Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
05-31-2009, 10:02 AM   #196
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jimby Quote
When I was selling cameras 20 years ago to put myself through grad school we had a ME-F in the display case. It was a "hangar queen" that I simply could not get anyone interested in buying.

And then the Maxxum 7000 came out.

I think we eventually shipped the ME-F back to Pentax.
Pentax made those ME F bodies from 1981 through 1988. I'd expect the Maxxum 5000 and 7000 to be far more advanced by 1988-89.

Edit: More advanced regarding the AF . . .

Last edited by Blue; 05-31-2009 at 10:09 AM.
05-31-2009, 10:07 AM   #197
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually the ME-F's focus confirmation works quite well in normal to bright light.
And oh, that big bright viewfinder!

Chris
05-31-2009, 12:18 PM   #198
Banned

the AF is actually incredibly fast in bright high contrast light. the operation quickens by about 60-70% and goes from a bunch of small precise movements to almost fluid. I was pleasantly surprised based on all the negative talk about how slow and 'primitive' the AF is. I have used it very successfully on the street. whats really neat is that you can take your finger off the AF button and it will stop instantly, making it quite easy to do small almost manual adjustments to the focus. this is something I think Pentax should work on. and I believe that if the ME F and the ME super had come out at the same time the Super would still have developed a following well beyond the ME F. I really doubt too many people thought the premium over the Super was worth it. great camera though. its too bad I far more enjoy the older bodies and my SV gets most of the use, behind the MX. especially since it took me a long time to get that lens.

http://www.ok1000pentax.com/search/label/MEF
06-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #199
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Bonour!
Just the perfect thread for me!
Well, my ME Super is dead so I've recently acquired an SF10, and a ZX-50 which I am not sure if it works yet due to the lack of batteries. Now I just need to pick up some film and some more batteries, and Im set. Its been a long time since Ive shot film, I am looking forward to it.

06-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #200
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Voices? Only my wife asking me what I bought now with that look in her eye
Guess I'm a little late to the thread, but I know the look you're talking about.

She'll give it to me good when I finally succumb to the charms of an MZ-S...
06-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #201
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine would be the MZ-S, PZ-1 Se and the Super A.
06-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #202
Veteran Member

The silver MZ-S and FA limited looks horse and carriage

My current film setup ME super gets the taks from time to time, MZ-7 gets the DA fisheye from time to time

Last edited by Andi Lo; 06-20-2009 at 09:37 AM.
06-23-2009, 08:44 AM   #203

Photos: Albums
I just got my first Pentax last week, ME Super and a bunch of stuff with it, filters and a Teleconverter and so on.. I'm very happy! and am yet to find a name to give it.. hmm..
but this is my baby!
here is a pic.. (not a good one tho..)
Attached Images

06-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #204
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by MC25 Quote
Bonour!
Just the perfect thread for me!
Well, my ME Super is dead so I've recently acquired an SF10, and a ZX-50 which I am not sure if it works yet due to the lack of batteries. Now I just need to pick up some film and some more batteries, and Im set. Its been a long time since Ive shot film, I am looking forward to it.

Heres a pic

06-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #205

Tonyjayice,

I just inherited a setup exactly the same from an older guy I know. ME Super, Albinar flash, Nikura teleconverter, and the same filter case. Did they sell kits with those?

Anyways, here's mine...

RD
06-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #206
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SCguy Quote
Tonyjayice,

I just inherited a setup exactly the same from an older guy I know. ME Super, Albinar flash, Nikura teleconverter, and the same filter case. Did they sell kits with those?
RD
Sure, pretty typical. That would be a pretty common accessory kit back when people bought a lot of their cameras at department stores, ...the close-up lenses and teleconverters were pretty popular before they started selling a lot of kits with the 'macro' zoom lenses and stuff. Sometimes you might get an off-brand 28 and/or a 135 as well, (or the originals) maybe a couple rolls of film, etc.

And, hee, here's Tony, someone else who names camera bodies.
06-24-2009, 04:11 AM   #207

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Sure, pretty typical. That would be a pretty common accessory kit back when people bought a lot of their cameras at department stores, ...the close-up lenses and teleconverters were pretty popular before they started selling a lot of kits with the 'macro' zoom lenses and stuff. Sometimes you might get an off-brand 28 and/or a 135 as well, (or the originals) maybe a couple rolls of film, etc.

And, hee, here's Tony, someone else who names camera bodies.
well of course the beuties need a name to call them by.. heh

but my kit is pretty extensive as to stuff.. if í'd make a list of what I got
it would be like this:

Pentax ME Super (very good condition)
Pentax M 50mm f1.7
Chinar Auto Teleconverter 2x
filters:
Hoya Skylight
Hoya Soft-spot w. extra glass
Hoya CS filter (to make bright light starry)
Hoya Red contrast (for b/w)
Toko polarizer filter
Toko macro filter-set (+1,2,3)
Alfon 350/md Flash

I'm very happy with what I got.. and for the price for it!
06-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #208
Veteran Member

1958 Pentax K

I posted pics of a 1958 K that I picked up (a few pages back in this thread). It arrived so I have shot off a role of film.....here is a couple from that role. It's nicer to use than I had imagined....especially considering it is 50 years old. It's about the same size as my ME Super and the viewfinder is terrific. First time using a camera with no meter (used the ME Super as a guide)

Shot with Kodak 400 TMAX Pro B&W and the original 55/1.8 lens.
Attached Images

06-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #209
Site Supporter

K-mount bodies:

M42 bodies:

Other film bodies, 6x7, 110, k2 and Mamiya 35mm- my blacked out film stuff (except for a Chinon above, and canon)

Last edited by Blue; 06-24-2009 at 05:51 PM.
06-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #210
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That red filter will give you very dramatic skies with BW film.

Chris