Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2015, 08:53 PM - 1 Like   #10726
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cuthbert Quote
Some shots of the Christmas period I've taken with my Leica M5:
Good interesting pictures there. Here are some I just got back, taken with my original 1977 Pentax MX M50/1.7 on Ektar 100.
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]This last one has no PP at all, and only minor on the others.

01-11-2015, 09:42 PM - 6 Likes   #10727
Veteran Member

Here are a few taken with my Zone VI 4x5 camera this weekend. Shot on Foma 200 film and dev'd in Pyrocat MC.

Tower of Babel - Garden of the Gods

Garden of the Gods - Looking South

Kindergarten Rock in the Distance

Last edited by Colorado CJ; 01-11-2015 at 09:52 PM.
01-11-2015, 09:50 PM   #10728
Veteran Member

Looking at some of the pics that Edmond took. Very Interesting, these color photos. I'm taken by the ones in which Agva Vista was used. I just googled it, and come to find out, this is some pretty cheap negative film. Looks great too. Good saturation. Agfa's New Super Uniform Fine Grain Technology appears to do a good job at keeping grain under control, too.

I'm gonna have to stock up on some of this. Edmond, have you ever had a chance to compare it with Portra 160? Portra's much more expensive, and my current favorite print film, but I'm willing to give other ones a try in the interrest of keeping costs under control. And I guess that Fujicolor 100 you shot was from a roll you've been saving, eh? It's NLA, far as I can figure out.

Last edited by cooltouch; 01-11-2015 at 10:14 PM.
01-11-2015, 10:59 PM   #10729
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
Here are a few taken with my Zone VI 4x5 camera this weekend. Shot on Foma 200 film and dev'd in Pyrocat MC.

Stunning detail in these shots, well done!

Phil.

---------- Post added 01-11-15 at 10:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Good interesting pictures there. Here are some I just got back, taken with my original 1977 Pentax MX M50/1.7 on Ektar 100.
QuoteOriginally posted by edmundrt Quote
Scanning a few rolls that just came back from the lab...

SPF, pre-set Takumar 105/2.8. Agfa Vista 200
Nice series guys!

Phil.

01-12-2015, 02:28 AM   #10730
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
I'm taken by the ones in which Agva Vista was used. I just googled it, and come to find out, this is some pretty cheap negative film.
I think the current Agfa Vista film is repackaged Fujicolor, certainly the codes on the negatives suggest that, so it's pretty reliable. It's a good film, best used in sunlight and then post-processed gently after scanning. Its main advantage, as you know, is that it's cheap - here in the UK some everything for a pound shops sell it, and when I need CN film I tend to stock up on it unless I need something special. Unfortunately I haven't been able to compare it with Portra, because I just haven't got round to trying Portra yet - I've only been doing this film photography lark for a year now. It's on my to-do list. Someone else will probably be able to tell you more, but I imagine there are key differences between them that would make them good candidates for different applications.

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
I guess that Fujicolor 100 you shot was from a roll you've been saving, eh? It's NLA, far as I can figure out.
I bought the Fujicolor 100 in Japan last April, where it's still available. Sadly it's pretty much unobtainable in Europe and presumably the USA, and Superia 100 has been completely discontinued. I did have a few rolls of that which I managed to pick up on fleabay - they were expired but well stored and gave really nice results. When I want 100ISO colour film and don't want the expense of Ektar 100, I tend to use Lomography's own-brand 100CN, which is pretty good.

Also, I absolutely love your old photos of Japan - I'm studying for a degree in Japanese at the moment and I go there whenever I can myself. Delightfully evocative and nostalgic pictures, good work!

Here are a few taken with my Zone VI 4x5 camera this weekend.
Gorgeous, gorgeous detail. I love it.

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Nice series guys!

Phil.
Thanks Phil!
01-12-2015, 04:25 AM   #10731
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by edmundrt Quote
I bought the Fujicolor 100 in Japan last April, where it's still available. Sadly it's pretty much unobtainable in Europe and presumably the USA, and Superia 100 has been completely discontinued. I did have a few rolls of that which I managed to pick up on fleabay - they were expired but well stored and gave really nice results. When I want 100ISO colour film and don't want the expense of Ektar 100, I tend to use Lomography's own-brand 100CN, which is pretty good.
I have recently found a small shop in Madrid which has a supply of expired Fujicolor 100 in rolls of 24 so I've bought a few there and have most of them in my freezer. I get them for €2.50 a roll. It seems to be fine despite having been stored at room temperature, which can be quite high in Madrid. It's quite nice stuff, I certainly like it more than the Ektar I've used.
01-12-2015, 09:16 AM   #10732
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

I like old ruins.
I like the old ruins too. Where were these taken?

---------- Post added 01-12-15 at 11:19 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
This last one has no PP at all, and only minor on the others.
Great job and it certainly looks like you achieved good color balance on these.

---------- Post added 01-12-15 at 11:22 AM ----------

Beautifully seen and executed! The last two looks like it has a sepia tone added to them.

01-12-2015, 12:20 PM - 1 Like   #10733
Veteran Member

Zenza Bronica S2
Zenzanon MC 80/2.4
Kodak Ektar 100
Epson V500
01-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #10734
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
I like the old ruins too. Where were these taken?[COLOR="Silver"]
It's a place called "Borghetto sul Mincio", on the border between what used to be Austrian Lombardy and the Repubblic of Venice. Being strategically placed on a ford the Lombard fortified it in the XIIth Century and since them all in the important battles in Northern Italy had been fought there. If I remember correctly Napolen scored a big victory there in 1796.

However I've never seen so many walls in such a little place, the village almost looks like an onion, this is the main gate:

The outer walls are gone, as you see.

This is the inner gate, I was a little drunk when I took it I assume:

This is the famous bridge:

There also a medieval castle on the top of the hill dominating the valley:

And a windmill, I have taken pics in B&W with the M3 but they aren't ready yet. However, it's a nice place to visit and to take pics if you're interested in architecture, here there is a Colton-picture I found on wikipedia (but I and Colton would have done better! )

01-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #10735
Veteran Member

great B&W photos! I especially like the last one...

Does anyone have any examples of film shot with the FA limited's?

I am planning to shoot a roll of Tri-X with the 31, 43 and the 77 on the K1000..... really looking forward to seeing what these lenses can do FF on film.

My K1000 with the FA31 limited pictured
01-12-2015, 11:33 PM   #10736

QuoteOriginally posted by peterjcb Quote
some of my photos shot in the mid-seventies in Europe...all scanned from either slides or negatives...Kodachrome II (25ASA) or Tri-X (400ASA)...I'm showing my age
I love the two portraits. They really look great.

---------- Post added 01-12-15 at 10:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Terrific photos all. The first transported me back to the era (which I confess to missing).
...you and me both....simpler and safer times to live and travel in... :/
Given all that happened in that decade, it's amazing we can say that now. I miss the 70's too.
01-13-2015, 12:37 AM   #10737
Veteran Member

Some shots from a recent HP5+ roll pushed 1 stop. Z1p + SMC-M 35-70 f2.8-3.5 x-posted

Last edited by manntax; 01-14-2015 at 07:07 AM.
01-13-2015, 12:26 PM - 1 Like   #10738
Veteran Member

great B&W photos! I especially like the last one...

Does anyone have any examples of film shot with the FA limited's?

I am planning to shoot a roll of Tri-X with the 31, 43 and the 77 on the K1000..... really looking forward to seeing what these lenses can do FF on film.

My K1000 with the FA31 limited pictured
Nice kit
I have a 43 Ltd and shot a good amount of film with it.

This was shot wide open on Ektar.

01-13-2015, 03:42 PM - 1 Like   #10739

QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
Some shots from a recent HP5+ roll pushed 1 stop. Z1p + SMC-M 35-70 f2.8-3.5 x-posted
I like the third a lot.
01-13-2015, 06:45 PM - 1 Like   #10740
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Nice kit
I have a 43 Ltd and shot a good amount of film with it.

This was shot wide open on Ektar.

Very, very nice, luscious color and great composition.