Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 43060 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #2521
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Portland Pete Quote
+1

Great work, ISO50. I love the shot from Riverplace south.
Thank You!

David

03-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #2522
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
While we are posting color shots from travel around our state, here is an oldie, on an emulsion that kept medium format at bay for me. New Mexico in the foreground and Colorado in the background. A 16x20 ciba of another shot from this roll was on my office wall for years.

Beautiful. Love the cloud formation and detail.
03-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #2523
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
...Emulsion damage aside, exposure is the key to chomogenic BW IMHO. I'll bet that the camera or technique or both you are using for exposure is responsible for most of the difference that the other poster prefers in your shots (which are great, BTW).
<SNIP>
I can't find Reala locally, and it has only recently reappeared on line. I think it should be called Unreala, because of its saturation, but I like it.
Thanks for the warm fuzzy Gene. Beats a sharp stick in the eye any day of the week. Your landscape is absolutely fabulous.

Re the Reala...I just happen to have some here . Got a roll processed yesterday and am really happy with the results.

SuperProgram, M50 f2, Fuji Reala 100

Colors seem plenty reala <pun intended> to me; moreso than the Ektar.

Best,
Kevin
03-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #2524
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KJon Quote
Thanks for the warm fuzzy Gene. Beats a sharp stick in the eye any day of the week. Your landscape is absolutely fabulous.

Re the Reala...I just happen to have some here . Got a roll processed yesterday and am really happy with the results.

Colors seem plenty reala <pun intended> to me; moreso than the Ektar.

Best,
Kevin
Wow, these are fantastic

03-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #2525
Veteran Member

The Reala does look great. I would not say overdone.
03-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #2526
Veteran Member

Kevin, Really like the color and the detail is very crisp, definitely adding this to my next to try list! Thanks for sharing.
03-11-2010, 11:21 PM   #2527
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kevin, the Ektar and Reala shots are amazing.

Here are a few recent ones from my MZ-L. I haven't been real happy with most of the pics I've taken with the MZ-L so I did a little testing and found out that it was consistently over exposing by a full stop. Guess I should have done better testing when I first got the camera.

All these are Fuji Superia 200, MZ-L, Tamron 28-75.

Swift1

03-12-2010, 05:01 AM   #2528
Veteran Member

Agnostic, fun to see your work in color. That train station has been really fertile ground for you w/ all the glass, reflections, and people - architecture and street all rolled into one.

FlannelSpoon, really nice shots - abstract of the VW headlight is a killer shot.

Javier, Gene, David, and Swift1 - glad you liked the Reala. Woof turned me on to it and I've been hooked ever since, it's never disappointed me.

Swift1 - I know I commented on your Superia shots before (200 and 400), but I have to say again how impressed I am with what you get out of this film; I've all but given up on it, but I may have to shoot another roll (overexposing it by a stop) to see if I can come close. Loving the detail in the machine shot above. Glad you've sorted out the vagaries of your MZ-L.

Best,
Kevin

Last edited by KJon; 03-12-2010 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Wrote "underexposing" - meant to write "overexposing"
03-12-2010, 08:07 AM   #2529
Veteran Member

+1 on that KJon! and your architectural shots are just right, the detail and proportion that (for me anyway) is the point of this type of photography.

Here are a couple from the sightseeing SV and Super Tak 55/1.8. Arista Premium 400 which is rebadged Tri-X. Fomadon Excel which is an Xtol clone, undiluted. Epson 4490.

03-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #2530
Veteran Member

Speaking of archtitectural shots with the right amount of detail and proportion... . Both of these are really great. Looks like you're putting the Sightseer through its paces (and you guys did have some snow, didn't you?). First shot looks like it could be right out of a dream montage in the Sopranos <g>.

Keep those Sightseer shots coming. My SV repairs have had to wait because of my SuperProgram issues, but now I'm starting to jones to put it into service. May have to send mine on a trip to TN later in the month.

Best,
Kevin
03-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #2531
Veteran Member

Thanks... I know I posted this Sopranos view before (the Valley Landscaping water tower is in the opening credits, as Tony's driving by on this very road).

Bessa I Vaskar, Plus-X, t-max developer, through a train window

I'm handing the SV onward, this weekend or next...
03-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #2532
Veteran Member

Keep those Sightseer shots coming. My SV repairs have had to wait because of my SuperProgram issues, but now I'm starting to jones to put it into service. May have to send mine on a trip to TN later in the month.

Best,
Kevin
I just came back from the post office to send my MX on a trip to TN hopefully to get it working up to the level of the LX that just made that visit.
03-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #2533
Veteran Member

Various sources

Two different images:

Provia 100F converted in B&W

Agfa APX100

Cheers,

Luc
03-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #2534
Veteran Member

I always like the shots in this thread, and this page is no exception; very nice by everyone
Nesster - I really like the first shot you posted with the city skyline in the background.
Recently I was feeling 'adventurous' and wanted to shoot some film at my birthday, in low light. So I shot some cheap BW400CN at 1600iso for fun. Came out very very grainy, but there's some shots that I like:

Taken with ME Super, M50 f1.4 and kodak BW400CN @ 1600. Mostly at f1.4 or f2
03-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #2535
Veteran Member

I'm loving the Tri-X and M50 f1.4 combination lately, so smooth:
Lunch #1

Lunch #2