Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2009, 08:09 AM   #16
Veteran Member
Mike Cash's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Japan
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,952
Why am I not surprised to see a do-rag in that photo......

03-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #17
Pentaxian
Ratmagiclady's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,464
Sometimes, it seems like that's an atrocity to do to really classic cars.

Most of the time, though, I delightedly expect like the Cat In The Hat to step out of them. I'm not sure that's the impression one's *supposed* to get, but it's a bit of whimsy to me.
03-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #18
Ira
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,218
The other thing is, if you're so inclined, is to make a short diary/log of each of your shots, so you can later compare lenses, what you shot it at, filters, other conditions, etc.

Believe me--most people don't do it, but it's an incredible learning experience and adds another dimension to an art which you are keeping alive. And the discipline will assure you never accidentally shoot unloaded.

I used to do it and learned a LOT, except when that cheap pot got in the way and I was too lazy to do it.
03-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
dadipentak's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,073
In my experience, Photography is a never-ending series of self-administered dope-slaps, punctuated by dumb luck.

03-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #20
Junior Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 26
I did it once. When I shoot with my K1000, I'm always looking to make sure that the little button on the bottom is moving.

But I shot a whole "roll" with a Canon APS film camera - it was my wife's insistence, she didn't like messing with setting ASA, loading film, etc. The problem was that it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that my daughter had on her birthday. I wasn't familiar with the camera, and couldn't understand all the little icons. I'm sure one of them was telling me I was a doofus.

I'd trade almost any roll of film I've ever taken to have had film in that camera on that day.
03-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #21
Pentaxian
ryan s's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,370
While we're sort of on the subject of donks, this is one of my all-time favorite youtube vids YouTube - Drag Racing in the Dirty South

(Don't read the comments or turn on your speakers if you're offended by vulgarities)...
03-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #22
Veteran Member
frank's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,202
QuoteOriginally posted by cheesehead Quote
I did it once. When I shoot with my K1000, I'm always looking to make sure that the little button on the bottom is moving.

But I shot a whole "roll" with a Canon APS film camera - it was my wife's insistence, she didn't like messing with setting ASA, loading film, etc. The problem was that it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that my daughter had on her birthday. I wasn't familiar with the camera, and couldn't understand all the little icons. I'm sure one of them was telling me I was a doofus.

I'd trade almost any roll of film I've ever taken to have had film in that camera on that day.
What a pity ...

I'd make sure I'll at least have a digital camera as a back up next time on my daughter's birthday party
03-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #23
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 369
OMG! those... cars... are gross! shocking!

i haven't forgot to load my camera yet, but i had few opportunities to have camera with me, but no film in it, and of course, everywhere i turned were once-in-a-lifetime moments i just wasn't able to capture.

03-11-2009, 04:38 AM   #24
Junior Member




Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 26
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
What a pity ...

I'd make sure I'll at least have a digital camera as a back up next time on my daughter's birthday party
Just remember the fresh batteries and memory card!
03-11-2009, 10:58 AM   #25
Pentaxian
Ratmagiclady's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,464
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
While we're sort of on the subject of donks, this is one of my all-time favorite youtube vids YouTube - Drag Racing in the Dirty South

(Don't read the comments or turn on your speakers if you're offended by vulgarities)...
Oof. Thankfully, any vulgarities were unintelligible, but I suppose that answers the question of if those things are actually altered to drive properly. I remember seeing a fad for these big ballooney tires sticking way out of cars some time ago in Texas, and all I could think, "There's got to be some bad leverage on those suspension parts."

I've been considering approaching some of these car ('Donk?') fans for a bit of photo work, ...always helps to pick up what you can about what the big deal is, especially if you're a gal.

I suppose there must be fan sites out there, come to think of it.
03-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #26
Veteran Member
UpNorth's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Minnesota, U.S.A.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 708
Of course looking at those vehicles just begs the question - Why would you sink ALL that money into a CAR........when you could be spending it on lenses!?!?!
03-11-2009, 11:21 AM   #27
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Oof. Thankfully, any vulgarities were unintelligible, but I suppose that answers the question of if those things are actually altered to drive properly. I remember seeing a fad for these big ballooney tires sticking way out of cars some time ago in Texas, and all I could think, "There's got to be some bad leverage on those suspension parts."

I've been considering approaching some of these car ('Donk?') fans for a bit of photo work, ...always helps to pick up what you can about what the big deal is, especially if you're a gal.

I suppose there must be fan sites out there, come to think of it.
the smaller wheel and tire combo, what I have always called the 'go kart' setup. is popular among Hispanics and particularly on pickup trucks. not just in Texas, but considering the Hispanic population there you are likely to see it more often. being from Texas and currently living on the Georgia coast I still see them everyday with this setup. looks a whole lot better than a car that looks like a stage coach.
03-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #28
Pentaxian
Ratmagiclady's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 13,464
Hey, Seamius, btw, PM me about when it's good to get the Sightseer. I'm still shooting way slowly, ...had kind of a health downswing, then now a busybusy upswing catching up on things, figure I don't want to hold up the works, here.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, car, class, film, k1000, stuff, wheels
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
duh film loading moment k100d Pentax Film SLR Discussion 21 03-22-2009 11:27 AM
Duh! trishytee Site Suggestions and Help 4 01-14-2009 06:09 PM
Rotating front element DUH! dws1117 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 9 04-28-2008 05:13 PM
Forgot to check the settings DUH.... Peter Zack Photo Critique 15 02-01-2008 04:36 AM
Well Ed, Duh-Huh Ed in GA Pentax DSLR Discussion 1 01-05-2008 03:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:30 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top