Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cosmo Quote
Errr, I said why, hugely intrusive noive levels, poor contrast and colour rendition. Horrible if you want to make prints.

These look alright, still have a cold magenta cast.
I agree the examples in this thread are not that great, they weren't intended to win praise. Just snapshots from the day with the kids

04-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sorry, I wasn't saying anything bad about the photography, just the film.
04-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cosmo Quote
Sorry, I wasn't saying anything bad about the photography, just the film.
I appreciate that. I knew the film was in question. It was the scanner software default, which is incorrect color/tone-wise. I'm scanning in some 400 X-Tra and will post later.
04-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #19
F16

I've used a large amount of Fuji film, mostly negative consumer level 'Superia', 'Xtra', some 'HG II', Reala, from 100-1600, over the last 15 years and it has performed very well for me in low grain/noise, no sharpness issues, contrast has been fine. Some of Fuji's consumer negative film does tend to have a cooler color cast vs. Kodak's consumer line and many people prefer the color in Kodak, however I've also found that Kodak's warmer color cast would often be less accurate. Of course there's more than just Kodak and Fuji but those are the two major brands. It can also make a noticeable difference the type of paper used and where the film's being developed. Fuji is excellent film, everyone has their own preferences on color cast, colors aside Fuji performs very well in other characteristics against other competing brands of film.