Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 43141 Likes Search this Thread
10-11-2020, 10:48 AM - 5 Likes   #21421
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This image is of a ratty old hotel called 'The Burren Mount' in Salthill just outside of Galway. Nobody has stayed there for at least 10 years, but the owner refuses to part with it.

This is my first attempt at a low-light shot with the Lubitel on a monopod using HP5 and the lens wide open (f/4.5) for 1/30 sec. It's a bit blurry, but I still like it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SP-3000  Photo 
10-11-2020, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #21422
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Early morning Tai Chi: (Gold 200)

Phil.
10-12-2020, 01:12 AM - 1 Like   #21423

QuoteOriginally posted by photocles Quote
This image is of a ratty old hotel called 'The Burren Mount' in Salthill just outside of Galway. Nobody has stayed there for at least 10 years, but the owner refuses to part with it.
Has anyone actually tried to book in there recently? I mean if it was night, and you were desperate...
10-12-2020, 02:18 AM - 1 Like   #21424
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Russell W. Barnes Quote
Has anyone actually tried to book in there recently?
I think the only 'bookings' they are receiving are from small, four-footed 'guests' with long tails and whiskers. The place would be a great set for a haunted house or a slasher flick.

It's got busted windows out back and I've not seen a single person there in about 5 years, so I think it's fully closed to guests now.

10-12-2020, 03:35 AM - 1 Like   #21425
Pentaxian

10-12-2020, 10:31 AM - 1 Like   #21426
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photocles Quote
The place would be a great set for a haunted house or a slasher flick.
I was thinking something like the film "Identity"...

Steve
10-12-2020, 12:42 PM - 7 Likes   #21427
Veteran Member

September 2011
Near Wasilla, Alaska.

Pentax Spotmatic SPII
S-M-C Takumar 28/3.5
Expired Kodak Gold 400
Epson V750

10-12-2020, 11:45 PM - 9 Likes   #21428
Veteran Member

Howdy y'all. Haven't been around much lately but...
Got married to my longtime love back on the 18th September.... 2020 was going to bend to our will and not the other way around. There were many postponements over the past few years for a number of different reasons, most of them unfortunate and this time we finally decided it would just be our closest family and we'd get this thing done, finally, at long last. Not what we wished for; many were missed, but it was a certain kind of perfect nonetheless.
Most of my photo plans went out the window for the most part as well. All who were there for our tiny gathering were encouraged to smartphone snap away, and those photos shot on film were mostly done by my now sister-in-law; I loaded the 67ii and Pentax MZ-S with whatever I felt like that morning, preset the compensation as best I could think based on all the backlight and constantly changing cloud-cover, and handed her the giant beast and said "good luck!". She's a great eye and it all turned out fantastic, if a tad underexposed and shaky at times... but then, that's pretty much how this year has been. We're happy. These are just a couple of my favorites from the day.

P67ii | 75/4.5 | Konica Centuria 400 Pro

MZ-S | FA31/1.8 | Delta 400 +2

10-13-2020, 02:05 AM - 1 Like   #21429
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Eyewanders Quote
Got married to my longtime love back on the 18th September.... 2020 was going to bend to our will and not the other way around. There were many postponements over the past few years for a number of different reasons, most of them unfortunate and this time we finally decided it would just be our closest family and we'd get this thing done, finally, at long last. Not what we wished for; many were missed, but it was a certain kind of perfect nonetheless.
Most of my photo plans went out the window for the most part as well. All who were there for our tiny gathering were encouraged to smartphone snap away, and those photos shot on film were mostly done by my now sister-in-law; I loaded the 67ii and Pentax MZ-S with whatever I felt like that morning, preset the compensation as best I could think based on all the backlight and constantly changing cloud-cover, and handed her the giant beast and said "good luck!". She's a great eye and it all turned out fantastic, if a tad underexposed and shaky at times... but then, that's pretty much how this year has been. We're happy. These are just a couple of my favorites from the day.

Congrats!

---------- Post added 13-10-20 at 11:07 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Another from my 2011 trip to Alaska...

September 2011
Near Talkeetna, Alaska.

Pentax Spotmatic SPII
SMC Takumar 50/1.4
Expired Kodak Gold 100
Epson V750
Gorgeous
10-13-2020, 03:12 AM - 1 Like   #21430
Pentaxian

Got married to my longtime love back on the 18th September....
Congratulations! Nice photos too.
10-13-2020, 04:20 AM - 5 Likes   #21431
Pentaxian

Tri-X 1985
10-13-2020, 10:47 AM - 1 Like   #21432
Veteran Member

Love this post!
Congratulations my friend.
The photos you posted look great, and it looks like it was a beautiful wedding.
10-13-2020, 11:57 AM - 1 Like   #21433
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Love this post!
Congratulations my friend.
The photos you posted look great, and it looks like it was a beautiful wedding.
Thank you, friend. It was about effing time.
10-13-2020, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #21434
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I am so happy for you both and for you taking the time to share your happiness here. I'm smiling all over.

Steve
10-13-2020, 12:29 PM   #21435
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I am so happy for you both and for you taking the time to share your happiness here. I'm smiling all over.
And thanks to you too, friend.