04-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
COOL!
congrats Seamuis.... waiting the pics

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
no problem.

04-06-2009, 12:55 PM   #32

[QUOTE=séamuis;538320]because the seller doesn't want to degrade the 'mint' status that's why. in what photo does the lens not look mint? I think you are seeing the scuffs and scratches in the plastic wrap with the strong lighting from the flash. im sure if you ask, the seller will give you the cameras serial number. nothing looks fishy to me.

Fourty three years sealed in plastic? I don't know but that looks fishy to me.

If this is a brand new camera I don't know if it will work. since it's never been
used in 43 years , some mechanical parts could be jammed or something.
04-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #33
Banned

[QUOTE=jacobsr;549527]
because the seller doesn't want to degrade the 'mint' status that's why. in what photo does the lens not look mint? I think you are seeing the scuffs and scratches in the plastic wrap with the strong lighting from the flash. im sure if you ask, the seller will give you the cameras serial number. nothing looks fishy to me.

Fourty three years sealed in plastic? I don't know but that looks fishy to me.

If this is a brand new camera I don't know if it will work. since it's never been
used in 43 years , some mechanical parts could be jammed or something.
I don't think anyone is expecting it to work flawlessly. I doubt the buyer will even take it out of the plastic. I know I wouldn't if I had bought it. there is nothing fishy, you just have the wrong idea about how this camera is being sold. its a time capsule, meant to be purchased by a collector. and that is exactly how it was sold. I just hope the buyer either treats it as such or at least takes care of it. you obviously have the idea that the camera was being sold with the intention of being a brand new ready to go camera. take it out of the box load some film and go, with your brand new spotmatic! wrong. it was sold as an unopened, and hoepfdully stay unopened collectors item.
04-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You have confused me.

im a sucker for Takumars (or any Pentax) that have the box and paperwork. I currently have three, this makes four.
pretty much where I figured it would sell. very reasonable. someone got a very nice piece of history.
I don't think anyone is expecting it to work flawlessly. I doubt the buyer will even take it out of the plastic. I know I wouldn't if I had bought it. it was sold as an unopened, and hoepfdully stay unopened collectors item.
I'm confused. In your first quote above I thought that you indicated that you had bought it. In the other two quotes it appears that you did not.
You also indicated that it would be no problem to provide images when you got the camera.

Did you win that auction or not? Will you be getting that camera?

04-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #35
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
I'm confused. In your first quote above I thought that you indicated that you had bought it. In the other two quotes it appears that you did not.
You also indicated that it would be no problem to provide images when you got the camera.

Did you win that auction or not? Will you be getting that camera?
I was referring to a lens. not the camera. apparently some of you misread the posts. I said I wouldn't be bidding on this because I just purchased a lens.

QuoteQuote:
NICE! My recent Henry's win (an LX) is present'y at Eric's for CLA, so my budget is pretty busted as well.
QuoteQuote:
Originally Posted by geauxpez
NICE! My recent Henry's win (an LX) is present'y at Eric's for CLA, so my budget is pretty busted as well.
thanks. price went higher than I really wanted (go figure) but considering its practically NIB with hood and all the goodies that come along with a boxed lens (my favourite kind) it was really a steal. the lens alone usually goes for much more than that on the bay. im a sucker for Takumars (or any Pentax) that have the box and paperwork. I currently have three, this makes four.
04-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I was referring to a lens. not the camera. apparently some of you misread the posts. I said I wouldn't be bidding on this because I just purchased a lens.
Yes, I misread. Now I understand. Thanks for setting me straight.