Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #1921
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
That gigantic Pentax Spottie on the top right - I didn't know Pentax made an ultra large format camera

BTW, I clicked on the photo to get a possibly larger view but it gave an error that this photo is private?
Wouldn't a gigantic spotmatic SLR that takes 8" aerial roll film be awesome?

09-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #1922
Veteran Member

Super-A and K1000. I love the Super-A, of all the cameras I've owned it's the one I shoot with most intuitively.

The K1000 was given to me by my Dad, I remember him using it for work when I was little. I learned on it a couple of years ago, everything they say about it being a learners camera is true. I'm giving it to my sister, but I would never sell it.

09-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #1923
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Crossposting, but my newest addition to the family is that beast to the left of my K-x. I just need to get a hold of batteries for it and see how it works. The SF10 is in amazing condition for the price I paid for it - the $3 batteries are going to be almost 3 times the cost of the camera.

Also, obligatory family photo...

09-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #1924
Forum Member

In the order in which I got them:

Ronnie

09-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #1925

Photos: Albums
Pentax ME

Beginner here....

using
Pentax M 50 f/1.7
Pentax M 135 f/3.5
Soligor M 28 f/2.8
Soligor M 80-200 f/4.5

Vivitar 2800 Flash

any kind of film I can get my hands on

Name:  IMG_0955.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  136.2 KB

I also play with a Kodak Land 250

Name:  IMG_0928.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  104.6 KB

and a Canon Photura
a Kodak Advantix T500
a Sony Cybershot DSC-H55
and a Polaroid 600
09-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #1926
Pentaxian

That's a nice starting film setup! You'll get lots of good use out of that.

And the Land 250 is cool. I love mine!
09-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #1927

So I've wanted a range finder for a while and I'm a student so I can't afford a Leica for the moment and probably for a long while.

I was looking at good copies of Zorkis and FEDs but they were also out of my price range. I settled on a Yashica instead. Pentax doesn't have a range finder or else I'd look there first.

I picked this up knowing it may not work. Have to go outside with it tomorrow to see if the focus is working. I still have to pick up a battery adapter but I have a feeling I will have power problems with the amount of corrosion I found in the battery compartment. I'm already predicting this will be a paper weight or at most a sunny day, outdoor only camera.

And if anyone is familiar with Electros, what is the white wire?

09-14-2012, 04:03 AM   #1928

QuoteOriginally posted by samtr87 Quote
I picked this up knowing it may not work. Have to go outside with it tomorrow to see if the focus is working. I still have to pick up a battery adapter but I have a feeling I will have power problems with the amount of corrosion I found in the battery compartment. I'm already predicting this will be a paper weight or at most a sunny day, outdoor only camera.

And if anyone is familiar with Electros, what is the white wire?
Yashica Electro Repair Manual says it's the negative battery contact wire, per page 47.

I'm new to Electros also (a $5 GSN!). The good thing about them is there is much, much documentation around the web about these. You should read up extensively about the "pad of death" if you haven't already. If you've got the camera half disassembled now anyway, you might as well do the pad replacement. (I've done mine, but with too thick a pad, so need to redo it.) Also there are many approaches documented for replacing the enormous 5.6V mercury battery that it required. I ended up doing a 6V LR-28 in a plastic tubing sleeve, with a metal connector impaled through a piece of wooden dowel rod above to make the contact. (I learned it from here -- see picture about halfway down the thread.)
--Dave

09-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #1929

QuoteOriginally posted by Argenticien Quote
Yashica Electro Repair Manual says it's the negative battery contact wire, per page 47.

I'm new to Electros also (a $5 GSN!). The good thing about them is there is much, much documentation around the web about these. You should read up extensively about the "pad of death" if you haven't already. If you've got the camera half disassembled now anyway, you might as well do the pad replacement. (I've done mine, but with too thick a pad, so need to redo it.) Also there are many approaches documented for replacing the enormous 5.6V mercury battery that it required. I ended up doing a 6V LR-28 in a plastic tubing sleeve, with a metal connector impaled through a piece of wooden dowel rod above to make the contact. (I learned it from here -- see picture about halfway down the thread.)
--Dave
I think something in the electric circuitry is messed up beyond my ability to fix. I soldered the white wire back to the battery wire, and the power doesn't seem to be getting to the camera. I took care of the pad of death by stuffing a piece of weather seal foam there. I'm not brave enough to take the whole camera apart. Honestly, I think I should have just spent more buying a working copy. I like the quietness of the shutter, even though it only works at 1/500. I'm so used to the brute force of my Spotmatic's mirror slap that for the first few pictures I didn't know if it took the picture or not. I'm trying a roll of film out right now to see how Sunny f/16 works for it.

I currently have 4 LR44's stuck together with a spring to fill the gap so I don't know if it's because of the battery that it's not getting power. But, I don't know if I want to spend more money on it by getting a battery adapter.

Thanks for the info.
09-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #1930
Loyal Site Supporter

Another for my growing collection, a pristine ME Super with the quality control stickers still on the lens and body. It's as good as if it left the factory yesterday.
If only they sold back then for the $30 I paid.
Glenn
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
09-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #1931
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
Another for my growing collection, a pristine ME Super with the quality control stickers still on the lens and body. It's as good as if it left the factory yesterday.
If only they sold back then for the $30 I paid.
Glenn
Nice looking camera! Did you get the 28mm for the $30 too?
09-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #1932
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
Nice looking camera! Did you get the 28mm for the $30 too?
Yes they sold together.
09-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #1933
Pentaxian

I just bought my first two AF film cameras (I don't count the ZX-50 and ZX-60 because I bought those for the lenses attached). After using manual focus film cameras for the last 20 years I wanted to seriously try AF. So far I'm liking the *ist bought through these forums much more than the PZ-1p, but I'll have to try a couple more rolls of film in each before deciding what to do.

At this point I may list the PZ-1p here soon though, because it's not feeling natural in my hands. After reading opinions here it seems some mentioned the PZ-1p handles a lot like a K10D, but using the controls and VF on the *ist I'm reminded more of my K10D.

The FA 28-80 came with the *ist, but a lens wasn't included with the PZ-1p purchase.

09-20-2012, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #1934
Veteran Member

I had always had a problem with limited photo sharing space - "normal" PF account with limited attachment space, 200 pics limit on flickr, I certainly couldn't post whatever I wanted and had to constantly delete the worst pictures to make room for new, better ones, sometimes leaving broken links behind. Now this idea struck me, what if I uploaded all pictures that are not "flickr-worthy" on a private album on facebook, and link those? After all, if they [mr. Zuckerberg] are using you, why shouldn't you use them as well?
Yes, the picture quality isn't the best, because they have to store the most photos on the whole wide web, but it's still ok for this purpose.

So now I can introduce my cameras

First are some pictures that might as well end up on flickr, if you like them.

Then some other random pictures:

This Zorki 2C is not actually mine, but a friend gave it to me to clean it up a little, and I took some pictures too!

This is my defunct Spottie, it died in a fight with my girlfriend unfortunately, it was looking pristine but now it is heavily dented. I will try and salvage what I can from it.

For the next 2 pictures, I tried swapping the lenses between my SPII and my brother's SV for a second, I think they match better!

And my trusty workhorse, that was already on flickr:

And I don't think I introduced this here before:

Sorry about the very long post, I got overexcited
09-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #1935
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
I had always had a problem with limited photo sharing space - "normal" PF account with limited attachment space, 200 pics limit on flickr, I certainly couldn't post whatever I wanted and had to constantly delete the worst pictures to make room for new, better ones, sometimes leaving broken links behind. Now this idea struck me, what if I uploaded all pictures that are not "flickr-worthy" on a private album on facebook, and link those? After all, if they [mr. Zuckerberg] are using you, why shouldn't you use them as well?
Yes, the picture quality isn't the best, because they have to store the most photos on the whole wide web, but it's still ok for this purpose.
Nice camera photos, the last one looks very nice.

As far as photo storage goes I use Google Sites, http://sites.google.com, which you already have access to with a free Google account. It's used to build websites, but I use it as a place to host my photos. There's no photo limit and the storage space can't be beat. I hate Flickr's buggy site. It's always slow and it crashes often, especially on a mobile device.

Posting photos to Fb gives them full permission to use, sell and license your photos in any way they want. You should read their terms of use agreement before using them for storage space.