Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Bit the Bullet

Looks like I'll be haunting this forum a bit. I take delivery of a black ME Super this week after taking a hiatus from film. I cut my teeth on on Olympus OM2n (also black) that I still have, but it has been gathering dust since the acquisition of my K10d in January of last year and the birth of my daughter a year ago in February. I have had an increasing urge to shoot 35mm again and wanted to play with a small Pentax body. I like the "mechanicalness" of older 35mm cameras and I'm such a sucker for those black camera bodies . If money were no object, I would have piles of mechanical bodies.

To finance my recent urges, I will sell off the last of my foray into medium format, my minty, recently "supercharged" Yashica Mat 124G (I had it CLA'd and he replaced those soft metal gears with ones from the 124 series).

At any rate be prepared for lens questions -- the Pentax comes with the much maligned 50/2.

03-11-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

welcome back to film! how much you sellin that 124 for? i have a slight urge to get one
03-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
welcome back to film! how much you sellin that 124 for? i have a slight urge to get one
I haven't decided yet. I maybe put 3 rolls through it since having it serviced (I took 6 months finishing the last one). I have to look to see what they are selling for.
03-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the ME Super is a great camera, and the 50/2 is not so bad!

Just rememeber to get new light seals from Jon Goodman

03-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
UPDATE: I don't know that I'll need the light seals. Upon initial inspection, they look pretty fresh. I just unpacked the kit tonight. It came with a Pentax-M 50mm/f2 lens with a Pentax SMC UV filter, the "AP" camera (I assume Asahi Pentax) case, original manual, and an AF160 flash in the box with the manual. The flash had leaking batteries in it, so it went directly in the trash. No loss really.

Taking the camera out of the case though...it is pristine. No brassing or scratches on the black paint. Maybe the slightest of rubs here and there from the case. Bright, clean viewfinder. Dead batteries...I happened to have a pair...and the meter works fine as do all of the functions. This weekend, I'll compare meter readings to my other SLR's at the same aperture settings and maybe run a test roll through it.

Anyone need an AF 160 manual?
03-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Good for you. I love my ME SUPER. I look forward to seeing what you put out with it.
03-14-2009, 04:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, it will be fun. Just for giggles, I mounted my full frame auto-focus lenses just to see what they would look like & they dwarfed this camera in a big way (Tamron 70-300, Tamrom 90mm/2.8 Macro, Tamron 28-75/2.8). My FA 50/1.4 looked pretty normal. I have to say, though, that on autofocus lenses the aperture adjustments ARE NOT SMOOTH by any means.