Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
When it rains it pours...

After seeing the prices for black bodies on eBay, I did not think that I would win any.
To my surprise I wake up this morning having won:

1)Black MX "as is" for $47 plus $9 shipping
I am going out on a limb here, hoping that a good CLA will put it right if it is not working already
Do you know if the MX needs a special cap (seems to be missing) or any K mount diameter cap will work?

2)Black K2 for $51 plus $11 shipping
THIS HAS BEEN USED, BUT AS THEY SAY NOT ABUSED . IT HAS SOME BRASSING ON THE CORNERS, FRONT EDGE OF PRISM BUT MOSTLY ON THE BASE.
EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING CORRECTLY, SUCH AS METER, SELF TIMER. THE FILM ADVANCE IS VERY SMOOTH. STILL A SOLID WORK HORSE.

And my newly purchased ZX-5n in mint condition is on its way and should arrive next week. Time to get film and batteries....
BTW my FA Limited are all black

It was after all Pentaxium day yesterday.

Cheers,

Luc

Last edited by lbenac; 08-10-2009 at 07:42 PM.
04-05-2009, 07:48 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi: Excellent wins - I am jealous. You will enjoy both cameras. I have a Saved Search for K2 and for MX (although the M-series bodies are too small for my hands), but I haven't looked since I won my K2 DMD - good thing or I might have been a bidder

Any Pentax body cap will do, but the hard plastic ones with the white dot are the most durable and mount as a lens does, with the bayonet flange. They stay in place better than the push-on versions.

They generally run between $5 and $10. You might look at KEH before ebay for security and to save postage. Search: 35mm, Pentax Manual Focus, Body and Lens Caps. There is only 1 available now.

KEH Pentax Body Caps

May I also suggest you visit the links section of the Forum to review providers of CLA and repair services? Eric Hendrickson is listed - he is well-respected by the members here. Read his website and consider getting an estimate from Eric, especially since the K2 likely has a stuck ASA ring - they all do if they haven't been serviced.

Pentax Forums Camera Repair and Service Links
04-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Any K-mount cap should work for your MX. I just bought a new generic one for my ME Super. Got lucky on my black ME Super -- it was from one of those ebay stores that auction on consignment. Since the camera was kept in a case (and probably cherished) it was immaculate. Maybe a couple of rubs on the panit from the case -- otherwise as new. It just needs seals which I am going to try to do today.

Congrats on your haul!
04-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Hi: Excellent wins - I am jealous. You will enjoy both cameras. I have a Saved Search for K2 and for MX (although the M-series bodies are too small for my hands), but I haven't looked since I won my K2 DMD - good thing or I might have been a bidder

Any Pentax body cap will do, but the hard plastic ones with the white dot are the most durable and mount as a lens does, with the bayonet flange. They stay in place better than the push-on versions.

They generally run between $5 and $10. You might look at KEH before ebay for security and to save postage. Search: 35mm, Pentax Manual Focus, Body and Lens Caps. There is only 1 available now.

KEH Pentax Body Caps

May I also suggest you visit the links section of the Forum to review providers of CLA and repair services? Eric Hendrickson is listed - he is well-respected by the members here. Read his website and consider getting an estimate from Eric, especially since the K2 likely has a stuck ASA ring - they all do if they haven't been serviced.

Pentax Forums Camera Repair and Service Links
Thank you.
This is the place I have read on the forum and plan to send the two has a "package". It should be well worth it.

Cheers,

Luc

04-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Eric does great work. My LX should be back home any time now.
04-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah, so you're the one that got that K2.

I was going to throw a bid at that, but lost track of the time. Congrats. I hope it's good.
04-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Ah, so you're the one that got that K2.

I was going to throw a bid at that, but lost track of the time. Congrats. I hope it's good.
Thanks.
The bid finished during the night which might explain why there was no last minute up bidding
Hopefully it is and I have some shot to show for it in a not too distant future.

Cheers,

Luc