Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2009, 10:20 PM   #736
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Hi Guys.
I posted this in the street thread, but wanted to post it here also.

Here is perhaps one of my most favorite captures. I took this On Monday while packing my gear to go home. I looked out the back window of my truck anD there it was. A perfectly framed image that shows the joy of a couple in love

I took this with my Spotmatic SP2, super tak 35F/3.5 and Ilford XP-2 400 film.
Nice composition, nice timing= Very nice shot!!!!

Cheers,

Luc

06-05-2009, 01:11 AM   #737
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Guys.

Here is perhaps one of my most favorite captures. I took this On Monday while packing my gear to go home. I looked out the back window of my truck anD there it was. A perfectly framed image that shows the joy of a couple in love

Awesome shot!
06-05-2009, 01:16 AM   #738

here a shot from 645 w/ 45mm of my friend's phone store...its actually part of my first (and only so far) roll w/ the 645.

06-05-2009, 02:38 AM   #739
Veteran Member

Hi Guys.

As far as street goes, KILLER SHOT! Nice work.

06-05-2009, 05:19 AM   #740
Veteran Member

More Rollei Retro

06-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #741
Site Supporter

I am a sucker for rail road shots!
06-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #742
Inactive Account

We went out to the Cabrillo National Monument last weekend. It was cloudy, windy, lots of dust blowing through the air, and a constant drizzle - I am sure that was because I brought the camera along.

I went up in the old Point Loma Lighthouse early in the morning and they had the original keeper's bedroom behind glass. I was the only person there besides a ranger and I... "accidentally" hit the light switch and managed to get one shot off with the SP before getting my scolding from the helpful ranger. Close to what I was trying to get but not exactly...

Once again the 28 year expired Plus-X in the SP1000 with the 55mm 1:2 lens

06-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #743
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CGJung Quote
Talking about the right moment, the right place and the right exposure...!!! WOW!!

I like the grains, too.
QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
Nice composition, nice timing= Very nice shot!!!!

Cheers,

Luc
QuoteOriginally posted by Agnostic Quote
Awesome shot!
QuoteOriginally posted by Mountain Vision Quote
As far as street goes, KILLER SHOT! Nice work.

Thanks Guys. I am going to have it printed and I am going to put it in my office.
Not often I take a picture that ''I'' really like.
06-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #744
Veteran Member

Hi Guys.

Javier, that's what I call a Classic shot. Wow...

The only thing that bothers me is the bright seatbelt clamp. I would clone it out, print the photo at 12x18 and hang it on a wall where everyone will see it. I might also retire from photography after that
06-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #745
Veteran Member

I botched the focus on this one (the first pumpkin is blurry), but I still like it. Taken with an MX + FA 20mm f/2.8 (yay for Pentax compatibility). Film used was lowly Kodak CN400BW, developed and scanned at a drugstore, hence the tonal suckage (blame the tools! ).

06-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #746
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
I botched the focus on this one (the first pumpkin is blurry), but I still like it. Taken with an MX + FA 20mm f/2.8 (yay for Pentax compatibility). Film used was lowly Kodak CN400BW, developed and scanned at a drugstore, hence the tonal suckage (blame the tools! ).
I like it, Halloween is one of my favorite days since I can scare the poo out of little children and not get in any trouble...

I have to turn on the "Chiller" channel while I am cleaning the house now...
06-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #747
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rustyoldbug Quote
We went out to the Cabrillo National Monument last weekend. It was cloudy, windy, lots of dust blowing through the air, and a constant drizzle - I am sure that was because I brought the camera along.

I went up in the old Point Loma Lighthouse early in the morning and they had the original keeper's bedroom behind glass. I was the only person there besides a ranger and I... "accidentally" hit the light switch and managed to get one shot off with the SP before getting my scolding from the helpful ranger. Close to what I was trying to get but not exactly...

Once again the 28 year expired Plus-X in the SP1000 with the 55mm 1:2 lens
Nice moody shot.

Still funny and I don't mind the flat tones so much on this shot, fits with the light subject matter.

Home developed expired C-41 color film from an unknown manufacturer. Messing with the development temperatures on C-41 films can result in some very interesting (and beautiful) color shifts!

06-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #748
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Agnostic Quote
Messing with the development temperatures on C-41 films can result in some very interesting (and beautiful) color shifts!
No kidding! The last shot makes for a very pleasing abstract. I have a few expired CN400BW rolls on the shelf (should probably put them in the fridge or freezer). I should experiment with home developing and see how that goes.
06-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #749
Veteran Member

No kidding! The last shot makes for a very pleasing abstract. I have a few expired CN400BW rolls on the shelf (should probably put them in the fridge or freezer). I should experiment with home developing and see how that goes.
Thanks! I haven't tried any c-41 b&w film. I prefer silver. Also easier and cheaper to develop at home. I'm curious what you can do with the c-41 b&w when you adjust the temps on those though.
I have more film than food in my fridge at the moment

06-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #750
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

K1000 Pentax 100-300mm @300mm with f5.6 Fuji NPS160

I just thought I'd share the photo that almost made it into Reader's Digest.
Attached Images