SMC Pentax-FA J 18-35mm
Fujichrome 64T xpro'd
Epson V500
02-25-2017, 04:51 AM - 4 Likes   #14778
Pentaxian

02-25-2017, 12:18 PM   #14779
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
Indeed very nice. I've a very good friend whom I traveled with quite a bit who is from Bremen. Welcome.

---------- Post added 02-23-17 at 02:22 PM ----------

A little bit of stille nacht, Christmas eve, LX auto-metering.

Pentax LX | FA 31/1.8 | Superia 800
Wonderful!

02-25-2017, 04:50 PM   #14780
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nice one! Nice. Hey Andrew - I asked this on your Flickr as well but I'll post it here too - I've been meaning to ask you: what do you use for camera and shot detail info for EXIF. Is all of that info hand inputted I see here? And if so what's your workflow?

ISO, film, camera and sometimes lens is the most I can muster with AnalogExif workflow. Just curious if you're doing something easier or if you're just that dedicated to notes!
My workflow consists largely of a notebook and the Lightroom LensTagger plugin. (I've never tried AnalogExif, so can't say how it compares.)

Dedication to the former varies from extremely good [location, date, time, & exposure settings for each shot; mostly this is the case for 6x6 cameras, or where I take multiple shots of one scene with different settings] to not very. I found one roll in my current notebook that consists entirely of the following "AE-1, Natura 1600 — Jan 7: FD 50/1.4 & 28/2.8".

Basically: every time I get a new lens, camera, or film that I'm likely to use more than once, I create a LensTagger preset to make it easier to use in the future & to keep my EXIF consistent.

When I get my scans, I use the presets to fairly quickly save the camera & film to all of them in one go using LensTagger. If I was using mainly a single lens throughout the entire roll, I save that info in this step as well.

Then I go through and add the aperture & shutter speed where I happened to note down either of them. (And, if I was using a lot of lenses, this is where I add the lens as well.)

It probably takes about 5-10 minutes depending on the length of the roll, though I expect it would take longer if I was doing my own scans rather than just receiving a batch of images all at once. The main problem is just remembering to jot down the info in the first place. Particularly for 36 exposure rolls, where I often tend to start out with good notes and wind up with just the date, number of frames, and possibly lens by the end.

Last edited by g026r; 02-25-2017 at 04:59 PM.
02-25-2017, 10:26 PM   #14781
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
My workflow consists largely of a notebook and the Lightroom LensTagger plugin. (I've never tried AnalogExif, so can't say how it compares.)

Dedication to the former varies from extremely good [location, date, time, & exposure settings for each shot; mostly this is the case for 6x6 cameras, or where I take multiple shots of one scene with different settings] to not very. I found one roll in my current notebook that consists entirely of the following "AE-1, Natura 1600 — Jan 7: FD 50/1.4 & 28/2.8".

Basically: every time I get a new lens, camera, or film that I'm likely to use more than once, I create a LensTagger preset to make it easier to use in the future & to keep my EXIF consistent.

When I get my scans, I use the presets to fairly quickly save the camera & film to all of them in one go using LensTagger. If I was using mainly a single lens throughout the entire roll, I save that info in this step as well.

Then I go through and add the aperture & shutter speed where I happened to note down either of them. (And, if I was using a lot of lenses, this is where I add the lens as well.)

It probably takes about 5-10 minutes depending on the length of the roll, though I expect it would take longer if I was doing my own scans rather than just receiving a batch of images all at once. The main problem is just remembering to jot down the info in the first place. Particularly for 36 exposure rolls, where I often tend to start out with good notes and wind up with just the date, number of frames, and possibly lens by the end.
Very nice - thanks for that. Our flows sound very very similar really, except that I am far less diligent about the more detailed notes unless I'm testing something specific like a couple of lenses compared or a new-to-me camera, both of which are fairly rare comparatively. AnalogExif sounds pretty much the same - I've presets setup within it as well. It's stand-alone however so it all occurs pre-import into Lightroom. If I make changes or add something later I just have to do a folder sync of metadata. Honestly though, if it was a Lightroom plugin (which I've wanted) I'd be more likely to augment things as I went with more accuracy. I'll have a look at LensTagger for certain. Thanks man!

---------- Post added 02-25-17 at 09:27 PM ----------

And maybe I'll even get better at taking notes..... though I say that a lot. Empty promises.
02-26-2017, 04:32 AM   #14782
Pentaxian

02-26-2017, 05:42 PM - 1 Like   #14783
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And maybe I'll even get better at taking notes..... though I say that a lot. Empty promises.
I make some notes (which shot is which lens) when I shoot, but usually not the aperture or shutter speed. If I'm doing some very detailed testing where I need the aperture/shutter speed noted, then I use my favourite APP called "wife" version 1.0. It usually just costs me lunch so it's not free, but it never needs updating!

Phil.
02-26-2017, 07:00 PM - 5 Likes   #14784
Veteran Member

Film shots in general since it doesn't have to be a Pentax.

Some of my most recent ones (mostly with rangefinders), messing with some expired film that I compensated for.

Next two are Kodalith 4x5 on a Calumet Cadet View Camera

Some expired Kodak P3200 printed onto some Agfa Brovira 5x7 paper that expired in 1957.

Some older film stuff.

Printed onto some Ansco Cykora Y2 Silk Double Weight Fiber Based (Also Expired in 1957 like the Agfa stuff I have) shot off the Mamiya C3 medium format TLR with a 65mm lens.

Canon EOS-1 with a Canon 50/1.8 Mk III and Kodak Portra 400VC

Crown Graphic 4x5 with a 137mm Optar on Polaroid 669

Tri-X 400 in a Mamiya RB67 medium format SLR.

A full frame scan off two half frames shot with an Olympus Pen-FT onto Ilford FP4+ with the Olympus 38mm f/1.8

Some expired (1970s) Kodak Verichrome Pan in a Mamiya RB67.

02-26-2017, 10:19 PM - 4 Likes   #14785
Pentaxian

Pentax MX | SMC Takumar 50/f1.4 | Portra 400

---------- Post added 02-27-2017 at 04:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kb244 Quote
Film shots in general since it doesn't have to be a Pentax.

Some of my most recent ones (mostly with rangefinders), messing with some expired film that I compensated for.
There's some remarkable work in that bunch!
02-27-2017, 01:39 AM   #14786
Veteran Member

Looks like you might have a light seal going out.
02-27-2017, 02:58 AM   #14787
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cooltouch Quote
Looks like you might have a light seal going out.
Kind of cool looking for color if you position which side it is just right. But I concur. :P
02-27-2017, 03:29 AM   #14788
Pentaxian

02-27-2017, 12:49 PM - 4 Likes   #14789

Pentax LX
Pentax-M 28mm 3.5
Fomapan 100
Rodinal 1+50, 8:30 min
Plustek Opticfilm 7400

Pentax LX
Pentax-M 28mm 3.5
Fomapan 100 at 80
Rodinal 1+50, 8:30 min
Plustek Opticfilm 7400
02-27-2017, 03:11 PM   #14790
Pentaxian

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try LensTagger. At the moment, I try to put this info as keywords. But would rather have to equipment info as EXIF and info about the image keyworded.