Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #2251
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,483
Nice Ricoh's - I've never had one but people here who do swear they are great!!

02-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #2252
Veteran Member
mrNewt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, RH
Posts: 2,170
QuoteOriginally posted by 48548 Quote
That is a nice looking ME Super.
Thank you! Is in excellent condition. The person I got it from was a collector as well and he barely used the camera since he got it.
Very few scratches and recently LCA by Eric.

But ... those camera has nothing on your collection ... need to add one of those as well.
02-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #2253
Veteran Member
mrNewt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, RH
Posts: 2,170
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Nice Ricoh's - I've never had one but people here who do swear they are great!!
Thanks!
They are great ... I guess a lot of people are being put off by the plastic feel ...
I have a total of 5 Ricoh cameras (all plastic) ... but never had any issues with them ... ever!

...

Ups ... I lied ... I have 6 Ricoh:









And the two previously posted

Last edited by mrNewt; 02-11-2013 at 09:46 AM.
02-11-2013, 10:03 AM - 1 Like   #2254
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 63
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Thank you! Is in excellent condition. The person I got it from was a collector as well and he barely used the camera since he got it.
Very few scratches and recently LCA by Eric.

But ... those camera has nothing on your collection ... need to add one of those as well.
Now you are making me want to take better pics of my stuff, hahaha.

02-11-2013, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #2255
Veteran Member
mrNewt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, RH
Posts: 2,170
QuoteOriginally posted by 48548 Quote
Now you are making me want to take better pics of my stuff, hahaha.
I dare you!
02-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #2256
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 63
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
I dare you!
I will see what I can do when I get home. Here is a picture of the original reciept of my mint LX, it was a photographers spare unit and still had the plastic piece in it under the film door when I got it.







02-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #2257
Veteran Member
mrNewt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, RH
Posts: 2,170
Yep ... they are expensive ...
How come you didn't bought that gold LX yet!?
02-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #2258
Loyal Site Supporter
ivanvernon's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Medina, OH
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,569
For me, my film camera is the MZ-S, one of the last film cameras offered by Pentax. The MZ-S has many of the functions of Pentax digital cameras, so it is easy to go back and forth from film to digital. I first learned photography on the Sears version of the Pentax K-1000, and always shot with the Sears camera in all manual mode. I took the Sears camera around the world with me, with 8 film canisters taped to the straps with slick black electrical tape, 4 on the left and 4 on the right, containing the different films planned for use--try that today for as real retro look! I have the MZ-S battery grip, which it took a long time to find at Keh. I prefer Velvia film but shoot Portra 800, Kodak Gold 200, and Fuji 200 speed film as well. I have a roll of Kokak BW 400 CN , looking forward to trying. I like using my FA 41 Ltd, FA 77 Ltd, and other full-frame lenses, originally purchased for digital, on this camera. I have been working up my courage to order a big batch of expired film from the hundreds of offers on eBay. I process my C-41 film at a local drugstore which pledges to change all its developing solutions daily. I come early in the morning, right after the solutions have been freshly changed. They have come to know me,so they always run around and process my film and scan it on to CDs in about 30 minutes while I wander around the store. I took film shots with my Sears/K-1000 all over Asia and Africa, and lot of it was slide film with rich deep colors.


Last edited by ivanvernon; 02-11-2013 at 10:55 AM. Reason: error in camera designation
02-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #2259
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 63
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Yep ... they are expensive ...
How come you didn't bought that gold LX yet!?
I can't afford one and the wife would kill me... A few years ago I should have got one when they were more affordable, but oh well. I should have gotten a titanium LX by now. Honestly I don't spend really any more money on these. I am waiting to pay off my truck and then I will step up and replace my 20d with a canon 5d mark V, hahaha. The wife really keeps me in check and also I like working on my own cars and spent a lot of money on tools that took over when I stoppped spending money on cameras and calculators.
02-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #2260
Veteran Member
mrNewt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, RH
Posts: 2,170
QuoteOriginally posted by 48548 Quote
I can't afford one and the wife would kill me... A few years ago I should have got one when they were more affordable, but oh well. I should have gotten a titanium LX by now. Honestly I don't spend really any more money on these. I am waiting to pay off my truck and then I will step up and replace my 20d with a canon 5d mark V, hahaha. The wife really keeps me in check and also I like working on my own cars and spent a lot of money on tools that took over when I stoppped spending money on cameras and calculators.
I feel your pain ... cars ... cameras ... cars ... cameras!?
In my case, most of the time cars win
02-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #2261
Forum Member




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rochester
Photos: Albums
Posts: 72
QuoteOriginally posted by 48548 Quote
Most of mine I got ripped off on and they broke or didn't work and Eric can't repair them. I would go with a winder easier to find.
I been thinking about that. Most likely ill go that way less by chance one mint one comes walking by.
02-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #2262
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 63
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
I feel your pain ... cars ... cameras ... cars ... cameras!?
In my case, most of the time cars win
I just had this repaired last year it was 600, that could have been spent on tools or cameras.

02-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #2263
Veteran Member
mrNewt's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON, RH
Posts: 2,170
QuoteOriginally posted by 48548 Quote
I just had this repaired last year it was 600, that could have been spent on tools or cameras.
- sweet!!!!
02-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #2264
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,216
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I first learned photography on the Sears version of the Pentax K-1000
??? Sears were generally rebadged Ricoh. Which model did you have?


Steve
02-12-2013, 02:54 AM   #2265
Pentaxian
unixrevolution's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waldorf, MD
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,845
QuoteOriginally posted by 48548 Quote
Here are a few more things


Gorgeous group of accessories! I really have it bad for one of the flip-up waist level finders (FF-1) but I can never find one at the right price.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, camera, chrome, colors, es, f/2.8, film, films, flag, k1000, kx, lens, lever, lexus, light, love, lx, mode, mx, pentax, photo, photography, plate, post, product photography, reunion, shooters, sp, super-takumar, wind
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Introduce myself... joostdh Welcomes and Introductions 2 09-07-2010 01:12 AM
Please let me introduce myself........ niklas Welcomes and Introductions 4 05-21-2009 05:04 AM
Pentax will introduce a new camera at PMA... hopey Pentax News and Rumors 72 03-03-2009 05:19 AM
Let me introduce myself here. PentaxUserK100d Welcomes and Introductions 1 02-06-2007 09:11 AM
Let me introduce myself INcreative Welcomes and Introductions 4 12-19-2006 02:15 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:15 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top