Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2009, 07:15 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
MESuper 1984

Hi: I'm late to this thread, but I'll weight in.

I chose an MESuper kit (body, AF200S flash, M50/1.4 lens, cases for everything) as my spif in a 1984 sales contest (everybody else chose golf clubs - I still have my camera but they don't have their clubs ) and it is my favorite film camera even today.

Av is really nice, great viewfinder (large and bright) split-image focusing screen and a decent body shape and form (bit small for my large hands so a K-series body fells better to me).

I regularly carry it in the ER case in a pocket when I am out and about (not specifically going photgraphing) and want something simple.

I'll never be as good a photographer as this camera is as a tool.

03-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
The battery runs the light meter. If you half depress the shutter button it will activate the meter for a few seconds then turn off automaticly.
In addition, moving the Mode dial into Lock position will prevent the shutter button from being pressed even accidentally (such as while being stored in a camera bag, etc.). In a sense, the Lock position is both a shutter "lock" and a metering "off" position.
03-26-2009, 01:47 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Even though I am very pleased with my ME Super, I've still been thinking about getting a Super A or Program A. I absolutely adore the 'techy' (black) look on 'em, together with the shutter priority function AND a small grip for your right hand. Also you have program mode, DOF preview,... Only disadvantage I see is that it has no full mechanical operation, thus relying on batteries.
I've seen a few Super A's and Program A's on eBay, what's about a decent price to pay for a body in near mint condition? Most that I've seen are around 40-60 USD. Also, what are the main differences between the Super A and the Program A, besides the lack of an LCD on the top of the Program A and a few minor cosmetic changes?
However I have no A-lenses to date, only M lenses to go with my ME Super...But we can take care of that, once I get there

Last edited by alex.r; 03-26-2009 at 02:07 AM.