Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Which is your format of choice?
Film 89.52%
Digital 89.52%
Preferably film, but also digital 3136.90%
Preferably digi, but film too 3744.05%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-18-2009, 03:05 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
'...Have I got a great site for you! Take a look at LifeInDigitalFilm, where you can download presets that mimic different kinds of film...'
If digital is purportedly so good, then why has someone gone to the effort of emulating the effect of film, when all that's necessary is to shoot on film in the first place? Sure, digital's good (immediacy, convenience), but so is film: both have their place and their own thought-processes, as transparencies and negs and mono and colour have their place and thought processes.

It smacks to me of the 'vegetarian sausage'...

04-18-2009, 07:23 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I Started with a Praktiflex FX in the 80's (didn't know how to use it). Skipped around the cheaper Kodaks before getting a Logitech web/camera (laughs inserted here). Only purchased my first DSLR last December (K100D), now i'm going BACK into Pentax film SLR's ZX-7, ME (2 to be CLA'd), another just purchased, also waiting on a Spottie.

I perfer film, but digital is more forgiving, since if I take an awful shot (or maybe 500), I can just delete them. With film, if all the shots on the roll are bad, I pay for the pleasure of having said shots developed.
04-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #33
Forum Member

Original Poster
Chalion -just say that paying per shot is motivation to think more about your photography!!

Anyway I decided now that I'm heading home from vacation, I'm going to shoot only film for a while. In a week or 3 I'll see if the patience of film, or the immediacey of digital is better for me.

Don't remeber who posted this. But said they used to shoot with film nikons. I have a friend looking to unload some stuff. N75 and N90s specifically. Any thoughts on these 2 or should my ZX-7 do as well?