Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Rebate on Kodak B&W film

Since I now have a film body coming, I've been doing some investigation as to which films I want to try out. While perusing Kodak's website, I discovered that they've got a $5.00 rebate program going on until 12/31/09 on the following films:

T-Max 100
Plus-X 125
Tri-X 400
T-Max 400
T-Max P3200

Here's the link to the info:
http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/professional/products/films/b..._5Rebate09.pdf

Now the question is, which one do I try first?

Heather

03-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

i like tri-x, it's the best place to start
03-16-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

although if you're gonna get Tri-X or Plus-X, might want to check out Arista Premium from freestyle which is a lot cheaper
03-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I can get get Tri-X or almost any other "professional' film at the local pro camera shop, which is good since I can buy individual rolls of all the films I want to try. Once I've figured out which ones are my favorites, then I can get the better deal by ordering in greater quantities online.

Heather

03-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Heather, is there any particular reason that you are starting solidly with Kodak films? Just curious.

When I first started, I opted for Ilford because everyone else in the class that I took opted for Kodak. I have shot some Kodak, but pretty much stuck with Ilford because they spend most if not all of their resources furthering the cause of film photography. Since Kodak began downsizing its analog product line, I decided to purchase from those who most heartily support the medium.
03-16-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No, I'm not totally stuck on Kodak or any other brand. I just want the best deal on the best film. If Ilford is the best deal, then I'm all for it. What would you suggest?

Thanks!
Heather
03-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I bougth 40 rolls of Tri-X without ever trying it out first, and I've yet to develop any of the 7-8 rolls I've shot. Gotta stop being so lazy.
03-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
No, I'm not totally stuck on Kodak or any other brand. I just want the best deal on the best film. If Ilford is the best deal, then I'm all for it. What would you suggest?

Thanks!
Heather
You are absolutely on the right track trying out several flavors of film. My suggestion: Have fun and make nice photos!

Cheers,

Adam

03-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I stopped by the local camera store on the way home from work this afternoon and while they had a good selection of Ilford, they were out of Tri-Max, so I went with Ilford Delta 100 since I'll be at the beach this weekend and will be shooting in sunny conditions.

What's really funny is that I went to one of the local chain drugstores (CVS) and they actually had Tri-X! How about that?

Heather
03-17-2009, 02:41 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
What's really funny is that I went to one of the local chain drugstores (CVS) and they actually had Tri-X! How about that?
I'm shocked. A couple of years ago maybe, but now I find disposable cameras and a few rolls of the cheapest 400 film possible. Sad.