Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2009, 12:41 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:

I did not know that Shoppers processed film, good to know.

Phil.
Shoppers takes in your film and returns your negs ..... just not sure
where it goes in between ..but if the results are good and the
price is right

Cheers,

Jack

09-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #32
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gabriel_bc Quote
Hi all - I'm a long-time, if infrequent, lurker. Today I picked up that K2 off the Vancouver Craigslist, came to the forum to look up a review, saw the thread for BC shooters, and then saw that someone had posted a link to that K2 Craigslist posting! Sorry if anyone else was after it...

I'm a little further out the valley than most here - out in Langley. A Pentax ME Super was my first "real" camera - bought at age 16 with my first paycheck. While I am also a Konica/Hexanon user, Pentax was and remains my photographic first love.

As for film/processing: I shoot only B&W, and develop and print my own. I typically get bulk film from Freestyle Photographic online and "roll my own."

The K2 is a new body for me - I've had every other K series body at some time in the past, but not any K2 variant. This one seems to be working just fine, and black finish is a nice bonus. This one has a split prism - which I prefer.

Anyway, nice to finally join up - this site is a great resource!
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on that K2 kit on Craigslist. I was hoping someone would pick it up, you got a great deal. (Best send the K2 to Eric for a CLA)

You have a classic K series camera and one in black!!

Enjoy, Phil.

PS Here is a link to a K2 manual: Password is - Pentax

http://www.pentax-manuals.com/manuals/mf/pentax_k2_manual_s.pdf
09-26-2009, 12:16 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Thanks for the link to the manual - I appreciate it.

I might send it out for a CLA, yes. The ASA dial seems frozen - a little searching around suggests this is a common issue for the K2. Thankfully it's stuck on 100, which is where I want it...

The K50/1.4 and K200/4 are super clean. The only issue is a ding in the filter ring on the 200. Other than that it's like it was never used.

I should have it out with a roll of Neopan Acros 100 later today...
09-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Thanks for the link to the manual - I appreciate it.

I might send it out for a CLA, yes. The ASA dial seems frozen - a little searching around suggests this is a common issue for the K2. Thankfully it's stuck on 100, which is where I want it...

The K50/1.4 and K200/4 are super clean. The only issue is a ding in the filter ring on the 200. Other than that it's like it was never used.

I should have it out with a roll of Neopan Acros 100 later today...
I recently sent a K2 with a broken ASA ring button to Eric and it cost $60.00USD to fix.
(Including return postage) The camera already had a CLA. So you are looking at around $100.00 for the ASA ring and a CLA.

Just don’t take your K2 to the two local clowns in Vancouver for repairs. (See previous posts in this thread, including Eric web page.

Phil.

09-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jack_Simpson Quote
Shoppers takes in your film and returns your negs ..... just not sure
where it goes in between ..but if the results are good and the
price is right

Cheers,

Jack
Thanks for the info; I think they must be like Kerrisdale Camera who also send out for processing.

Phil
09-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote

I was wondering if you guys would like to post a few practical info regarding shooting in BC.
The answers to all your questions is the little Photo Lab, in the Orchard Park Mall, Kelowna.
But then again I work there part time

I do however get my slide film processed at our competition, since we can no longer process it. They send it of to Vancouver
A friend of mine has the equipment for it, but doesn't have the place to set it up yet, so things will hopefully change there soon.
09-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #37
Veteran Member

FYI to Vancouver based film shooters. I don't see these too often on CL.

Asahi Pentax CdS Clip-on Exposure Meter
09-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #38
Site Supporter

I've now got a roll of Neopan working it's way through the K2. Turns out the ASA dial isn't stuck after all, I just needed to figure out how to use it. It works fine, but boy, is that a fiddly mechanism! I'm glad I basically only use a few film speeds...

09-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #39
Site Supporter

I've now got a roll of Neopan working it's way through the K2. Turns out the ASA dial isn't stuck after all, I just needed to figure out how to use it. It works fine, but boy, is that a fiddly mechanism! I'm glad I basically only use a few film speeds...
Good news with the K2. It's hard to believe now, but you will get used to the ASA ring!! Also keep an eye on the exposure factor dial that it is set to 1x. It's easy to move it by mistake.

Phil.
09-28-2009, 08:33 PM   #40
Site Supporter

Thanks - will do. I've figured out how it works now, so I'll be on the watch to make sure it stays at 1x. What was Pentax thinking when they put these around the lens mount, anyway?
10-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Pentax KM film camera and lenses

$100 will get you a bunch of stuff - including a 50mm 1.4!

If you'ein Vancouver of course... I''m tempted but my better half would kill me
10-06-2009, 09:47 AM   #42
Site Supporter

thanks Keyser! I've sent an email. *fingers crossed*
10-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Least I can do - actually, I'm always really pleased when somebody that's going to use the stuff gets the bargain.

Let us know how you get on!
10-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #44
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by keyser Quote
Least I can do - actually, I'm always really pleased when somebody that's going to use the stuff gets the bargain.

Let us know how you get on!
I saw that as well, good kit!!

Phil.
10-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Pentax K110 Camera Body

How about this? Don't bother calling because I'm already 3rd in line... but I'm still hoping!!