Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The fun begins! I start shooting today.

First, I picked up a #392 1.5 volt battery for the Spotty. The eBay seller told me meter is working, but using the aluminum foil solution because of the off-size, it ain't. So which way is positive on the battery supposed to face anyway? Top or bottom of camera?

Next, went to Ritz for film. Totally pitiful selection, and walked out with nothing.

Next, went to CVS, and bought 3 rolls of Professional BW400 CN, b&w neg that's processed C41. Yeah, I know this isn't the optimum stuff to use for b&w, but what the hell.

So I'm going in the backyard later (when the sun goes down), and shoot the first roll with the Tak 50 1.4, using my Minolta Spotmeter. Then, a roll each for two other lenses yet to be determined. Maybe the 8mm Peleng, but I doubt it.

So I figure when I shoot the rolls, I'll have them develop just the negs, no prints, and then scan myself. I'm assuming that scanning b&w negs is going to be easier than color.

My wife refused to pose for me later, even though I told her that I just wanted to shoot her topless, not totally nude.

She's no fun at all half the time.

Your comments and advice are welcome, about the photography OR the wife.

03-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Have fun (with the camera if not the wife). I have got good results shooting with XP2, so the CN should be OK. I scan b&w negs as colour positive, but scanning them as b&w can work if you are careful with your histograms.
03-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
When she refused to pose topless, did you think to say, "Okay....then how about bottomless?"
03-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
It's very hard to photograph the bottom part of a woman without a macro--which I have but haven't tried yet. Also, you need superior depth of field for that region, which 400 will allow me, but first things first.

By the way: Since I'm going to be using the spot, and my younger boy volunteered as subject (I forced him to volunteer), I want to take a few with the red filter so see what it does with skin tones. What is that--like a one stop compensation? Or more?

It's all Cokin, except CHINESE Cokin, because they don't respect intellectual or other property laws, and they pass on those savings to the consumer.