Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've actually noticed the tape which attaches the film to the spool seems to be of different stuff from how it used to be, I've idly wondered what the deal is with that... Some of the adhesive seems particularly gummy, ...didn't think much of it while I was shooting Neopan, since I'd never used the stuff in the past, but I noticed a change in the Tri-X and stuff I've been shooting more recently. Rather different.

04-10-2009, 03:44 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Way back when I bulk loaded film, I found electrical tape to be ideal.
The good stuff (Scotch brand, Super 33+ IIRC) holds so tenaciously,
you will tear the sprocket holes or destroy your film transport before it lets go.
Yet it can be peeled off easily, leaving no adhesive residue...

Chris
04-11-2009, 06:33 AM   #18
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote
...and that a husband must LOVE his wife...
I don't remember that part.
04-11-2009, 07:19 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
And she gave me that same look she gives me whenever I want to make love--one of total disgust.

I don't care. It's Good Friday, and Passover, and she has to do what I tell her to do. Both the old and new Testaments clearly state that a wife must obey her husband.
QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote
...and that a husband must LOVE his wife...
And I quote from the New Testament:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." --I Corinthians 13:4-7

...and from the Son of God Himself:
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these." --Mark 12:30-31

Just some food for thought, Ira.

I'll get off my Bible soapbox now.
Heather

04-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #20
Ira
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
And I quote from the New Testament:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." --I Corinthians 13:4-7
So how come Jim Baker cheated on Tammy Faye?

And I quote from the New Testament:...and from the Son of God Himself:
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these." --Mark 12:30-31
When someone forces you to love someone, I always have a problem.

Just some food for thought, Ira.

Heather
I prefer facts and figures.
04-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
correct. I am always making sure the film is under tension. I don't know why, I just do.
It helps to maintain flatness of the film plane, hence accuracy/consistency of focus.

Not such a big deal on any well-made 35mm camera, probably, but it can be important with older low-end medium format cameras.
04-14-2009, 09:13 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I've loaded both Fuji Superia and Kodak film in my K1000 and never managed to crank the film out of the cartridge. I think that roll may have been a one-off.

04-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #23
Banned

I nearly destroyed a roll today. I was finishing off a roll that was in my MX and the end of the film leader somehow got caught under the pressure plate and it was unpleasantly stuck. I rewound the film almost all the way and then it wouldn't move. I kept nudging it, and it kept making this grinding sound, very unnerving. so I finally just opened the back and pulled it out...
04-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #24
F16

Funny that I stumbled onto this thread by chance just now. Just a couple of hours ago, using my Fujica ST605 and a roll of Fuji 200 (24), just the same thing happened to me. I went to wind to about the 25th exposure and at the end of the winding motion felt a sharp resistance - I wasn't being really delicate in winding it, but I knew I was near the end of the roll and there was normal resistance right up to the spot that it halted. Tried to rewind the film and knew something wasn't right obviously. Nothing critical on the film, opened the back up and there's my whole roll of film and images in the trash... Add to this that the roll before it I do not think was loaded properly and I don't even know what's going to be on that roll - I've had more film problems in the last 24 hours than I have in my previous 15 years... The camera isn't the issue, I think I loaded the first roll poorly.

I've been out of photography for a few years but I've shot plenty of rolls of film up until 5-6 years ago, and I've never had this happen. This really pissed me off obviously, I know that I could have taken the unopened camera in to a good photo lab and had them deal with it but I wasn't in the mood to spend $20 on a few relatively unimportant photos on a $2 roll of film. I guess the lesson learned here is to wind extremely carefully near the end of the roll and don't even take a chance on that last exposure if you want to avoid problems.
04-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Way back when I bulk loaded film, I found electrical tape to be ideal.
The good stuff (Scotch brand, Super 33+ IIRC) holds so tenaciously,
you will tear the sprocket holes or destroy your film transport before it lets go.
Yet it can be peeled off easily, leaving no adhesive residue...

Chris
There was something incredibly fun about loading your own film. I loved it for some odd reason. I still have the loading box and a few canisters floating around.

I used masking tape. When I had a manual camera, I watched the rewind knob, if it turned when I advanced the film, I was good to go.