Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
04-08-2012, 02:17 PM - 4 Likes   #1606
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Whoever buys the "sport prototype" camera should contact me. I have a very rare Pentax-M 50mm f1.2 lens. On the front ring it says 1:2 with a colon instead of a period as a factory error. It also has an aperture ring that ends at 2, and the body and optics of the 50mm f2 lens. Talk about a combination of errors! Surely you'll want to add this one of a kind lens to your collection.... Perhaps its not even a factory error, but a prototype, as it comes with a special, prototype lens cap. Instead of the usual pinch or slip on caps, this is a screw-on cap. But what makes it a truly amazing prototype is that this lens cap is entirely transparent!!! It says Asahi Pentax UV (0) on it. This labels it as a a real Pentax prototype (Unimpeded View?), 0 being its prototype number.

04-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #1607
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
Whoever buys the "sport prototype" camera should contact me. I have a very rare Pentax-M 50mm f1.2 lens. On the front ring it says 1:2 with a colon instead of a period as a factory error. It also has an aperture ring that ends at 2, and the body and optics of the 50mm f2 lens. Talk about a combination of errors! Surely you'll want to add this one of a kind lens to your collection.... Perhaps its not even a factory error, but a prototype, as it comes with a special, prototype lens cap. Instead of the usual pinch or slip on caps, this is a screw-on cap. But what makes it a truly amazing prototype is that this lens cap is entirely transparent!!! It says Asahi Pentax UV (0) on it. This labels it as a a real Pentax prototype (Unimpeded View?), 0 being its prototype number.

Howling with laughter!!
04-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #1608
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's like our buddy Kevin Cameras selling a Super Tak 35/3.5 for $777.00 becuase the s/n is 777777!

Phil.
04-09-2012, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #1609
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
I love the GE-PR1 lightmeter...before I got my Soligor spotmeter, it was my main dedicated light meter unit. I now have it, the Soligor, and a Weston Master II, and of course my iPhone with multiple Lightmeter apps.

QuoteOriginally posted by Paleo Pete Quote
Wonder why I never spotted this thread...

I started with SLR photography with a KX, when the film advance lever locked up I looked around and got a K 1000, so I could keep using the Tokina 70-210 lens I had bought, then had two 50mm lenses since it also had one. Later I went to a ME then ME Super, (and collected a couple more 50mm lenses) had 3 or 4 of those and a A3000 with the series A 50mm, and picked up a 28mm along the way too. The ME Super is the one I would use now if I wanted to do any 35mm stuff, and probably with the M42 adapter and Vivitar 200.

I haven't shot any 35mm in several years, developing is hard to find and film is almost nonexistent, so I stick with digital these days. But a friend and I have discussed it, we're seriously thinking about finding some film and doing one last 35mm day in the field before film disappears completely. Kodak stopped making film a couple of years ago, developing is fading away, I don't have the knowledge or supplies to do my own, my friend can but developed a chemical intolerance a few years ago, he'll get incredibly sick if he gets close enough to smell the chemicals, so within a couple of years overseas will be the only source for film and no place to develop it, so we're planning to do one more 35mm outing then hang up the film cameras. If we do I might take the Minolta too. (SRT 101) It's my only non Pentax camera other than a couple of digital point and shoots.
Lots of people went away from 35mm and never looked back, but film is still alive and well. Hasselblad, Mamiya, Leica, Fuji, Voightlander, Zeiss, Vivitar, Nikon and even Canon still make new film cameras, not to mention the Large Format camera makers still in business: Horseman, Linhof, Cambo, Chamonix, Walker, Wisner, Wista, Tachihara, Shen-hao, Toyo, and a few others. Then you look at the people still making film: Fuji, Ilford, Efke, Adox, Fomapan, Impossible, and of course Kodak (lots of people thought when Kodachrome was discontinued that Kodak was stopping film production for good. Quite the opposite: Film is the only real moneymaker in Kodak's inventory right now!)

The future looks good for Film. Brightest for Black and White, but still good for Color. Color Slide is teetering a little, which is a shame as I love transparencies, but hopefully Fuji's 2 remaining slide films, Velvia and Provia, last a long time, and maybe encourage new entries into the market.

As a way for Mom and Dad to take pictures of the kids at the beach, Film is all but gone. Only disposable cameras cater to the consumer snapshot market. But as that died out, more and more people coming into Photography as an art form are finding Film to be something like oil painting or charcoal drawing: a bespoke art form and medium unto itself. Film is no longer the only way to take pictures; it is now the purview of the discerning artist.

Film is Dead. Long Live Film!

04-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #1610
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

t says Asahi Pentax UV (0) on it. This labels it as a a real Pentax prototype (Unimpeded View?)
Thanks for the laugh after having ,one of those days I needed it.
04-10-2012, 06:21 AM   #1611

QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
or maybe i should go for the gold. hmmmm.
PENTAX SUPER PROGRAM GOLD-PLATED EMBLEM PRECISION
You might have missed this one... The special 'Electronic' MV1, as opposed to my version, which is the regular pneumatic version...

I have a rare SPII going cheap at the moment too, BTW - where there should be a light meter switch, there's just a small screw thread sticking out. $4000. PM me.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=16...vip=true&rt=nc

Last edited by Brad&Gayna; 04-10-2012 at 07:04 AM.
04-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #1612
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe the "A" lens makes it special. A wasted function.

04-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #1613
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Brad&Gayna Quote
You might have missed this one... The special 'Electronic' MV1, as opposed to my version, which is the regular pneumatic version...

I have a rare SPII going cheap at the moment too, BTW - where there should be a light meter switch, there's just a small screw thread sticking out. $4000. PM me.

PENTAX MV1 ELECTRONIC LIMITED EDITION | eBay
Pneumatic version?! Mine still runs on a waterwheel.
04-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #1614

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Pneumatic version?! Mine still runs on a waterwheel.
Well, see now that's just archaic. It's all about the pneumatics, these days.

04-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #1615
Inactive Account

i saw what your talking about on ebay last night. it's truly amazing what he expects you to believe.
04-13-2012, 03:54 AM - 1 Like   #1616
Veteran Member

Today I found a very nice SV for about $25. Everything seems to work just fine. I like the fact that it doesn't need any batteries.

04-13-2012, 04:50 AM   #1617
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
Today I found a very nice SV for about $25. Everything seems to work just fine. I like the fact that it doesn't need any batteries.
Nice find for an excellent price. Enjoy shooting with it! K.
04-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #1618
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nevermind the price, that's a beauty Jim!
04-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #1619
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
Congrats on a nice find!
04-13-2012, 06:17 AM   #1620
Veteran Member

Beautiful SV! I had to pay $30 for mine, but it needed a $60 CLA afterwards

Unusual to find them with anything but a 50 or a 55, also. I see it's a Red-R SV; that's good. SVs with a green R on the rewind crank are NOT SAFE to mount the Takumar 50mm F/1.4, as the rear lens element crashes into the mirror. The Red-R SVs are later production and have no such issue.