Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 43116 Likes Search this Thread
02-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #2176
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
What a superb series, atmosphere in spades... it's hard to pick a favorite, maybe #5 for the line of white buoys (?) but 1,3,4 three kill also. Not that the others are any slouches...
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Don't know how it compares to the 3.5, but the M28/2.8 was the lens used for my TMX 100 shot, above.
QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Agnostic, nice to see you posting (and shooting with an ME Super again). Looking at your photos is always an education in B&W. Did you get your old ME Super fixed or is this a new camera? Also, see your shooting the M28, f2.8. I have the f3.5. Do you know if there's a lot of difference between the two? (and don't say "half a stop <g>")

Best,
Kevin

P. S. That Tri-X doesn't look any the worse for its age. Thinking about age a lot as tomorrow's my father's 73rd Birthday.
Thanks! I found a replacement for my broken ME Super together with that M 28/2.8 for a price I could not resist. In fact I also bought an MX and a Z1 last week for prices I could not resist.

The difference between the M28/2.8 and 28/3.5, to be exact, is 2/3 of a stop!

I don't know how they compare though, never owned the M 28/3.5. I do have the Takumar S-M-C 28/3.5 and the Super Takumar 28/3.5 which may or may not be of similar design to the M 28/3.5 but I have not shot with either of those 28's enough to really compare. The Taks I have only shot once each on digital and the M 28 only on the two rolls of b&w film shown above.

The Tri-X is in fact quite horid It's only because these scenes have a very small dynamic range and because I used Noiseware Pro on the scans that they look more or less presentable.

Fuji Provia 400X, Rolleicord Vb:

Last edited by Agnostic; 02-07-2010 at 12:54 PM.
02-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #2177
Inactive Account

Mr Agnostic Sir, the tones in your Provia+Rolleicord shots are nothing but amazing! I do love your b&w's, but your color work rocks too
02-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #2178
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Pentax MX, TMX 100
great light and textures and mood!
02-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #2179
Veteran Member

Agnostic,
those Provia 400X shots are great. Love the colors.
I have a roll of older Provia 400 in my MX right now, can't hardly wait to see how it tuns out.

Swift1

02-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #2180
Veteran Member

I think these sort of qualify as "film" shots
I picked this up at the local Goodwill for 99 cents,Unopened. Couldn't pass it up.
Not really sure what I'm gonna do with it, it's 20 years old now and I doubt if it was kept frozen. I'm not even sure if they still process this stuff.

Swift1
02-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #2181
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Agnostic Quote
Thanks! I found a replacement for my broken ME Super together with that M 28/2.8 for a price I could not resist. In fact I also bought an MX and a Z1 last week for prices I could not resist.
I just had the same problem with a Spotmatic SPII and a Super Program/Super A. The prices were so good, I just had to buy them. Glad we're all finding some good deals on both sides of the Atlantic.

The difference between the M28/2.8 and 28/3.5, to be exact, is 2/3 of a stop!
Math never was my strong suit...and I probably had that one coming

I don't know how they compare though, never owned the M 28/3.5. I do have the Takumar S-M-C 28/3.5 and the Super Takumar 28/3.5 which may or may not be of similar design to the M 28/3.5 but I have not shot with either of those 28's enough to really compare. The Taks I have only shot once each on digital and the M 28 only on the two rolls of b&w film shown above.
I have a copy of the Super Takumar 28 f3.5, but I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. It's one of the reasons I bought the SPII - to take advantage of some of the Takumars I got with my SV (which is still waiting for me to send it out and have the mirror unstuck and the shutter repaired).

The Tri-X is in fact quite horid It's only because these scenes have a very small dynamic range and because I used Noiseware Pro on the scans that they look more or less presentable.
I just finished ran a roll of expired Konica DNP through a Canon AE-1 that was nowhere near 25 yrs out of date, but the color shift was so heinous, I converted the whole roll to B&W. By comparison, that Tri-X looks pure as the driven snow.

Your Provia shots are a real treat, too. At some point I'm going to have to insist that my father part with his Rolleicord; I want a bite at that apple.

Best,
Kevin
02-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #2182
Inactive Account

Gene, thanks for commenting. Saw you mention Acros over in the Medium Format forum- I'll keep my eyes peeled for your pics over there. The Agfapan 25 above is wild.

Jeff, I was out at my folks yesterday and on their mantle is a shot of my grandfather with my nephew (his great-grandson) taken shortly before he passed. Your shot reminded me of it. There is something indescribably profound about seeing the very old and the very young frozen together in time. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm missing my grandfather, too.
Thank you..

QuoteQuote:

Best to all,
Kevin

02-08-2010, 02:59 AM   #2183
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MeFirstO Quote
Mr Agnostic Sir, the tones in your Provia+Rolleicord shots are nothing but amazing! I do love your b&w's, but your color work rocks too
Thank you very much Sir

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Agnostic,
those Provia 400X shots are great. Love the colors.
I have a roll of older Provia 400 in my MX right now, can't hardly wait to see how it tuns out.

Swift1
Thanks! I really like the colors of the Provia 400X especially the blues.

I just had the same problem with a Spotmatic SPII and a Super Program/Super A. The prices were so good, I just had to buy them. Glad we're all finding some good deals on both sides of the Atlantic.

Math never was my strong suit...and I probably had that one coming

I have a copy of the Super Takumar 28 f3.5, but I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. It's one of the reasons I bought the SPII - to take advantage of some of the Takumars I got with my SV (which is still waiting for me to send it out and have the mirror unstuck and the shutter repaired).

I just finished ran a roll of expired Konica DNP through a Canon AE-1 that was nowhere near 25 yrs out of date, but the color shift was so heinous, I converted the whole roll to B&W. By comparison, that Tri-X looks pure as the driven snow.

Your Provia shots are a real treat, too. At some point I'm going to have to insist that my father part with his Rolleicord; I want a bite at that apple.

Best,
Kevin
I actually like that shot, the grain almost looks like fabric, as if the image has been painted on silk, like they do with Japanese scroll paintings.

And get your hands on that Rolleicord! I love mine to bits. It's just such a different feel shooting through a TLR finder.
The Schneider Xenar lens I have on mine is just fantastic, though I hear the Zeiss Tessars are very similar in look and quality. It's also great to use a TLR for street shooting, people feel less aware when you are looking down instead of pointing a lens and looking straight at them.

The only bad thing about them is that I now want a Rolleiflex with a Schneider Xenotar...

Rolleicord Vb, Rollei Retro 100 developed in Rodinal 1:50 :

02-08-2010, 05:36 AM   #2184
Veteran Member

Man, pages of terrific shots here again. I have nothing to offer, although I would have two more rolls of Neopan 1600 I should develop.

I bought a liter of Tetenal Colortec, but the shelf life is so bad I'm going to shoot all of my 15 rolls of colour film and then develop the lot all at once. That might take a long while.
02-08-2010, 07:10 AM   #2185
Inactive Account

Really clear grain. Nice job. Pro shop dipped?
02-08-2010, 07:31 AM   #2186
Veteran Member

Agnostic, photo #1 - I fell in it, visually, really fantastic depth and air
02-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #2187
Veteran Member

A bit impressionistic... a magnolia bud in the morning sun. A 150/3.5, P 645, Delta 100 in Fomadon Excel (Xtol) straight, Epson 4490.

02-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #2188
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaddyLuna Quote
Really clear grain. Nice job. Pro shop dipped?
I suppose you mean my Rolleicord shots? They were home developed. Of course it helps that it's medium format.

Agnostic, photo #1 - I fell in it, visually, really fantastic depth and air
A bit impressionistic... a magnolia bud in the morning sun. A 150/3.5, P 645, Delta 100 in Fomadon Excel (Xtol) straight, Epson 4490.

Thanks, I was quite happy with that shot too.
I like the impressionistic shot!

More Rollei Retro 100 (Agfa APX) in Rodinal (not sure whether this was 1:50 or 1:100 stand, I did two of each on four rolls 120) from the Rolleicord Vb:

02-09-2010, 04:37 AM   #2189

Hey everybody, I'm new to the forum and new to Pentax's as well, so I thought I would introduce myself by posting some of my film shots.

I started shooting for the first time about 5-6 months ago on my dad's old Canon A-1, but I've just happily purchased some Pentax equipment.

The photo's here are all from the Canon, I have not had the chance to develop and scan and Pentax shots yet, but please tell me what you think, and give me some feedback.

All shots on Canon A-1 with either Canon 50mm 1.4, Canon 35-70mm 3.5-4.5 or Vivitar 75-205mm 3.8. All shots are on Velvia 50, except for the basketball shot which is on cheap Fuji 400.

02-09-2010, 04:43 AM   #2190
Veteran Member

Pepijn, the last one in that set is breathtaking! I wish I had it on my wall. Also, Jesse, nice portraits there, but I especially like the sunset shot with the building and the second abstract shot after that.