Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2007, 04:45 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
MZ-S vs the compition

I was just wondering if anyone else loved there MZ-S cams as much as me?

I have used it side by side with the Nikon F5 and F4s, and it is so much lighter and smaller, yet it seems to inspire teh same level of confidence as to its ability to survive a harsh beating.

However, the small size and low wieght is an issue for me. When used with primes, its beautiful. But when used with a lens like the FA* 80-200, it feels unbalanced, like a film-loaded back cap.

But still, singing the MZ-S praises!

Anyone else have a comparison story to tell?

04-09-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Agreed. But I would really really really really really like Pentax to release a firmware or some other update that will allow me to control the aperture through the body. I would really really really really like this. Really.
04-10-2007, 05:05 AM   #3
DAP

One of my favorite cameras. Well built, relatively small, great control layout...I even like the styling. I think that it is the best autofocus camera that Pentax ever made - unfortunately it came a little too late in the game for Pentax (instead of a splash it made a ripple). The question on it is durability - will it live up to the other Pentax film cameras (I'm already having frame spacing issues on mine) - time will tell.