Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2007, 08:18 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you're looking to match the K10D feature set then find a well cared-for PZ-1p. If you want just basic functionality with some automation try the ZX-10; but that may be extremely hard to locate. There is an external battery grip for the ZX-10. You might find auxilliary focusing screens for the PZ-1p. That's about the full extent of accessories for either body.

01-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Magazine

QuoteOriginally posted by FLASH Quote

I am using the ZX-5N and the ZX-L; they both seem to meet all of my needs; Someone on this forum answered my inquiry about using Pentax lens that do not have the aperature settings marked on the barrel of the lens. That does not now represent a problem to me, so check out the inquiries and replies on this forum to understand how to use those particular lens.

Both of my cameras are light yet have a very good 'feel'; I have a small tripod that I carry around so that long exposures are not problematic. I have yet to use all of the capabilitie of these lens and ultimately I will get a K10D. I've been working with photography for a long time (and I mean a LONG time. I've had, at one time or another, cameras from all of the major camera manufacturers...I was in the Air Force and travelling all over, so having these cameras wasn't all that expensive for me. I liked the Leica, Canon, Nikon Contact and Pentax models, probably the Contact most of all because of the Zeiss lens. But gradually I began to realize that the Pentax lens were very, very good as well compared to the Zeiss ones. I sold all of my lens but the Pentax ones, which were all screw mount at the time. Now I wish that I had those old lens back and I may yet get to retrieve them. The Pentax cameras have NEVER failed me, something I cannot say about the other ones. The Nikon gear has been the most disappointing. It is very good, but it sometimes will not work. Nikon always repairs it quickly, but still, it is too expensive to not work always...I still have one old Nikon film camera, the 8008s I think that it is. Don't use it much and it is like carrying around a brick.

Canon makes more cameras/lens than any other photograpic manufacturer. Their top line lens are very good. Their cameras employ very high technology. It is a shame that Contact no longer makes slr cameras. The Leica is very expensive and heavy. It bothers me that there are no slr cameras made in the USA and I hope that changes some day.

I was very glad to find this forum. Lets continue it and explore the world of Pentax photography. Does Pentax have a magazine? If so I haven't seen it. If they do and you know of it, please let me know about it.

Thanks,

FLASH

Hi Flash

Pentax do have a magazine and it's not too expensive to subscribe to- here is the link to the web site

Pentax User - Pentax Camera Magazine

Good luck and happy shooting.

Alf
01-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #18

The reason I bought the K10D was because of my Z-1p. My only gripe with the Z-1p is the Pentax grip cost me more than the K10D grip and all it was was a grip with a wrist strap.