Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
07-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #2461
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Loving all the proud new owners of LX, K2 and bellows gear. I'm happy to see this thread has come back to life.

Teaser alert - I just Sent Money for my second copy of a certain classic mechanical film camera, acquired from a highly respected and particular member. Such new camera has within its optical path the answer to all my vision issues these last 5 years.

Un-boxing Party Photos sometime later this week - anybody want to guess what I have coming in the mail?

07-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #2462
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Loving all the proud new owners of LX, K2 and bellows gear. I'm happy to see this thread has come back to life.

Teaser alert - I just Sent Money for my second copy of a certain classic mechanical film camera, acquired from a highly respected and particular member. Such new camera has within its optical path the answer to all my vision issues these last 5 years.

Un-boxing Party Photos sometime later this week - anybody want to guess what I have coming in the mail?
Could it be a black KX with split screen from Colton?

Nice pick-up, I was eyeing it myself.

Phil.
07-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #2463
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

Pentax MX which has the largest viewfinder magnification of all?
07-13-2013, 07:58 PM - 1 Like   #2464
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Could it be a black KX with split screen from Colton?

Nice pick-up, I was eyeing it myself.

Phil.
Got it in one! (From a great member, too). Split image focusing screen which solves my visual problems. When I PM'ed I wrote, "I've been looking at this long enough."

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Pentax MX which has the largest viewfinder magnification of all?
Well, there's an MX on the desk. $65 (IIRC) eBay find including an M50/1.7 and caps and some other odd stuff.

07-17-2013, 08:35 PM - 1 Like   #2465
Pentaxian

With the addition of the FE-1, that about completes the LX finders for me. Of course I wouldn't turn away an FF-1 if the price and condition was right . . .

07-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #2466
Pentaxian

Profiles of the finders mounted on the camera.

07-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #2467
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Profiles of the finders mounted on the camera.
Impressive!

Phil.

07-18-2013, 05:08 AM   #2468
Pentaxian

Impressive!

Phil.
The LX truly is!
07-19-2013, 04:27 PM - 1 Like   #2469
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A guy was selling this on Craigslist about 7 blocks from where I live, couldn’t resist!
Attached Images

07-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #2470
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello beautiful.

Oh my my.
07-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #2471
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

A guy was selling this on Craigslist about 7 blocks from where I live, couldn’t resist!
I have often been tempted, but never found one that was "easy" to buy. (Good condition and low price...)

Steve
07-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #2472
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice!
07-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #2473
Pentaxian

Pentax's other interchangeable viewfinder camera! If one showed up on CL nearby at the right price, I may not be able to resist either!
07-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #2474
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Pentax's other interchangeable viewfinder camera! If one showed up on CL nearby at the right price, I may not be able to resist either!
...and that is why I avoid CL!!!

Steve

...way too many cameras and lenses...
07-21-2013, 01:55 PM - 1 Like   #2475
Veteran Member

I've been reading so much from other forum members about the many fine attributes of the MX, I had to see for myself.

In April I found this body and lens on evil-bay. The photo doesn't do the body or lens justice - they are almost perfect, except that the lens arrived with a bent aperture ring (that's a thread all it's own - and I rather just let it go). Using another lens, I shot a test roll. Even though the shots didn't indicate a problem, considering I didn't know the history of the body, I decided to send the body along with the lens to Eric. He was able to correct the aperture ring, to the point the bend isn't noticeable, and of course, the body is now flawless after his care.

While Eric had the body and lens, I tracked down the Winder. The auto winding is nice, but the real advantage is the grip it provides.

So far, I'm only on my third roll. But I'm thinking this will be one of my more frequently used bodies, along with the KX.

Fred