic" of the branch in the background.
The picture "bubbles" would have been perfect without this misfocus . Next time will do better !

Kevin : i like most the second picture the only tree with leafs left. quite impressive to see what wind can do ! i'm glad to live in Europe where this never happen !

Fred : Can't say why but i looked the goat for 10-15 minutes. this picture is somehow hypnotising and that's really cool

tomb tx : don't mess with the cat !

daystriker : the Kodak Gold have a lot of grain on the 2nd picture. is it really as grainy as it seems ? Second question : what's in the barrel on the 2nd picture because i'm quite intrigued.

Small contribution of mine

Pentax SuperA, DA*55 @1.4, Portra 160 @1250 (+3 stops).

Use a film for daylight, in a party, with only blue and pink lights, push it 3 stops, and enjoy the mess with noise, color shift, white balance, magenta noise. A hell of a scanning, but, damn, it's among the best "pop art" picture i've ever done ! And the girls, where so crazy and so cool !
11-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #7781
Veteran Member

@aurele:
With the goat, I think it's the blue eyes - they are facinating to me. I was just glad to finally get the focus right on one of these fellas. I think the M28/3.5 was the main contributor in that shot. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

interesting result in your party shot. It must have been challenge dealing with all those influences. But I enjoy the facial expressions you captured.
11-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #7782
Veteran Member

With the goat, I think it's the blue eyes - they are facinating to me. I was just glad to finally get the focus right on one of these fellas. I think the M28/3.5 was the main contributor in that shot. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
it's not the first time i hear that the M or K 28/3.5 are tack sharp, and i should try to find one.µ

Now that you speak about the blue eye, add the sort of sadness, and that's it !

We needed to build a bigger fence for him, as he could jump the original one.
i think it's moto in life is "the pasture is not enought"

interesting result in your party shot. It must have been challenge dealing with all those influences. But I enjoy the facial expressions you captured.
i shot B&W mainly during this night but i had two roll of Portra 160, and i gave a shot.

the most complicated thing is that when you push color film that much, the noise is red in the dark area, and i still don't know how to suppress it without suppressing red channel in other area.

definitely next time i'll grab a higher iso portra and give another shot
11-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #7783
Veteran Member

Some pictures from my recent roll of film.
SV, Fuji C200.

11-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #7784
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
Colton : this picture of red leafs ... i could eat them ! they are so gorgeous i love the red, and i really like the "dynamic" of the branch in the background.
The picture "bubbles" would have been perfect without this misfocus . Next time will do better !

Kevin : i like most the second picture the only tree with leafs left. quite impressive to see what wind can do ! i'm glad to live in Europe where this never happen !

Fred : Can't say why but i looked the goat for 10-15 minutes. this picture is somehow hypnotising and that's really cool

tomb tx : don't mess with the cat !

daystriker : the Kodak Gold have a lot of grain on the 2nd picture. is it really as grainy as it seems ? Second question : what's in the barrel on the 2nd picture because i'm quite intrigued.

Small contribution of mine

Pentax SuperA, DA*55 @1.4, Portra 160 @1250 (+3 stops).

Use a film for daylight, in a party, with only blue and pink lights, push it 3 stops, and enjoy the mess with noise, color shift, white balance, magenta noise. A hell of a scanning, but, damn, it's among the best "pop art" picture i've ever done ! And the girls, where so crazy and so cool !
Very nice aurele!

You might like to try one of the Rollei red/nightbird films, they kind of have that effect in your shot.

Rollei Nightbird 800 ISO Color Negative Film 35mm x 36 exposures | Freestyle Photographic Supplies

Rollei Redbird 400 ISO Color Negative Film 35mm x 36 exposure | Freestyle Photographic Supplies

Phil.
11-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #7785
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
Some pictures from my recent roll of film.
SV, Fuji C200.

Great series! (Hope the cat is ok, it looks like it's kinda in rough shape.)

Phil.