Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2009, 11:25 AM   #181
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
For the unlikely but possible risk that all my digital back ups would be erased I'm trying to shoot enough pictures of my daughters on film to have some safe memories for the future.

Pentax Super A, Cosina A 28mm f2.8 (plastic lens but optically quite OK)
She like to drive her own shoping cart, and nowadays she does not bump into too many old ladies...

I meant to comment on this yesterday, but got distracted...Simply put, while there are many great images here, this is my favorite photograph of this entire thread..I only wish it where mine

03-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #182
Banned

Ricoh 500 GX:
03-20-2009, 11:27 AM   #183
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm loath to post this, though it's got an entertaining story to it. Reason? I forget what film I was using - I don't always tag my flickr photos with the film. Probably one of the Kodak consumer ASA400 films. So this doesn't contribute of 'this film looks like this'...

Two stories actually.

How I got this photo - I have my brother in law's Konica to hang the Vivitar on, and was out driving around NJ one morning. I'd just got back in the car when I saw the woodchuck, squirrels and birds gorging on the crab apples. I pull over and shoot through the passenger window.

How I got the lens.

So I was at the camera show, and there was this nice Vivitar 200mm 'KA' mount. Looked sort of reasonable, the lens had a stop for 'EE' which I took for Vivitar's version of the Pentax 'A'. And talking to the guy, he was going in the Pentax direction, though pointed out there weren't any contacts on the lens... I figured, worst case I'd do the stop down thing.

Both our minds farted. But he sold it to me for $20.

At home, it becomes clear this isn't a Pentax mount... but I mount the damn thing anyway, damnit. Won't focus to infinity, but here at 20 feet, a nice cat.

It metered just fine, and if it only focused even to 100 feet, this Frankenstein would be viable.
(Please excuse this digital photo on a film thread; it's just to prove a Konica lens can mount on a Pentax and produce a photograph)

Since then I've ended up with another Vivitar 200mm f/3.5, this one a T4 mount so now I can use it on Pentax cameras.
03-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #184
Veteran Member

Ektachrome of some speed

Digitally enhanced a bit.. which is actually unavoidable since all images must be scanned anyways).
Pentax, either a spotmatic (first image) or a superprogram. Lens unknown but most are probably Tamron 90 for all but the first one which was
probably an old Vivitar 50mm Macro.
all ancient...1979 =/- a few years
Hmmm.. needs more work but what the heck..

A few more:

Sample of my 3d "phase".

Last edited by jeffkrol; 03-20-2009 at 11:52 AM.
03-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #185
Banned

My wife at 50; Nikon F Nikkor 50mm 1.4:

My son at 5; Nikon Photomic FTn Nikkor 50mm 1.4:
03-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #186
Banned

My son at 12 with his mother; Nikon Photomic FTn Nikkor 1.4:
03-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #187
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
There you go again with another adhomien attack... To ''me'' those images did show the beauty of film. Maybe not to your perfect high standards, but to me they do...
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Thanks Douglas..I thought the same thing at first until I went back and saw that the pot that called the kettle black was posing with his child (family photo) and since I knew that was not my child, I hoped it was not my wife
I hate to correct you twice in one post, but firstly, I have never posted any image of myself and my child on the forum. How could I? I only post pictures that I myself have taken. And secondly, an ad hominen attack is one in which the man is tackled, not the argument. Another word for it, which you may find easier to spell, is name-calling. Javier, I have never called you anything other than the name your parents gave you.

Contrary to your assumption, I have no objection to family photographs. That would be absurd. I do think one should think twice before posting, for example, blurry old photos of ones wife in a leotard. However, there is one area in which we are in agreement: a family snaps thread might be a good idea. I suppose it would be an even better idea if there weren't already a section of the gallery set aside for just that purpose.

Last edited by artobest; 03-20-2009 at 02:00 PM.
03-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #188
Veteran Member

Ummm ... hang on a minute everyone.

The thread title says "Let's see those film shots" ... It didn't say "let's see your film shots that have been accepted into PPG".

I don't really mind/care on what sort of shot that is taken .... I just want to see what everyone has submitted ... regardless of subject matter. If it is film ... POST IT HERE.

I guess if people don't like what has been uploaded/submitted ... DON'T VIEW IT ... go to another thread ... and leave everyone else in this thread (that has been enjoying the content) alone.
03-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #189
Veteran Member

"Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud, hatch out."

And so they have.

Javier, Douglas, and others, I liked your family photos. I am sincerely sorry that you are taking such abuse.

Attribued to Emperor Claudius I, "I, Claudius : From the Autobiography of Tiberius Claudius, Born 10 B.C., Murdered and Deified A.D. 54 (Vintage International) (1989). ISBN 067972477X

Last edited by MikeW; 03-20-2009 at 03:04 PM.
03-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #190
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by artobest Quote
I hate to correct you twice in one post, but firstly, I have never posted any image of myself and my child on the forum. How could I? I only post pictures that I myself have taken. And secondly, an ad hominen attack is one in which the man is tackled, not the argument. Another word for it, which you may find easier to spell, is name-calling. Javier, I have never called you anything other than the name your parents gave you.

Contrary to your assumption, I have no objection to family photographs. That would be absurd. I do think one should think twice before posting, for example, blurry old photos of ones wife in a leotard. However, there is one area in which we are in agreement: a family snaps thread might be a good idea. I suppose it would be an even better idea if there weren't already a section of the gallery set aside for just that purpose.
Yes, you are right and the rest of us are wrong....
03-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #191
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
Ummm ... hang on a minute everyone.

The thread title says "Let's see those film shots" ... It didn't say "let's see your film shots that have been accepted into PPG".

I don't really mind/care on what sort of shot that is taken .... I just want to see what everyone has submitted ... regardless of subject matter. If it is film ... POST IT HERE.

I guess if people don't like what has been uploaded/submitted ... DON'T VIEW IT ... go to another thread ... and leave everyone else in this thread (that has been enjoying the content) alone.
Thank you very much. My feelings exactly.
03-20-2009, 05:20 PM   #192
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeW Quote
"Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud, hatch out."

And so they have.

Javier, Douglas, and others, I liked your family photos. I am sincerely sorry that you are taking such abuse.

Attribued to Emperor Claudius I, "I, Claudius : From the Autobiography of Tiberius Claudius, Born 10 B.C., Murdered and Deified A.D. 54 (Vintage International) (1989). ISBN 067972477X
Hey Mike, Thank you for the kind words..They are much appreciated...
03-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #193
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Kodak BW400CN.
03-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #194
Veteran Member

Fuji Reala ISO 100, Pentax 67 w/90mm f/2.8

Last edited by Shashinki; 03-20-2009 at 06:10 PM.
03-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #195
Veteran Member

Hi,

Here are some from my film cameras.

Regrads,