Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2009, 04:09 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Congrats on the MX! $60 is a bargain for such a clean MX even for now.

I got MX, SuperProgram and ME Super SE besides the MZ-S, all are great little camera. For now I love the ME Super SE the best due to its big 45 degree split screen. My suggestion is to change the mirror bumper foam and light seal if they haven't been changed yet. It can be easily done by yourself.

Enjoy the new MX and good luck finding a good oondition SuperProgram
Yeah, I've been bidding on a few before I got that one, and they have almost always ended up in $90-$100, but when I got this offer, I just couldn't resist. They guy also sold a set of lenses and a winder quite cheap, too bad I didn't had enough money to get some of that too. Well, I wont probably use a winder, but he had some nice lenses. :P

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Interesting read. Iíve been contemplating too, the different manual focus models; ME, Me-super, Super A, etc.
I prefer shutterspeed wheel, instead of bottoms. And I see that you write that this would be on the MX. I do like Av though.
I donít know if 1/1000sec. shuttertime would be a problem.

Those M-model cams go great with the original 40 mm pancake. I actually am not too inclined towards the LX, it is too massive. Then I might as well bring along a DSLR instead.
Yeap, there is a wheel on the MX, which makes it much more comfortable to use. I felt that way about the lack of Av too, but I saw it as a good way to practice myself in manual mode

I was first leaning towards a camera from the K-series, but the size of these made me want a smaller one, from the M-series.

It's too bad that they don't make modern DSLRs as compact as the oldies, it would be great with the new limiteds.

//Sebbe