Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2012, 07:32 AM   #1621
Veteran Member
revdocjim's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mt. Akagi, Gunma Prefecture
Posts: 374
Well that's good news because after taking the photos I mounted my SMC 50/1.4 and hope to run some film through it tomorrow. I'll be taking several lenses along.

04-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #1622
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,233
QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
Today I found a very nice SV for about $25. Everything seems to work just fine. I like the fact that it doesn't need any batteries.
I think I am going to have to hate you! I would have paid 3x that much just to get the lens!


Steve
04-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #1623
Pentaxian
unixrevolution's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waldorf, MD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,846
My newest, a 645.













I bought it the 645 at a pawn shop, where it had been languishing since Christmas. They thought it was broken because the 645 refuses to fire or meter unless film is in it

They started off at 400 before christmas, but I offered $150 and they took it. Got the camera, lens, insert, and lens cap for that money. I've had 4 rolls through it so far and she shoots beautifully.

Here she is posing with some of her sisters. The Super Program i got on eBay attatched to a 28mm lens, the LX I found for $200 along with another camera, some crap lenses and a flash, and the ME Super was purchased brand new in 1982 by my father because he wanted to use it to take pictures of his new son...me.




I'll have more of my film Pentax family, including my MX, my K1000, my screwmount cameras, and the point and shoots.
04-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #1624
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,233
QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
the LX I found for $200 along with another camera
You have GripTac on your LX? How do you like it? I have been tempted to cover a couple of my rangefinder bodies with the stuff.


Steve

04-14-2012, 05:24 AM   #1625
Veteran Member
revdocjim's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mt. Akagi, Gunma Prefecture
Posts: 374
Congratulations on the 645. It's a wonderful tool and feels so good in the hand. Just for the record, if you were going to take a photo of it in pieces you should have removed the grip too. The reason behind making it removable is a complete mystery to me, and the original is the only one with that feature... but it is still there! Makes you wonder if they had plans for alternative grips in the beginning.
04-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #1626
Forum Member
Jüri's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tartu, Estonia
Posts: 83
Here's my old new MZ-5. It has convenient retro controls and it looks nice. The lack of DoF preview and selectable AF points don't really bother me, but I don't think I can live without simple exposure lock that it doesn't have. I'll probably replace it with a MZ-5n.

04-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #1627
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,233
A couple of years back, I was privileged to take my turn with the Sightseeing Screwmount, Pentax SV. I enjoyed the experience so much that I took a second turn the next year. As a result, the seed of desire was planted and about a month ago I took delivery of an SV all my own. The camera and lens were both in pretty rough shape with evidence of mistreatment, water, and fungal damage. Fortunately, we have Eric and he was able to put the body back in working condition. Both action and appearance are MUCH better now. Thank you Eric!

Here is the camera in its first formal portrait:



The lens on the camera is not the one that came with it (fungal damage on that one). Notice that the aperture ring on the Super-Takumar 55/1.8 is numbered in the reverse direction of later models. F/1.8 is on the far left. I thought at first that I might have purchased some sort of Frankenlens (body of the earlier 2nd version Auto-Takumar with a bezel from a Super-Tak), but a quick bit of Google work yielded several images of similar construction. I guess I should ask Adam to update the PF lens review database to add this variant.

Whether this is an very early transitional Super-Tak or some sort of throw-back is anyone's guess.

I also got a Super-Tak 28/3.5 to go with the SV. When I made my purchase, I was unaware that there are TWO versions of the 28/3.5. One is compact with 49mm filter threads like the one that I totally enjoyed on the Sightseer. The other is much more "substantial" with 58mm filter threads. Do I need to say that I ended up with the larger version? Here is a photo of the lucky pair:





Just take a look at the size of that front element! I am a bit concerned, however about the 28/3.5. I was unable to get consistently good results during a little shooting earlier today on the K10D. The lens is free of fungus and the glass is clear except for a few cleaning marks on the rear and one of the inner elements (yes, it apparently had been "serviced" at some point...marks on the rear element retainer support the notion). I am hoping that I was simply missing focus or some such.


Steve
04-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #1628
Veteran Member
kaiserz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NoVa The "burg"
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 899
I can't believe I haven't introduce mine yet!!!

Here he is, My Program Plus.



04-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #1629
Pentaxian
twitch's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,571
I've got another MZ-S jetting it's way to me to replace my dead MZ-S whose AF motor decided to make noises like a jackhammer instead of a denist drill Once my dead MZ-S is fixed (hopefully within a of couple of months) I guess I'll have to sell one, or keep it as a backup? Hmmm.
04-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #1630
Site Supporter
gofour3's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 5,129
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
A couple of years back, I was privileged to take my turn with the Sightseeing Screwmount, Pentax SV. I enjoyed the experience so much that I took a second turn the next year. As a result, the seed of desire was planted and about a month ago I took delivery of an SV all my own. The camera and lens were both in pretty rough shape with evidence of mistreatment, water, and fungal damage. Fortunately, we have Eric and he was able to put the body back in working condition. Both action and appearance are MUCH better now. Thank you Eric!

Here is the camera in its first formal portrait:



The lens on the camera is not the one that came with it (fungal damage on that one). Notice that the aperture ring on the Super-Takumar 55/1.8 is numbered in the reverse direction of later models. F/1.8 is on the far left. I thought at first that I might have purchased some sort of Frankenlens (body of the earlier 2nd version Auto-Takumar with a bezel from a Super-Tak), but a quick bit of Google work yielded several images of similar construction. I guess I should ask Adam to update the PF lens review database to add this variant.

Whether this is an very early transitional Super-Tak or some sort of throw-back is anyone's guess.

I also got a Super-Tak 28/3.5 to go with the SV. When I made my purchase, I was unaware that there are TWO versions of the 28/3.5. One is compact with 49mm filter threads like the one that I totally enjoyed on the Sightseer. The other is much more "substantial" with 58mm filter threads. Do I need to say that I ended up with the larger version? Here is a photo of the lucky pair:





Just take a look at the size of that front element! I am a bit concerned, however about the 28/3.5. I was unable to get consistently good results during a little shooting earlier today on the K10D. The lens is free of fungus and the glass is clear except for a few cleaning marks on the rear and one of the inner elements (yes, it apparently had been "serviced" at some point...marks on the rear element retainer support the notion). I am hoping that I was simply missing focus or some such.


Steve
Nice, looks like SV is dressed up wearing a corsage and ready for it's prom night.

Phil.
04-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #1631
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,233
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Nice, looks like SV is dressed up wearing a corsage and ready for it's prom night.

Phil.
Yep...I have started including props in my camera porn, partially to add elements of interest and partially to lend scale.


Steve
04-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #1632
Site Supporter
newpentaxman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 218
QuoteOriginally posted by kaiserz Quote
I can't believe I haven't introduce mine yet!!!

Here he is, My Program Plus.
very nice! tis one of my favorites. i have a few of these...
04-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #1633
Site Supporter
newpentaxman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: ohio
Posts: 218
QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
I've got another MZ-S jetting it's way to me to replace my dead MZ-S whose AF motor decided to make noises like a jackhammer instead of a denist drill Once my dead MZ-S is fixed (hopefully within a of couple of months) I guess I'll have to sell one, or keep it as a backup? Hmmm.
if you can afford it keep it for backup..
04-16-2012, 01:12 AM   #1634
Senior Member
ElStellino's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 110
QuoteOriginally posted by kaiserz Quote
I can't believe I haven't introduce mine yet!!!

Here he is, My Program Plus.
Nice!! No actually, beautiful!
04-16-2012, 06:04 AM   #1635
Pentaxian
unixrevolution's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waldorf, MD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,846
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You have GripTac on your LX? How do you like it? I have been tempted to cover a couple of my rangefinder bodies with the stuff.

I do, and I like it. It looks nice and has a very grippy feel, though honestly I haven't actually felt the griptac itself that much since I usually keep the LX in its bespoke leather ever-ready case, for protection. Not that it did much good...there's a big scrape-dent behind the winder.

Steve
QuoteOriginally posted by revdocjim Quote
Congratulations on the 645. It's a wonderful tool and feels so good in the hand. Just for the record, if you were going to take a photo of it in pieces you should have removed the grip too. The reason behind making it removable is a complete mystery to me, and the original is the only one with that feature... but it is still there! Makes you wonder if they had plans for alternative grips in the beginning.
I wondered about the removable grip myself. I tried unscrewing it when I first got the camera and it seemed reticent to come off, so rather than fight with it and risk damage for no good reason, I just left it.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, camera, chrome, colors, es, f/2.8, film, films, flag, k1000, kx, lens, lever, lexus, light, love, lx, mode, mx, pentax, photo, photography, plate, post, product photography, reunion, shooters, sp, super-takumar, wind
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introduce myself... joostdh Welcomes and Introductions 2 09-07-2010 01:12 AM
Please let me introduce myself........ niklas Welcomes and Introductions 4 05-21-2009 05:04 AM
Pentax will introduce a new camera at PMA... hopey Pentax News and Rumors 72 03-03-2009 05:19 AM
Let me introduce myself here. PentaxUserK100d Welcomes and Introductions 1 02-06-2007 09:11 AM
Let me introduce myself INcreative Welcomes and Introductions 4 12-19-2006 02:15 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:57 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top