Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Even though they're scanned, those pics look good. I like the fact that it's so small; it won't take up so much room in the bag with the digital bodies. As for the flash, I've got a Sunpak 383, which shouldn't be any problem with this body.

Seaain, you're definitely making a good case for the ZX-M. I'm not so concerned that it's more plasticky than the older manual bodies; I'm more concerned about the results I can get out of it. Plastic, metal, whatever...all it is is a lightbox.

For anybody else who's interested in the ZX-M, here's a link to some reviews of it:
http://www1.epinions.com/reviews/Pentax_ZXM_MZM_35mm_SLR_Body_05531___Camera_05531

Heather

Last edited by heatherslightbox; 03-13-2009 at 08:35 PM.
03-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seaain,

Would you wave a glass of fine Cognac in front of a recovering AA member?

Those are some fine looking outfits, especially the AP.

Heather,

The new film advance is nice. However, once you've loaded film in an vintage Pentax, it really is no big deal.
03-14-2009, 04:18 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Would you wave a glass of fine Cognac in front of a recovering AA member?
Those are some fine looking outfits, especially the AP.
Thank you and I am sorry... I thought for the comparison shot it would be right to show it next to the camera that started it all... the ZX-M is actually almost 1/2 and inch smaller lengthwise...

I just love the look of the '57 Takumar 58mm f/2 on the ZX-M. Kind of like a pancake lens. That preset makes the handling just beautiful in all modes.

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
The new film advance is nice. However, once you've loaded film in an vintage
Pentax, it really is no big deal.
I do have to agree with this. You get used to it. Kind of a pain if you shoot a lot of 12 frame rolls like I do, but overall it become a part of the fun of using these vintage cameras. Kind of like crank windows in an MG, it just seems right.

woof!
03-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I loved my ZX-M. (it was the first Pentax I owned, not counting the K1000 which belonged to my high school black and white class.

It seemed to have a better winder motor than my *ist 35mm, I had no problems focusing, and it metered properly with non-A lenses using the aperture ring. How I miss that sometimes.

03-15-2009, 12:17 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I aggree, these MZ sure know how to meter!
I spent 2 years lugging 3 MZ bodies around, and they never made an exposure error...
Granted, negative film is a bliss...
03-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks to Woof, my new (to me) ZX-M is on the way! I stopped by the local camera store on the way home and picked up a couple of rolls of film--Ilford Delta 100 and Fuji Reala 100 (this one suggested by Woof). Surprisingly, they didn't have any Kodak Ektar 100 on hand--hmm...

On Friday, the husband and I are headed down to Daytona Beach for a long weekend and there is a local camera store there that I will pay a visit to and check on that Ektar.

Looking forward to getting it.

Heather